main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq New Members Check in Here! Mos Alba Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by VoidDancer, Nov 1, 2003.

1. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Welcome to the new members! Boy, I can't believe how many more people are making their way here. This is great!

2. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    What up! New member here! My name's Addie and i'm a 16 year old avid female SW super nerd...as are most of us. My fave film of the saga is....can't choose! I love them all. This is so awesome! I didn't know there were regional forums much less "Mos Alba"....That name makes Albuquerque sound cooler than it is lol....ahh if only we could some how use a mind trick on the Gov. to legally change the name lol.
    well anyway....may the Force be with you all!

Ad

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Welcome, JediChick07! A newbie! We're glad to have you aboard! And just in time, too! We have a meeting coming up this Sunday that we'd love to see you at! Don't worry, though. We're not just a bunch of internet Star Wars geeks. We're real life Star Wars geeks!

You've just come upon a great bunch of people here who have a love of Star Wars that is unmatched. If you have any questions about anything, someone here is more than capable of helping out! Costumes? Collecting? Reading? Anything!

And if you need anything - forum wise - then let me or Wook know and we'll be glad to help you out!

4. JediChick07

JediChick07 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks, BrotherHalo! Nice to meet you! I'll be getting my license in November so I won't have to bother my mom to drive me anywhere. I'll probably be able to make it to Mos Alba get togethers or whatever.

I do have one costume question actually! I'm going around on Halloween night to watch some kids I babysit for while they trick-or-treat. I've searched far and wide for a female Jedi costume. Online, in stores, everywhere! They cannot be found. All that seems to come up are Anakin costumes for little boys and mens costumes. HELP ME!! Does anyone have any ideas for a really kick a** FEMALE jedi costume. The more original the better! I'm inspired by Bariss's look.

5. Jerahl

Jerahl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    Welcome to the group. And sorry but I don't have any advice for a female Jedi

6. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    The Rebel Legion is a good resource for jedi costumes, much more than the fan force, as the fan force isn't a costumed fan club.

Amber's Jedi meditation Chamber is a pretty good reference for generic jedi clothes noting Bariss specific

and finally the padawan's guide has some specific Luminara & Barris costume hints.

but pretty much you need a sewing machine or trick some one who has one to make your jedi costume it's the only way your going to get a good quality costume.

{Edit} I'm gonna' double post this in the costume thread please go there to talk about costumes...

-lor

7. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Welcome JediChick!!! Hope you can make it tomorrow (2pm Barnes & Noble - Westside)

Barriss is actually a pretty easy costume to put together..it was the first one I did when I had no clue as to what I was doing. The cloak is probably the most difficult - but you can probably find ready made cloaks easy enough this time of year. The rest is just a long black skirt and a long sleeve high-neck top. The makeup is what makes the costume - I almost went as far as to order purple contact lenses...anyway, let us know if you have any other questions - and looking forward to meeting you!!!

Michelle

8. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
  9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    hello,how are you?

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Not just how are you, ObeyTheFist, but who are you? Would you like to introduce yourself?

Me? I'm Brotherhalo, one half of the CR team for the Albuquerque Fan Force Chapter - Mos Alba.

I like long walks in the woods, lasagna, and a nice bottle of wine. My dislikes are short walks in traffic, uncooked rice, and Mojo Jojo.

:D

We're all fine here, how are you? 8-}

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I am fine. I won't take up space to introduce myself. I will over time. I can say I like star wars and Invader Zim. I am alive and well.

12. BelaLugosi

BelaLugosi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    Fellow citizens of the Land of Entrapment,

My name is Christov, I was directed here by the fine people at the 501st MG.

The "I am-s"...

I am 25. I'm a geek, a student at UNM (History, Psychology), a former soldier in the US Army (any other HOOAHs out there?). I am extensively tattooed (pain is but a fleeting thing). I have been in martial arts for the past 8 years, I shoot and I cross-train.

I have been HARDCORE on Star Wars for the last two decades. Well, ok... the ORIGINAL trillogy at least (no offense to the jar-jar fans).

I am new to costuming but I do have a Fett-in-Progress that will probably take the better part of the coming year to complete.

Lastly, I am looking forward to meeting you all at B&B to jarg intellectual about the galaxy far far away. (oooh and what about all of the historical symbolism in the series?... I could talk about that all week).

When is the next gathering?

Cheers!

13. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome Bela!!!

My name is Jess and I am glad to see you here! Our next gathering will be tommorow night! We are having a Halloween Party! If you would like to come and meet the gang...just ask here for directions! We have 2 people in the group whom are working on Fett costumes at the moment. Any questions....just ask! ;)

Oooh....and you eat blood too? (I am a former military collector too...)

14. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Glad to see you made it over here, CF! As Jess said, welcome!

First off, let me just say if you need anything, let me or Wook know.

Like I said over in the MG forums, we've got a great deal of costumers here and everyone is so helpful about working on things. Especially Jess. He's got so many projects going on, it's crazy! Lor is also a rabid costumer and is very helpful in a lot of things as well. The guy loves his authenticity!

You are more than welcome to join us at the Halloween potluck tomorrow night. Like Jess said, if you want to come, just ask for directions and we'll PM them to ya!

Glad to see you aboard and feel free to contribute!

-Bob

15. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    Yes, please shoot me a PM about the potluck. Knowing me, I've probably already made plans with the significant other and forgotten them. If this is not the case I will certainly be there, but if I'm a no-show, I'll be at the next monthly.

thanks
    -Christov

16. Jerahl

Feb 23, 2004
    Nice and welcome to the group. So are you apart of the 501st? If you are what costume do you have?

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    Welcome to the group!

Its an awesome group and they rock!

See ya next month-if I make it...

18. BelaLugosi

Oct 28, 2004
    Not in the 501st yet. Still working on my first costume. I've been in contact with them over the last week and they directed me here. ;)

19. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    hi,BL. This is Birrer from over at the MG boards.I'm glad to see you found your way over.

20. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Hello, I am Joseph been a Star Wars fan since the summer
    of 1977 and would like to join Mos Alba. I am a collector
    all around star wars geek.

21. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    Welcome Joseph, were did you hear about Mos Alba?

22. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Welcome Bloodclaw!
    I am glad to see you here! My name is Jess and like you, I have been a fan since 1977. I am a collector and I am also involved with 501st costuming. If you have any questions, all you have to do is ask!

Jess

23. Jerahl

Feb 23, 2004
    Hi! There are a lot of Star Wars geeks here so you're going to have a lot of fun! And were did you hear about the group?

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    sweet name! bloodclaw... cool! oh yeah and welcome!

25. MasterAkira

MasterAkira Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2004
    Yo, whats up? yep Im new here, I have been a star wars fan for a few years now since 1996 but I just really started getting into the past few years. I really like to read SW book Im just finishing up the Jedi Aprentice Series. Um... Im 18 and am looking foward to making and going in costume to ep III. Also I found out about u on a ad at Tall tale comics. um...Yeah so...Howdy!