main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    In case you have not noticed....my new Icon represents my new helmet I am working on! :D

2. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    ah okay, understand.

well we should try and do something that evening. or even before hand.
    its always good to know there are other fan groups in the city. I may try to make a meeting one of these days. I love star trek. Man I have to let skyra know she will love it!

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Very cool! But my question remains, what about our Scout Trooper buckets, Gecko?

----

So, Earl, tell us the story!

4. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    Well, to give you the Cliff Notes version, We wanted to cooperate with them to help improve their con and they basicly told us that they didn't want anything to do with us but they would still like us to be volunteers and would gladly take our money.

If you make it to one of our meetings John Roberts (Anasazi CO) will gladly share the letter they sent us if you ask him.

5. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome to our little corner of the galaxy Earl!

Always good to have some new faces around here...

Guess this will be our first foray into the Bubonicon world...will be interesting to see if that attitude has changed or not..

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    most interesting indeed. hum, i wonder what it will be like?

7. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    wait what? they're not letting us go to Bubonicon??

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    no they are letting us. They didn't want the Star trek group to be involved with the planning it sounds like.

9. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    Varza you got the gist of it.

I can't wait to meet some you at the meeting in a week. BTW, the Anasazi's meetings start at 7:00pm at the address I posted before. It would be neat to see some ov you there.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    you said its on 3rd fridays?

I won't be able to make it this time, maybe next month, wait can't do that either. maybein the fall.

11. abqscout

abqscout Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    Yes Varza we have a meeting on every 3rd Friday and one on every 2nd Thursday of every month. The start time is 7:00 pm. We would enjoy having new faces to share in the fun.

12. CKYJON

CKYJON Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2003
    Just saying hi, I just found this forum and am probably gonna be frequenting it now. To anyone from over at the IGN forums I'm Gamer4year12.

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Beinvenidos a la Mos Alba!

We're (mostly) a good bunch around here and we're glad your aboard. If you're interested, we'd love to meet you at one of our monthly meetings, third Sunday of each month at the Barnes and Noble in the cafe there on Ellison.

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask Wook or myself. We "friendly" neighborhood CRs are here to serve...

Wait, that's a little open-ended....

:p

14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome!! So your the masked man looking for Boba? Glad you stopped in for looksee....like BrotherHalo said...come by one of our meetings....you just missed Junes (last weekend) But we seem to be getting together alot more here lately ;)

Any questions....do not hesitate...ask away!!!

Jess

15. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Whoooo! more teenagers! LOL Glad to have ya here Jon, if ya have any questions don't hesitate to ask...oh and don't worry about being teased for being young...I fill tha position already... :(

16. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome Jon!

Glad to have more bodies out there hunting for Unleashed figs...hope your trip is productive!

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    very cool! a new member. fresh blood... hum, well you can always meet us for the Spidey opening day.

18. stephencool2

stephencool2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2004
    Hi, well after meeting some of the members at lobo comics I just wanted to post and say that I will likely attend the next meeting. I am a friend of CKYJON.

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Glad to have met you also! Looking forward to seeing you at the next meeting!

Jess - Bad Example For Teenagers (I am Not!!!!)

20. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    a little belated but whatever... welcome

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Whoops. Where are my manners?

Welcome, stephencool2! We've got a great bunch of people here and the rest of us look forward to meeting you at the meeting in a couple of weeks! I'd have met you this past weekend, but I had stepped away for a smidgeon to run errands...

If you need anything, let wook or I know. We'll do our best to not ignore ya! ;)

22. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome stephencool2!

Sorry, I didn't get you meet you on Sat...I was there kind of early and with an antsy 4 year old in tow. Hope to see you at the meeting on the 18th!!

23. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi All, I have been talking to Gecko_Fett, on line and just wanted to stop by and say hi to all of you over here in Albuguergue
    I am From San Diego, New to the Club, If anybody is going to be here for Comic-Con come say Hi!!!

Talk to you all later!!!

24. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Hi, I'm new and I've never been to a fan force meeting. I would like to but it has been hard to find one that meets near my area. My favorite thing about Star Wars? Lol must I pick just one? One of my favorite moments is in AOTC when Padme is shooting the gun and says "No I call this agressive negotiations."

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Greetings and salutations, Jedi_Master_Xiania!
    Are you here in Albuquerque? If so, we've got a meeting coming up this coming Sunday, at 2 pm on the west side Barnes and Noble! Don't be afraid to meet us there!

Welcome to the boards, if you need anything, wook and I are here to help!