main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003

Do you mean.....Sunday?

2. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Hello Jace. Did you wear your Predator costume to the Zoo Boo last year?

3. JaceMardu

JaceMardu Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 30, 2005
    What's tomorrow? I'm in need of some direction here. I didn't see any current event stuff.

4. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Didn't do the zoo last year. I was at Graham Central Station. They have a BIG costume contest. Prize was 1k! I didn't win though. I don't think I walked around enough. I thought we would be judged on stage but the judges were all over the place and they had to see you to vote on you. Some chick dressed as the blue lady diva from fifth element won.

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welome Jace!

I think propgeek is referring to our bowling league that meets on Sundays at 3pm at the Ten Pins in Rio Rancho...even if you don't bowl, come on by!

And for costumes - I hope you'll be able to make it for our Hastings DVD release event on the 31st in Rio Rancho.

Can't wait to see the costumes! We do need some more Jedi around - y'know to balance out the plethora of darksiders we have around here ;)

6. Darth_Firebird

Darth_Firebird Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    See, if ya all lived in Little New York like I do it would only take about 5 minutes if that to make it to the bowling alley....sheesh.........then again, if you were me, I would actually MAKE it there instead of giving the rest of you crap for it.........oh well, darkside works in mysterious ways sometimes! I swear I will make it there!!!!!! Of course, the Vikings are playing Atlanta and it's a late game so kinda have to see if ole Culpepper throws another gazillion INT's this game.................yikes. Anyhoot, welcome Jace from another newbie to the board!

7. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Didn't make the bowling outing. We are currently putting in hardwood floors and painting and stuff. Oh it is so much fun! I may be single soon. Ha Ha! Did you say you do it every sunday? What time? I'd love to come by some time and meet you guys. I wouldn't threaten you with joining your league but I'll hang out and throw down a few beers.

For the event on the 31st - That's a monday - What time and what's the run down? I would love to do it!

I need to take some more pictures of me in costume to submit my app so I can be official. I have taken a few but they are in the camera and my computer is still in "storage" with the floor project. I could take it to work and pull the pic. I didn't really like it though and I'm getting a different belt.

I also have a second tunic now. It is a "dark Jedi" style. Maroon under tunic with black tabbards and obi. That will be my alter ego.

After viewing a lot of the pics I'm interested in doing a creature costume or something. Do you guys need or want anything in particular for the troop?

Jace

8. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Maybe a bounty hunter would be cool!

9. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Jace!

Speaking for myself... I would LOVE Chewbacca!

10. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Bounty Hunters rule!!!

11. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I'm gonna be a bounty hunter....someday...

12. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey Jace, welcome to the group.

13. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Karen, you're my kind of scum

14. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    [face_batting] Aw, thanks, Ken. (Even though I am going to be a pseudo Bounty Hunter.)

15. Darth_Firebird

Darth_Firebird Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2005
    Ya know, after watching yet another fiasco this past Sunday.............I realized I should have just went to the bowling and hung out...............oh well, at least the Vikings wont lose this coming weekend, and only a half game out of first...............at 1 - 3................waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Oh, speaking of Chewbacca..............I can do that costume pretty well, just show up with no clo...................................nah, nevermind, not going there.

16. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I could have sworn I had come by this thread sooner and said
    welcome to all the new members, but looking back through the posts it seems I haven't. For that I apologize.
    So WELCOME!!! to all the new people who have made it here to the Mos Alba FF.

17. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Skyra - Thanks, It's been really cool so far!

Firebird - Too much information!!!!!!!

:oops:

18. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005

[face_laugh]

19. MetalGearJ

MetalGearJ Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Hello! im the new guy! lol..well, during my classes of biology, your members jeremy and jason told me that i should join u guys at least for the forum...and so here i am! im a fan of the SW series and such, but im a big video gamer...i have the bounty hunter game for the ps2 and SW:battlefront for the ps2 as well, i usually get on once and a while online... um, i own the dvds of the SW movies...and i got a old Darth vader helment...lol...im not a big fan but a fan none the less...lol..so! here i am! i never been in a forum before so if there are people here to show me how to work these things, id apreciate it! thanks!

20. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome aboad, MetalGearJ! We are glad to have you here! It may seem a bit tense right now, and Jeremy and Jason will fill you in. But we really can be a good group. The boards are easy to use but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask Wook, Gecko_Fett, or myself!

21. JaceMardu

Sep 30, 2005
    Howdy MetalGearJ,

I'm new here too. The boards may seem a little confusing at first but they will start to make sense the more you use them. This is a really good group of people. Welcome aboard!

22. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Nice to meet you MetalGearJ...
    Sean here,
    I'm sure you're as excited as all of us then on the upcoming release of Battlefront II??
    November 1st!!Oh, I think there's a DVD being released that day as well.... [face_thinking]

23. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome MetalGearJ!

Yes - apologies for the turbulence we're experiencing right now. We do have a great group of people here. Glad you dropped by and warm welcome!!

-Michelle/Wook

24. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Welcome Metal glad to see you, and go get them in biology

25. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Welcome, Metal!
    Glad you decided to drop by despite any stories The J's may have told you!

This is a good group!