main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA New Members Check in Here! Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is v.2.0 of the New Members thread. The Original version became "un-stuck" so I had to start a new one. You can find the original thread here:

New Members Thread v. 1.0

First of all... Congratulations! You have taken your first step into a larger world. ;)

Let me tell you a little bit about our group. We are the San Diego Fan Force. We have only been in existence as a club since May 8th of 2002, yet we have held many fun events in that short period of time. Membership in our club is free. We are currently looking to find sponsorships in the community. We generally have one meeting each month, and at least one event each month. We want everyone who wants to actively participate in our group, to be able to. Ocasionally we will hold an extra meeting if there is an event coming up that we need to plan for, such as the Comic Con.

Our past meetings and events have included: Dinner and a movie (Fan films and documentaries), having a mini Convention (Showing off our costumes, lightsabers, collectible items etc.), we have sponsored a "Space Night" at the National City Hometown Buffet, "trooped" the midnight madness event at Toys R Us, appeared on a local radio show and worked the San Diego premier of Episode II, organized Episode II line events, had a barbecue/picnic in Mission Bay, gone to Soup Plantation together, gone to Boomers (Formally "Family Fun Center") and played miniature golf, rode go-carts and played video games. Last year we had a table at the San Diego Comic Con, and plan on doing the same this year. We also had a table at "Conjecture", have had a "Game Day", worked the IMAX opening at the Desert Imax theatre in Palm Springs, worked the Gateway JediKnights II event, and gone to LegoLand in costume. We also frequently can be seen playing Laser tag at Ultrazone laser tag.

If there is anything you would like to know about the club that I didn't cover above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Again WELCOME!

2. Cloudstrife88

Cloudstrife88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    w00t first person on V 2.0 ;)

Welp, my name is Cody, im 15, and live in Cardiff (North County, right by the beach).

I learned to love SW from my dad, and really got involved with it when he took me to the midnight showing of Episode 1. Been a fan ever since....

I attended comic con last year, on SW day, but since of the tight schedule, wasnt able to make it to your booth. Will put it on my list for next :)

I like CG and video editing(need any help with a fan film, im here) and playing online games, I played Everquest for 3 years, SWG for...a month then got bored, and I currently play Counterstrike.

I also like rollercoasters (huge fan of Magic Mountain/Knotts/Disney Land Resort). Next time a coaster opens in the so cal area, look for me on tv :)

I attend La Costa Canyobn HS, and im a Sophmore. Get my license in about six months, so im sure ill be able to meet up with you guys more come then.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome Cody! Well our group is going to Magic Mountain next month (Discounted Tickets), and going to Disneyland in December, so hopefully you can join us! :D

4. DuoDemon

DuoDemon Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Hi all, new guy here.

My name's Steve and I'm almost 17 (no car, so I'm still kinda tied down to the house :( ). I moved here (PQ, to be exact) a year ago today, and I just found out about the club about a week ago from Foxbat. I've been a SW fan since I was about 6, when my friend introduced me to it. I've been a big fan, ever since. I hope I can participate in some of the events and get to know you all, my fellow San Diegan Star Wars fans, better.

5. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey Steve, thanks for introducing yourself to us! You definitely have to come to the Killer Pizza from Mars event on Sunday!

6. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Welcome to all the new members.

Cody, sorry I'm late. Sounds like you've got some skills that might come in handy someday here.

Steve, Donny/Foxbatkllr endorses you, so that's good enough for me.

Hope you guys have a great time here.

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome to the club DuoDemon ( can I call you Double D or DD?) ;) Donny has told me a little about you. We hope you can make it to the Killer Pizza event. If you need a ride up there, I'm sure one of our members can help you out. I'll be bringing a club T-shirt for you to the Killer Pizza event. I'll also be in costume that day as it is a charity event for the Fire victims. :D See you soon!

Linda :)

8. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Welcome Cody and Steve!

Feel free to jump into the message boards and start posting. It's the best way to get to know people - or at least their screen names. ;)

Come out and "hang" with us at Killer Pizza on Sunday.

9. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    Hey, everyone. I?m Michelle; a long time lurker of the Dented Helmet boards and recently reminded about this fanforce by Foxbatkllr. I saw your guy?s table at Comic Con and it beats me as to I why I didn?t remember about this group.

For those of you who were at the Radisson party last night, I was the one in the custom black, red, and white Mandalorian armor.

A little info on me - I'm currently a student that the Art Institute of San Diego, working towards a bachelors degree in media arts & animation and a career in storyboarding and illustration. I?m a diehard fan of the Mandalorians ? especially Jango ? but I?m sure that was easily enough guessed by my choice of costume. ;)

10. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey Michelle!! Glad you could join us! My name is Donny, btw. Sorry I didn't get to properly introduce myself and the rest of the club members last night, but it was a little too loud to hear anything, lol. Hopefully you will join us soon for a meeting. Tomorrow we have a pizza party from 1-5. Monday we have a Matrix movie marathon. Thursday is a book signing with NJO author James Luceno and next weekend is our trip to the desert where Jabba's Sail Barge scene was filmed. The pizza party, book signing, and desert trip are all costumed events.

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Welcome, Michelle. Congrats on your prize win at the party; good thing our club was there to at least recognize someone in a great costume! :D

12. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    Hi, Michelle. It's MMM from TDH, but they call me Armand around here.
    I'm the one, that if they haven't yet, you'll be warned about soon enough. Hope you have fun here, it's a really great bunch of lunatics.

**edit** BTW, I'm also the only non-officer or VIP in the bunch. True to the Mandalorian/Independant Bounty Hunter credo. ;) It's a tribe of chiefs. LOL

13. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome Michelle! Your Mandalorian costume is awesome, and I never knew a Mandalorian could dance like that. Some drunk lady kept coming up to me last night and asking if I could do the "Robot". [face_laugh] Last night was also the only time I was grateful that I couldn't hear a thing in my helmet. ;) Are your ears still ringing?

14. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Hi Resilient! welcome to the crew!

15. Resilient

Resilient Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2003
    Heh, I called it flailing to the beat. I had no idea what to do out there. [face_laugh] Bring friends to parties and they can eventually goad you into doing things like that. And I second that, not being able to hear as well with the bucket on was a plus that night; just as the visor cutting down some of the glare of the spotlights that periodically whirled about the room and into one's eyes was.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I may be able to make it to the pizza party today seeing as I usually head up to that part of the county on the weekends and it's on my way. That and I could really go for some pizza. But it all depends on how much of my art work load I get finished if I can make it or not.

16. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    BTW, I'm also the only non-officer or VIP in the bunch. True to the Mandalorian/Independant Bounty Hunter credo. It's a tribe of chiefs. LOL

Quick! Make Armand an officer! I nominate him for "Chief Instigator". ;)

17. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    I won't settle for anything less than Field Marshall of Instigation, thank you.

And I'll want a special hat to go along with the office. With LOTS of gold braid....and maybe some blinking lights and a propeller.

18. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    We can arrange that. You could use a good hat.

19. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Welcome all! Michelle, I saw you briefly at the Radisson, thought you were one of Donny's friends! :) Well I guess now you are! Art Institute, hm? I may need to refer my brother to you, he's a senior in high school and thinking about going there after he graduates.

This month is chock full of activities, so hopefully I'll get to meet you all at some of them! I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you!

And yes, Armand ... it's time for a new hat. :) Possibly a mohawked mandalore helmet?

20. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Finally getting a moment to sit down so I can say welcome to everyone who's just joined us!

I'm Katrina, you can't miss me when I'm there, I'm the one with an almost 3 year old and a 7 month pregant budah-belly at the moment. I haven't been at a lot of the recent events but I'll be at a couple of upcoming ones. My husband Jon is also part of the group, he doesn't do any of the postings though..he makes me do it.

We're a busy, friendly little bunch who only bite if asked to 8-}

We've got a ton of stuff coming up in the next couple of months to keep everyone busy so hopefully I'll get to meet you all soon.

And...yes, Armand needs a new hat :D

21. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    I like Armand's suggestion: gold braid and a propeller. ;)

22. Arma_Geda-Mandalore

Mar 5, 2003
    A Field Marshall also requires a plume....an ostrich plume.......yeah, definitely, gotta have an ostrich plume.

You all should be so lucky. Jealous.

23. MasterDecon

MasterDecon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2003
    Hi all, I meet some of you at the last meeting! Had lot of fun meeting everybody.

About me: I'm in the navy for the last 9 years and going for the gusto! ( my the force be with me ). been SW fan since about ESB. Have huge SW comic book colletion and action figuers, ahhhhh I just go crazy over SW toys. (don't have room for it all). and very new to the forums. Hope to see you all at the x-mass party and toy 4 tots.

and thank you gray jedi for the help with my jedi outfit!!!

24. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Welcome MasterDecon!
    Glad you've made it to the boards :)

25. Storm_Granger

Storm_Granger Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2003
    hey everyone i am not new but i did not want to start a new thread just so i could say hi to everyone, so i thought that this might be the best place to do it so.....HI!!!! ok i am done :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.