main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    700th post!

2. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Ashley is here! Hey young lady, we miss you and Tabitha! Come back and see us soon. And in the mean time, post like you're a regular here, ok?

Say, I was just noticing your avatar. Which one in that pic represents you? (Smirk) "You underestimate my power!"

Hey, your mom and your step-dad totally rock!

Jango, congratulations on your 700th post... you loquacious, verbose son of a biscuit! [face_laugh]

3. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    I meant 700th post on this thread. I crossed 600 earlier today.

4. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    You're still loquacious and verbose.

5. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    I'm coming up on 600...and I've only been on a little over a month!! woo hoo :D

6. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Loquacious and verbose biscuit! Or is that tart?

[face_thinking]

7. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Hello there,

I have found your site while I was attending college in Oklahoma. While Okla. has a similiar organization, I would rather join Mos Alba (Cool name btw!) I have moved to Albuquerque a year and a half ago and would like to join Mos Alba (Errmmm I guess I already said that.). I am working at Santo Domingo school on the reservation as computer teacher and permanant sub teacher (now isn't that an oxymoron) Looking at my spelling skills and my typing ability I feel sorry for my students! However, I now have the chance to subject a whole generation of students to SW. I feel this is my duty now since I once had a picture of a storm trooper as my desktop background and one of my students asked what the picture was!:eek: It took all my energy not to send the little brat...errrmm...I mean, misguided padawan to detention. I am interested in attending meetings and assisting the organization as much as possible! Thanks for your time.
    DJ_Rebo

8. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Welcome, Deej!

Ha-ko'eneh. We are so glad you're here! From Oklahoma to Santo Domingo? You MUST be a nativo. Around here, we're mostly either Tewa or Dine'. Either way, welcome. "Permanent sub" is a normal category in the pueblos of central NM. It's a totally different world.

So, do you costume? If so, who are you, and if not, who do you wannabe? We do a lot of stuff for the Children's Miracle Network and Breast Cancer Research. Of course, any excuse to troop... we'll be there! We'd love to get to know you. Our regular meetings are the third Sunday of each month, but we also have a bowling league every Sunday afternoon at the TenPins in Rio Rathole and BBQ's or costume/armor/prop parties periodically. Tell us your interests and we'll help you get connected.

Please tell us more about yourself. Weesa muy, muy we like you.

Welcome HOME!

-propgeek

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Welcome DJ!! You'll find this is the best Fan Force around. We have a lot of fun together with all of our events. It's just like a big family. I guarantee you'll be entertained by some of the characters we have around here.[face_whistling]

10. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, especially Matt.

Well... and StarLeia. She's pretty freakin' funny too.

11. DJ_Rebo

Jul 30, 2005
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to attending my first meeting. Are you NDN propgeek? I am Kiowa tribe from Okla. but I consider the South West, mainly Albuquerque, my true Home!
    I have never costumed but have been interested in making a rebel pilot outfit. I never had the time before since I was in college but now it is a whole different story. I would like to help for charity orgs and attend get togethers as well. I am just breaking into being a part time DJ as well (Hence the DJ_Rebo handle.). I have done a couple of gigs in Norman Okla. but had to rely on my lap top w/mixman software and a DM2 for sound source only. Now however I finally got some turntables and and A Serato Scratch Live system and my sound library is purty considerable. I got to DJ my fathers wedding two weeks ago!
    Well gotta go since the Sattelite is closing.
    Cheers
    DJ_Rebo

12. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    Welcome DJ! As Matt said, we are like one big family. And you know crazy families are!! 8-} Seriously, we have lots of fun, and we're looking forward to getting to meet you.

13. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    Tart? Hmmmm, ask Clem about that one... :*

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    WELCOME DJ_Rebo!!!!

As has been mentioned before...you have found the best Fan Group around! If you have any questions....just ask...I am sure someone will fill you in!

Jess

15. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Welcome aboard DJ_Rebo!!

16. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    DJ_Rebo,

I'm guessing from your avatar that you're from the BlueFace Clan, right? (JK). My heritage is Cherokee, from Eastern Tennessee. We have close ties with the Choctaw as well, from your neck of the woods. I'm not sure if that's familial or friendship. You should see a picture of my grandfather, though. He would've fit in with any tribe in Oklahoma. His grandfather was pureblood. But we moved to New Mexico when I was very young, so I've just always gone to the Gatherings and the Market like I was a local native. I'm most familiar with Navajo, I guess since most of my homies growing up here in Albuquerque were Dine'.

Anyways... a satellite-powered Okie-Kiowa on the Santo Domingo rez, eh? I think we got ourselves a high-tech redneck here, guys. DJ, you're going to fit in with us beautifully. You should come to the Ten Pins bowling alley next Sunday and hang out. You could bowl on my ticket if you want. It's a hoot, whether you bowl or not. We'd like to get to know you. We can look at some Rebel Pilot reference together and see what it'll take to get you started. Lor has done a Rebel pilot, and I think maybe TK166 has as well. Bro, just to warn you, this is a serious addiction. Once you get to interact with the kids and see the light in their eyes... you're hooked! You'll have to add trooping to your monthly budget. But it's a durn site better (and cheaper) than other things you could be addicted to.

;)

17. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Welcome DJ. Glad to have you aboard.

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome DJ Rebo!

Glad you found our little hive here...as you might have already gathered, we're a bit loco 8-} here - but it's all in good fun. We have quite the variety as well - budding filmmakers, webmasters, etc, so I'm sure your talents can find a good use in our group here.

Anything you need, just ask!

Michelle/Wook

19. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey DJ! Welcome! I've only been here a while myself but yep everyone is definately a character! Also I'm sooooo happy to have another teacher here! Little by little we can brainwash (er I mean - educate) our younglings about the star wars culture! PM me if you ever want to talk about anything teacher-y like hiding the bodies of the kids you strangled that day! :D JUST KIDDING of course!

20. DJ_Rebo

Jul 30, 2005
    I am really excited about finally joining up. Everyone seems reaaly kewl. I really dig the personalities on the Boards. I do not know where to start. I might end up anywhere.
    [image=http://image52.webshots.com/52/6/88/60/410068860XnYdMQ_ph.jpg]
    Jus taking my Tie for a cruise on Central.

21. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome, DJR! Guess who's spinning the tunes at our next partay?!

Yes, we've got some really cool personalities here. Of course, there are some conflicts, but we're like the Brady bunch. We always rally back around each other. Granted, a really twisted version of the Brady bunch. More like American McGee's Brady Bunch...

Seriously though, we love getting new people to join us. We have fun and all that jazz!

22. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Hey DJ! How is it going? Welcome to the boards! [face_whistling]

Tell sy Snootles I said hi!

23. DJ_Rebo

Jul 30, 2005
    Awww man, Sy snootles quit. She got a better manager which is why I am doing weddings. But hey a few credits is better than no credits.

24. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
  25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Cool photos DJ!

I love that picture of ABQ - back in the days before the KFC turned into a Starbucks...