Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. mandy_djo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello everyone! I just got here thanks to Jaina313.
    I'm also from Alamogordo and hope to see some of you in Cloudcroft this next weekend!
  2. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Mandy Jo!!! We will see you this weekend then!!!
  3. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Welcome to our little online home, mandy_djo! If you need anything, just let Wook or I know and we'll ignore you just like we ignore everyone else! :p

Seriously, we're here to help should you need anything!
  4. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    hahaha BrotherHalo!
    Hi, welcome, nice to meetcha!
  5. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Mandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't be able to see you this weekend because of family dinner and everything.
  6. Jaina313 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ahhhhh, the growing number of stormtrooper icons! They're taking over! ;) Gecko, TK166.... et tu, LadyN? :p
  7. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    I am loving the look and feel of the Imperial presence! Stormtroopers unite!!
  8. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    ha ha, yeah, we're gonna need to see ALL y'alls identification!
  9. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    [image=http://www.mosalba.redlor.net/gallery/forceneb1.gif]

You Don't Need to see my Identification.

-lor
  10. TK166 Jedi Master

star 4
    We don't need to see HIS identification...
  11. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    You're not dissin' Neb there, are you Lor?
    [face_devil]
  12. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    welcome mandy_djo! I will meet you this weekend as well.

You don't need to see my identification...
  13. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    No way, am I dissin' The Neb, I would have thrown up a picture of me doing the jedi wave but I didn't have a pre-made one and it would have been too late to post by the time I got one of me up... And neb did the picture years ago, and I felt it was appropriate so I looked through my photo archives and posed it... if any thing it's homage to him... or some thing

-lor
  14. Praxis Jedi Padawan

Ello all, my name is Praxis aka James, wanted to introduce myself first...I live in Belen, NM and have been an avid gamer for a few years now...played Ultima Online progressed through most of the others and now play SWG...I was on tonight and just thought "Hey Dummy, ever thought about playing with people from your town?" so I have hunted you all down to join your ranks of Star Wars Fans. Would also LUB to find out where you all play the game and names so i could maybe get a refreshed aspect to gaming...I have seen the post about the meetings..sounds great! Look forward to meeting you all very soon.
  15. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sweet, another galaxies junkie... Mos Alba is on the Radiant server, where we have a nice PA hall on tatooine. In game look for Lorithavon, that would be me or Sunaya, that would be Varza. there are a couple other people that live here in Albuquerque that play with us but they don't participate on the boards here.

and oh ya welcome to Mos Alba, It would be cool if you could make it to one of our meetings some time too...

-lor
  16. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Bienvenidos, Praxis! Yeah, it'd be great to see you at one of our meetings.

I would love to play Galaxies. But I can't convince myself (or my better half) to pay the monthly subscription. If there was a way I could do it, I'd be all over it like stink on ... anyway, glad to welcome you to Mos Alba!
  17. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Praxis! Hopefully you will look us up, the PA hall is easy to notice since we are called-well Mos Alba Swoopers! And I invite you to join if you come by...

18. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Praxis!

Jess here! Welcome to the group! Like BrotherHalo, I to have not taken the jump into the Galaxies realm. I cannot justify the video card I would need to play it! It would be great to see ya at the meetings! Make sure you check out the Mos Alba Web page too!

Jess
  19. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Hiya! Welcome to Mos Alba! I like a few others don't have Galaxies
    A) Because I don't have the money

B) Because I don't think my computer can hold something like that and my mom would kill me for all of the memory it would eat up.

and

C) We have Dial-up *frown*
  20. abqscout Jedi Knight

Hi all.

I have been waiting all day for my password so I can post. I have been looking at the arcives for about a week.

First I would like to thank Jess for pointing me in your direction. I am a pending member of the 501st, and as you might guess my costume is a Scout Trooper. I have been slowly working on it for about two years. I look forword to meeting some of you at the group's next meeting.

I am also an active member of the USS Anasazi, the local chapter of Starfleet International. Our focus is on having fun not just Star Trek. Our interests cover a good cross section of sci-fi. We are as much a bunch of mixed nuts as this group seems to be. We look forword to joining you for some of your events and hope you might join us for some of ours. If anyone is interested in meeting us (the Anasazi bunch) before the May 16 meeting, PM me and I will send you our meeting times and location.

Earl
  21. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Hey Earl! A fellow Biker scout, awesome! I just wish I could get some extra $$$ to get my armor NOW. Man, this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy.

So, you currently belong to a Star Trek crew, eh? That's cool! Maybe we can join you at one of those meetings, soon, too!

Hope to see you at our next meeting! And more frequently on these boards!

Oh yeah, if you need anything, let me or Wook, your friendly neighborhood CRs know. ;)
  22. abqscout Jedi Knight

Thanks for the welcome.

For any who are interested the Anasazi meets every second Thursday of every month for our buisness meeting and every third friday every month for our "fun" meeting. The meetins are open to anyone. We meet at our curent CO's place: 1811 Lead SE #11. It is the appartments on the NE corner of University & Lead. If anyone who wants to meet us needs detailed directions let me know.

Earl
  23. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    man! you guys need to be at the bubonicon! We can have tables set up across from one another and have a mock battle!

come on stormtroopers vs. klingons! I am all for it. But only if I can were my primitive jedi with the heart of klingon costume!! hehehe...

BTW, I am a fan of both. according to my mom I am a klingon my brother a vulcan.

welcome to the boards!
  24. abqscout Jedi Knight

We will be in the hotell. We will be celabrating the third aniversary of our commissioning. We will basicly be having a weekend long room party. I plan to Troop for part of the time. We will not be officaly part of the con. Most of us will not be buying a membership to bubonicon. The reason for this is a long story that goes back two years.
  25. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Awesome!

The Troopers have come to town!

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby