main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Macon, GA New member!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by whipwarrior, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Hey everyone, I think we have a new member! While waiting for them to bring the Star Wars display out at Wal-Mart, I met a really cool SW fan who lives in Bonaire. We talked shop for about ten minutes while we waited, and then chatted for about twenty more minutes outside the store. I recommended him to check out the Macon board at theforce.net, and he said that he would, so please join me in welcoming our newest member to the group when he shows up here. Unfortunately I forgot to ask him what his name was, but trust me, he is totally cool and very funny (when I confessed that I wanted to get a set of stormtrooper armor, he said: "You don't want to be a clone!") He is currently working on a lightsaber, so maybe smiling otter can give him a hand (I told him that you have a metal lathe to use for the construction of handles). Anyway, I've rambled here long enough. Time to go open my new AOTC widescreen DVD!!!

-Dale

2. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    Cool. I ran into a few people at my nearest Walmart and recommended this board. Hopefully we'll see a few posters before too long. Allie, LilJedi, any stories from ya'll?

3. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    <hanging head in shame>

I haven't gotten my copy yet. I am going during my lunch break. If I see anyone with a copy in their hand they will be solicited, I promise you that.

4. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    heeheehee...I watched some of the deleted scene's at work during lunch....SWEET :)

gonna sit and watch EVERYTHING tonight when I get home though, phone will Definately be off the hook.

sabrann

5. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Yahoo! (not the website)

I got it!

With only 1 hour and 7 minutes until I go home, I'm rarin' ta go!

6. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    I'm the "Wal-Mart guy"

Nice to be part of the group.

So many people like SW but seems so few people around here seem to share that fact.

I guess a bit about myself:

I'm old school SW. The new movies are ok but, not what I expected.

I have a little knowledge of the expanded universe but, not much.

I played the RPG for several years and like other RPGs.

I am REALLY looking forward to the SWG Mass Multiplayer game soon to come out.?

When it does we will all need to get on the same server.

Darth Maul should have Kicked Bens @$$.

Young Anakin acts like a wussy around girls.

Jango was killed way to fast even though jedi rock.

Best part of E1 Darth Maul

Best part of E2 Yoda

JarJar MUST DIE!!!!!!!!!

7. whipwarrior

whipwarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2002
    Hey! Welcome aboard! I couldn't agree with you more about there being a distinct lack of dyed-in-the-wool Star Wars fans around here. This is particularly remarkable considering the hundreds of people forming the line that wrapped around the Galleria on the evening of May 16th. I have a sneaking suspicion that most of them were casual fans who just wanted to boast that they'd seen it opening night. If I had conducted a survey, I'm willing to bet that less than half of them probably didn't know what the Star Wars Insider magazine was. Regardless, you're in good company here. We're a small, but dedicated group, and we all share a passion for Star Wars and the work of George Lucas. I'm looking forward to our third meeting. Here's hoping that it will be a good one.

-Dale

P.S.- Somehow I have the overwhelming feeling that the unanimous choice for the official group name is going to be Macon Clones, which means that I will have to alter my logo design to reflect the change accordingly. (Not that I mind, because I love using Photoshop) In fact, I think that I'll get to work on that tomorrow, so I'll have it to present at the meeting.

P.S.S.- What kind of soda does everyone like? I'll buy 2 liter bottles, and I need to know what to get. (I'm bringing Dr. Pepper for myself and anyone else who drinks it) Maybe we should chip in for a pizza as well, since that's always a crowd-pleaser. Any ideas guys?

8. Force_Me

Force_Me Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2002
    Well I think Im to new to vote but, Ill give input.

Who really wants to be a clone?

I don't have a real input on what it should be but, I just hate thinking of the group as a bunch of mindless flesh dolls forced to serve at the drop of a helmet.

9. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Welcome to the group Force_Me.

I'm glad to see more fans crawl out of the woodwork especially now, in this "downtime" in Star Wars fandom.

I continue to work on finding an appropriate venue for out third meeting. So far I keep getting bad news from everywhere I call. I'm going to try Macon College again. I went there on Monday but the business offices were closed by the time I arrived.

I'll post more info in the MEETING #3 thread as soon as I know something.

We hope to see you at the next meeting.

10. sabrann

sabrann Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey Welcome to the group.

I am glad to see more people entering and checking things out also.

If you have any questions or input feel free to post :)
    This is a new group so I don't think being new has any bearing on the value of your input.

Sabrann

11. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    Force_Me

Email me at kessel_miner@hotmail.com and I'll add you to the notificaton list for the next meeting.

12. Allie Fox

Jan 13, 2000
    I wonder if this fan is still around?

I hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.