main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA New Members Check in Here! Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Normally we don't do stuff up in Riverside and San Bernadino counties. :( The closest events we have to there would be in Escondido. Too bad Inland Empire's fanforce isn't doing much.

But at any rate, you're always welcome to come chill with us! :D

2. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    oh ok i missed something
    we have a new member
    so WELCOME

3. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    Hello everyone,

I wanted to just post a hello to you guys. I am a friend of Tom (The_Sith_Hunter).

I am from Edmonton, Alberta. I really wish I was where you guys live right now... its pretty cold here and will get colder soon :(

Well Happy Holidays and all that jazz.

4. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hi Erin, I know you from the 501st board. Welcome!

5. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Welcome!

I have friends from another board who live in Canada (Alberta and Ontario) and they also reported it's very cold up there.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  7. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    Greetings Ms. Ventress. I'm glad to see you posted in my neck of the woods. I bet it's getting chilly there. I get cold here at night; actually wakes me up. Hope to see you here more... :cool:

8. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    thank you for the warm welcomes :)

I am sure I will be hanging here lots... just looking at your forum banner makes me feel warm.

9. TI-525

TI-525 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 2005
    hi and welcome to the forum

10. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I think a picture of any place without snow would seem warm to you right about now!! ;)

11. PIXELPUNK10010

PIXELPUNK10010 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2006
    Hey Everyone,

My name is Steve and technically I belong in the OC fan force, but I grew up a San Diego kid and still spend plenty of time down there. I figured it would be good to be a part of your crew when I have the chance.

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome Steve! You are welcome to join us anytime. In fact, the OC Fanforce and the San Diego Fanforce will be planning a joint laser tag game, or something similar, in the near future.

13. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I think we settled on Boomers for the multi-club event. But we can discuss other option.

Welcome Steve, I recognize your screen name from Sunrider Base.

The SDSWS loves it when our OC brethren post here. :D

14. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Welcome Steve! :D

15. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    They do? YAY! :D
    (oh no, I sound like my Furby! lol) :p

16. starcrossedloddy

starcrossedloddy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    heya!
    my name is loddy and i currently live in san digeo
    i have no friends that love star wars as much as i do[face_not_talking]
    and i hate it!(haha)
    every star wars fan needs to talk star wars with someone right?;)
    so here i am.
    i am originally from philly pa and have been a fan since childhood. im 26 yrs old.

i was wondering if anybody knows how many decks of cards come with star wars trivial pursuit saga dvd edition[face_thinking]

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Welcome Loddy! I saw that you registed on the SDSWS board too. You just missed our January meeting, but the February meeting should be announced shortly.

As far as the Trivial Pursuit DVD, I'll ask my daughter Leia about it. She was one of the lucky people who auditioned at Comic Con and were selected to appear on the DVD. She should know the answer to your question.

I hope to see you at one of our upcoming meetings or events!

Linda :)

18. starcrossedloddy

Sep 10, 2005
    i knew about your meeting i tryed to register the night before your meeting so that i could attend but then i got an e-mail saying i had to wait for a reply to tell me i was registered or something like that. but i never got the email. so i figured i wouldnt be allowed to go.:_| i was pretty bummed
    were there alot of people there?

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    To be a member, all you need to do is post on the board or show up. You should have just come to the meeting, we had quite a few new members, and two members we haven't seen in a while show up. We had over 50 people there, which is usual these days, but we have many more members. If you ever have a question about something, you can always contact the CR on this forum (click on the link in the forum header), or one of the club officers who are listed on the http://www.SanDiegoStarWars.com website on the main page.

Some of us are going to LA on Sunday for Star Wars day at Anime LA. Don't ask me why an Anime convention is having a Star Wars day, but they are. They are having a Jedi Robe and lightsaber building workshops too. February 25th is another event at Mysterious Galaxy if you are into the EU at all. You can meet Star Wars author Timothy Zhan. Our February meeting will most likely be before that event though. Most likely in March we will have another expedition to the location where Jabba's sail barge scene was filmed, and we'll search for more pieces from the set. I think I'll wear my Indiana Jones hat on our next trip out there to get into the mood a little more. LOL.

PS You are registered on the SDSWS forums now. The direct link to the forums is:

http://www.sandiegostarwars.com/forums/

20. starcrossedloddy

Sep 10, 2005
    actually tomorrow im going up to burbank for this celebrties convention. wedge grevious and lando are going to be there and im taking the action figures from my collection up there to get autographed.problem is ive got people to baby sit my kids for that event and now im really bummed cause i didnt know about sundays event and now i dont think i can get anyone to baby sit.

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Wow, I didn't hear about the other event. Can you post a thread with info on the other event? Some people might want to go to that too and make a weekend of it. I've not met Dennis Lawson yet, but I've met Billy Dee Williams and Mathew Wood, both of them last year in May. How many kids do you have?

22. starcrossedloddy

Sep 10, 2005
    i have two
    aaliyah 3
    and isaiah 9 months
    they are both part of the dark side and constantly try to turn me(haha)[face_laugh]
    just kidding
    where should i post it
    sorry im not too knowledgable with forums

23. starcrossedloddy

Sep 10, 2005
    or where do i go to create that thread

24. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I found the website, that looks like a cool convention: http://www.hollywoodcollectorshow.com/Burbank.htm Looks like Erin Gray and a lot of other celebs will be there. I didn't see that Dennis Lawson was going to be there, but Mike Quinn, Nien Numb is going to be there.

To post a new thread, right above the word "subject" on the left hand side you will find a link called "Post new thread." Then you type in a title of the thread, then in the body of the thread put all the information you want to post. You can put the above link to the thread in the post. So you are just going up for one day? I don't blame you, your kids are still young. My "baby" is 11 already, and my oldest starts college this year.

25. starcrossedloddy

Sep 10, 2005
    would you be able to put me intouch with anybody that may want to go
    it would be great to meet some people up there
    and i may be able to rearrage some of my babysitting plans to be able to go sunday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.