main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    HA! I knew you'd come around after I posted at the official site last night!

Welcome jedijason! We're a rapidly growing bunch here - and many of us have ties to Los Lunas, too! We'll have to make sure you get up here for our meeting this weekend, if possible!

2. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Nice to see that you are here. I'd like to come, but like I said, I am a Star Wars fan under some pretty strange circumstances.

3. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Since I am pretty new here, I see that you all have signiture things on the bottom of your posts. What are those for, and how would I go about getting or coming up with something like that?

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome Jason!

You can click on the "options" link at the top....there is a link for "change my signature"

From there you can add any random stuff you like :)

Glad you found us!!!

-Michelle

5. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    WELCOME!!! This is a great group of people, you're really going to enjoy yourself here. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

6. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Welcome JediJason! Just don't pull BrotherHalo's finger. It's a trap! It's a trap!

Come hang out wid us, bro! This is a super fun group of geeks! We like to bowl and sing karaoke and laugh a really lot. And we love kids. We're all about the kids. And the dirty armor. You'll see.

-propgeek

7. JediMasterOrgana

JediMasterOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey everyone! I finally made it (took me long enough). I'm a new member here, I live in Los Lunas, became a Star Wars fan back in '03.

8. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    WELCOME JediMasterOrgana!!!!!

Do not be afraid to jump right in!!!

9. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Wilkommen!

Glad to see another Los Lunas member on the block! As Gecko said, feel free to jump right in! If you need any help, let Wook or I know and we'll do what we can to get you fixed up!

10. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I guess I should say hi to JediMasterOrgana, who is my brother.

11. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I knew there was a connection!

12. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Yeah, it was probably a little strange having two people from Los Lunas joining in such a short time.

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    welcome JediMasterOrgana!

At this rate we'll need a NM MidRim chapter!

Welcome! Hope they haven't scared you too much! Welcome to the fray!!!

Michelle

14. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Los Lunas... home of the most rockin' Habitat for Humanity affiliate in the whole southwest! At least acording to Jimmy Carter.

Welcome, guys!

15. fathom33

fathom33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Hello everyone,

My name is Jenna and the first time I found out about the Mos Alba Fan Club was at the Cherry Hills Library when you guys held a childrens event not to long ago. I ran into another member (sorry if I didnt catch your name) who approached me because I was wearing a SW Celebration III tank top at the Bruce Campbell book signing. I was with my 2 year old son who was also wearing a SW shirt. Anyway, she had asked if I knew of this fan club group and I told her that I had just found out recently. She advised me on how to become a member and of the next meeting this coming Sunday at 2pm.

I have become a more die-hard SW fan over the past 8 years thanks to my husband's (Sean) passion for everything Starwars. By the way, he goes by Hairlesswookie. Anyway, I have come to love all things related to SW as well as many other hobbies. We have so far been to all 3 celebrations and are looking forward to the next one already. We are very happy to have found a fan club group here in Albuquerque. Hope to be able to attend several events in the near future. Thank you.

16. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome fathom33!!!
    I was also at the Bruce Campbell signing and I talked Cyndi into going to talk with you as I am so very shy! [face_blush] I was the guy in the "Got Armor" shirt! If you can...both you and your husband should come to the meeting and you will get to meet the gang! Once again....WELCOME!!!!

17. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Hi all - another Newbie here. :) I was actually also at the Bruce C. signing with DarthJen91 guess I missed everyone becuase we got to be at the front of the line! :p Anyway, I have been to one meeting (with the aforementioned Darth Jen) and felt so sad that I didn't have a screen name to share that I finally decided to post. I am a newcomer to the mania that is Star Wars, but I went to Celebration III so I am hoping I have paid my dues in those long rainy lines. ;) I really like the Clone Wars and have adopted Shaak Ti as one of my favorite characters. Hence the screen name (I can't believe she got cut from the movie) and I have great (if perhaps somewhat deluded) visions of some day creating an awesome Shaak Ti costume for myself! :) Anyway guess that is about it. I will likely lurk more than post but I'll see ya all at meetings and pop in for an occassional post or two. Glad to be a part of Mos Alba!

Vivian Q.

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Welcome to both fathom and Shaak_Vi! Lurking is always just as welcome as posting, but don't be afraid to show your faces at any meetings or events!

We're glad that we're always finding new people to share the Star Wars passion with. It's amazing how many there are in Albuquerque. We won't find all of them, but we'll keep trying!

19. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Nice to see that you found us Shaak_vi and fathom 33. The people here are kind of fun, if not a little strange. But what can I say, I'm probably stranger than any of them. Hope to here from the both of you soon.

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Also keep an eye out for other types of meetings....bowling, BBQ's, Costume Workshops and going to movies!

WELCOME Shaak_Vi

21. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey fathom33 and Shaak_Vi. I'm thinking of changing my screen name to "Shaak-Yu" because I am so shocking to normal people.

[face_laugh]

Welcome you two! I've had more fun here than just about anywhere I can remember. These are the only people I've ever bowled with where I actually had the high score (and it wasn't very high).

Hope to meet you this Sunday afternoon.

-propgeek

22. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Welcome Shak VI, you'll never find more wretched scum and villany.
    "wasn't it fun standing in the rain for hours and hours at CIII, I know enjoyed it."

23. fathom33

fathom33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Thank you all for the welcome and welcome to Skaak_Vi as well. I just found out that my hairlesswookie has been a poster for quite some time now... go figure... ha ha. Anyway, I yes, Gecko_Fett, i remember who you were. I remember that just before Cyndi approached me, I though how cool your shirt was as you had just walked by my son, Jacen, and I. We are hoping to make it to the meeting. Hopefully, it is still at Loma Del Norte park at 2pm on Sunday, Right... oh yeah, and by the way, I really dont think that any of us Star Wars Fans can really fall under the "normal" catagory anyway. As, this is one of the things I love about being a fan. Anyone and everyone is accepted with all their quirks included... Love It!!! I think I may be a regular visitor to the postings ha ha... Ask my husband, I am a talker.. ha ha. Anyway, look forward to meeting everyone if we can make it and otherwise, I am happy to meet you all through the message boards as well. Take Care, and "Let the Wookie win!" ....Peace....[face_peace]

24. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    My wife is posting on the SW Message Boards, somebody pinch me!!
    LOL!!!

25. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    That'll never happen with my wife. Though she did give me permission to invite the geeks over sometime. That's actually a pretty amazing concession. She thinks you guys are aiding and abetting my reversion to adolescence. Well... maybe she has a point.

[face_thinking]