Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. JediLuner Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_dancing]Hi All,
    Hey Mrs-Gecko-Fett ; I dont think i have talked to you yet,or at least not for a while , Did Gecko let you get any dibs on anything that came in the Mail from me from Comic-Con.

Well just saying hi to All

Allso Welcome ; Jerahl

I am from San Diego, but i hang out here and chat a little!!!

Talk to you all later!!![face_peace]
  2. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to our corner of the galaxy Jon!!!!

Definitely show up at our table at the Bubonicon this weekend (Wyndam Airport) so we can finally meet ya!

Just curious, how did you find out about us? We are always trying to recruit fans, and our "little" group here has grown quite a bit in the last months - so don't despair - there are definitely a bunch of SW geeks like us out there!!!!

Michelle (aka "Wook")
  3. Jerahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well I was just crusin TFN and I saw at the bottom of the page a small thing with FanForce meetings. Of course they were all not anywhere close to here but I check the FanForce home page and followed my way here.
  4. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry I have been remiss in welcoming all our new members, but I'm glad you're here. I hope some of you can make it to Bubonicon or to our next meeting.
  5. Son-Of-Suns Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess I can post here now because I'm attending college in Albuquerque. Since I lived in Socorro I didn't feel right posting in an Albuquerque board. :p

And like that...he's gone.
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Sweet! Hey, you shouldn't have felt bad about posting in the Albuquerque boards. We have a member that is attending Tech (possibly more than 1, now) that posted from there.

Glad to see you in Albuquerque! You should come visit us at Bubonicon next weekend! And of course, we hope you make it to one of our meetings.

If you need anything, let wook or I know! We've got a great crew here!

I use too many exclamation points!
  7. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Son-Of-Suns!
    Jess here! Join us at the Bubonocon this weekend for some outrageous shenanigan's!
  8. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    WHOOOOOOOO two NEW PEOPLE!!!!!!!! Man I leave for a week and we get two new people!
  9. Penbe_Moely Jedi Padawan

Hi! My name is Penny (Penbe Moely is my Star Wars name) and I go to New Mexico Tech. Since I live in Socorro going to meetings might be an issue, but oh well. You might remember me from Bubonicon as the short haired brunette with black glasses that drooled all over the table, and forgot her camera at home. Yes, I was completely devastated that by the time I went and bought one, the poor worn out stormtroopers left. I was also decently upset about not making it to the Mos Alba sponsored events (Rebel's Hideout, Fan Films) because I was sick.
    I would love to be geeky with you guys, in spirit if not in person. If I get my wish, we'll move to Albuqerque when we graduate in May (my husband and I) and we could go to the meetings more regularly. By the way, I think you guys are awesome, I felt instantly welcome when I started talking to the few members I met.
    Oh, I have a website, it's combining my love of fiber arts and Star Wars, it's Sith Knits!! http://deltafine.net/penny
    And to whomever donated Admiral Ackbar for sale at the convention, know that he has a good home next to my monitor, and he runs around the house yelling "It's a trap!" very often.
  10. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Hey Penbe! The Ackbar was my contribution and I'm glad he's being well cared for! :D

Actually, one thing I find funny is that Tech is becoming a second home to a few of our Mos Alba members! ;) I'm a Tech Alumni (graduated 97, 98 with a BS in Math and a BS in CS, respectively). SirLancelot attends Tech, and I think CKYJON said he was heading there this fall as well... What are you studying there? Luckily, Socorro's not TOO far from Albuquerque, so meetings might not be TOO far out of the question, but know that we will always keep everyone in the loop! Before you know it, 49ers will be here and if you might make it up during the long weekend. And it could be worse! You could be stuck down in Las Cruces with TK166 and Jaina313! [face_laugh]

Oh, sorry, might say something about myself. :) I wasn't at the table when you came by. I'm Brotherhalo, one half of the CR team for Mos Alba. If you need anything board-wise (or anything else for that matter) let me or wook know. We'll help you out if you can! Glad to have you a-"board"!
  11. JediMexx Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hello All!!!

My name is Roman (JediMexx)and I live here in Albuquerque on the NW side of town. I've been into Star Wars for as long as I can remember. I've been visiting theforce.net for a long time and just came across Mos Alba last week! I was pretty excited to see others here in Albuquerque who share the passion! I've just recently moved into a new house in Ventana Ranch and finally have a place to display my 12" figures. My brother in-law (who will also be joining sometime this week) and myself will be going to C3 despite being seniors at UNM and the possiblity of missing our final exams. I have 2 children which includes a 4 year old son who loves Star Wars as well! I'm currently in the process of having my jedi costume made by one of my uncles who lives in El Paso (yes I have several family members who are fans). I hope to meet all of you soon!

-JediMexx
  12. JediMexx Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Oops I forgot to mention that my interest include collecting the 12" dolls and other various collectables. I'm lucky enough to have a wife who can live with my obsession (see even recently bought me the FX Mace Windu lightsaber for my birthday).
  13. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    sweet more peeps welcome Penbe_Moely and JediMexx...

I had some thing witty to say but i forgot so, oh well

-lor
  14. CKYJON Jedi Knight

star 1
  15. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Sweet! Welcome aboard, JediMexx! I'm glad to see our ranks growing!

If you need anything at all, let wook or I know and we'll do our best to help you out. Likewise, everyone is really helpful with just about anything you ask, so you've joined a great group of people here!
  16. Jerahl Jedi Knight

star 2
    Welcome. More Starwars nerds. This is just getting better and better.
  17. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Penny and Roman!!!

Glad to see you here!!!

Jess
  18. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!! More people! *dances around* this is sooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!
  19. skyra Jedi Knight

star 3
    Welcome to our new members!! Glad you are here. Our ranks are growing! Yippee! Hope to see you guys at some of our meetings or our events.
  20. JediMexx Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks everyone! My brother in-law and myself will see you all at the next meeting.
  21. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    *pops head in to see what all the commotion is about*

Hey all!

Welcome Penbe_Moely & Jedimexx!!!!!

So we have another Techie & another Lobo *sigh* (just kidding) Sounds like we have quite the Socorro group now - maybe we can have Socorro & Cruces be official outposts now!!!

Looking forward to meeting you both (sorry I missed Penbe at the Bubonicon). Jedimexx- if you feel so inclined, your son is more than welcome to come to the meeting too..we have quite a few members with younglings and they all seem to have a good time.

Let us know if you have any questions and again welcome to our corner of the galaxy!!!!!!
  22. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome everyone!

I remember pen... she bought a bantha shirt as well!

jedimexx, your kid sounds about the right age as well as some of the other members children.
  23. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings!

My name is David(obi_dave_kenobi)and I was referred to Mos Alba by my brother in law, JediMexx. I have lived in ABQ since 1987. I have been a Star Wars fan since I was around 4 years old. I've been visiting theforce.net for years, but never looked in the FanForce. I was pretty excited when JediMexx told me there was a group in Albuquerque who admire Star Wars as much as we do. My brother in-law and I are both anxiously awaiting C3 and Revenge of the Sith. I have been collecting the Toys since 1994, when I got my first job. My childhood dreams came true earlier this year when my Uncle gave me a jedi outfit he had made, it is the key item in my collection, which is made up mostly of 12" figures. Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

David.
  24. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome David! Glad to see you here on the boards! Will you guys be joining us for the midnight release of the DVD?

Jess
  25. obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Geck_Fett its great to be on board, speaking for myself I am not sure if I will be able to attend the the midnight sale at hasting due to school and work but I will definately be there for the next barnes and nobles meeting to meet all of you. As for my Bro Jedi Mexx I think he will not be able to attend either due to same reasons, but I can guarantee we will be there at barnes and noble for the weekend. I myself am looking forward to it. So until then please feel free to keep in touch.

Obi_Dave
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby