main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    'ello all ye of MosAlba! I'm a new member! Woohoo! :) <--ready to be welcomed with open arms. Anywhos, I've been meaning to join this group for awhile but, alas, I keep forgetting. :p But I remembered this time. Yay!

Well, that enough excitement from me. Let's talk some StarWars. We'll I've been a fan since I was a kid and my parents recorded the first ever broadcast showing of StarWars on the TV. I used to watch it over and over. Since then I've developed into a crazy fan who plays StarWars games by day and tries to build lightsabers by night. Alas. Well anywhos, I'm looking forward to meeting you all at meetings. Hopefully I won't forget to go. :p TTYL.

-Garra Kun (aka Raul)

2. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Welcome GarraKun you have come to the right place. we are collectors,costumers,gamers,rpg,and prop makers etc, just plan Star Wars fans. Ive been a fan since summer of 1977. If you are on the westside Sunday we are in a bowling league in Rio Rancho at Ten Pins off of 528 and Barbra at 3:00pm you should come by and say hi and meet some of us there so once again welcome and feel free to contact anyone of us or RSA,CO-CR Brotherhalo or CR-Wook I am Bloodclaws65.

3. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
  4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome GarraKun! [:D]

It's all about lovin' Star Wars here [:D]

Glad you found our not-so-little group here! We should be having a meeting on Sunday,August 21st...location to be determined! We'll also be invading Albuquerque's version of a sci-fi con (Bubonicon) the following weekend of the 26th - 28th if you miss the meeting the weekend before. Keep checking out the boards to find out more details - and always feel free to jump right into the mayhem here - it's a great bunch of people.

Michelle/Wook

5. jango_junkie

jango_junkie Jedi Master star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    Approx how many members do we have as of now?

6. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    So Garrakun,

Do I detect a 'int of cockney in your bantah? Maybe a little Ren gene, maybe? We'ah glad to have you he'ah, mate. Whether you wield lightsaber or mace. We're open-moinded. So bring it on, bro.

And now, to go off topic for a second... wow, "Over There" freakin' rocks! First time I've watched it, and dang if they don't capture the whole feeling I get from my clients who've actually been over there! They love it. I wonder if I'm watching the next "M*A*S*H."

7. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    GarraKun! Glad to see you finally made it on the boards! (to clue everyone else in, Raul and I went to high school together) Hope to see you at the meeting on the 21st, if not sooner! :)

8. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
  9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Welcome Raul!

10. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    I only wish I had a cool cockney accent, alas. True and true New Mexican here. However, sometimes my "homie" accent comes out. LOL

11. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    Dude, I was driving yesterday and I remembered the NC squared group we started in highchool. We need to bring it back... :p LOL

12. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Oh man, NC squared. I remember that, although I don't remember what the acronym stood for. :p

13. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Bienvenue Raul! If your a friend of Brian's then I think you'll fit in more than well here!

Need anything, let us know!

14. darthanakin1

darthanakin1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2005
    hi im kinda new and im having fun on the boards.

15. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    You don't remember?! I'm agast. It stood for the Neve Cambell Club. Remember now? ;) HA.

16. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    Hello there "kinda new and having fun". :D hehe

17. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Glad you dig the Photo Wook. The actual artist who took that kewl pic of central in 1969 is named Haas. I just fireworked it and put the tie fighter and x wing fighter cockpit in the foreground. [face_whistling]

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome, darthanakin1! I'm glad you found our boards and are having fun. But if you take some time to dig into some of the other threads, you'll find some pretty unique (and fun) people here. Just a quick word of warning, however: Don't post TOO many "Favorite/Poll/etc." threads - it's a bit spammish.

But other than that, you've stumbled upon the greatest fan club in Albuquerque. Or in my opinion, anyway!

19. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    DarthAnakin, welcome bro! All'a you new guys. Come hang out with us at the Ten Pins in Rio Rancho. You can hang out, eat, drink, and you can probably bowl as well.

DJ_Rebo, that should be pretty close for you, brah. Hey, I loved your website, by the way. Great MP3's, jokes, and links. You know what I think would be really cool would be a pic of the Sunport on eastbound approach through The Millenium Falcon's cockpit. It would be a difficult pic to find unless you happen to know some airline pilots. But it would be a really cool pick. Especially if it's a pink Sandia sunset when the city lights start coming on. Man, that would be awesome!

20. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
    Okay Propgeek, now I just hit 700 posts!

21. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
  22. jango_junkie

Apr 3, 2005
  23. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Hello GarraKun and darthanakin1, nice to see that you found us. Welcome to our crazy group.

24. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I checked out some of his other works as well...pretty talented guy! Weird thing: he took that picture the same year I was born and close to the hospital (Pres), and had the same last name as me at the time (Haas). Freaky.

25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Good question...lemme run the numbers. *cranks up the old 10-key*