main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members Check In Here! Ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    New Members Thread Ver. 2.0 (To see Ver. 1.0 Click Here )

Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Mojave Desert Area Fanforce forum. The Mojave Desert area emcompasses Victor Valley, Adelanto, and the Barstow area as well. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. And to help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests:
    {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Let me start off: My name is Linda, and I am the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. The Pacific Region encompasses California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. I am 38 and the mother of three children, Leia is 15, Lauren is 11, and Collin is 9. I Collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have both Jedi Robes and a Royal Guard Costume. I also have a stormtrooper costume, Boba Fett costume, and X-Wing Pilot Costume. Other than Star Wars I am interested in Nelson DeMille Novels, Computers, traveling, and flying planes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since opening day back in May of 1977 at the age of 11. Your turn!

2. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Thanks agian Mara_Jade_Fan, alright, come on in everyone! We're glad to meet you! :D

3. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  4. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    A link to the old one would be fine. New members post in here. If you want to see the older members check out this closedlink.

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Here is my info from the last thread, re-done to fit in my newer jobs and decriptions since changed. :D

[i][b]Name:[/b][/i] Alexander Rico
    [i][b]Age:[/b][/i] 17 1/2
    [i][b]Location:[/b][/i] Apple Valley, CA
    [i][b]SW Related Interests:[/b][/i] [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10328][b]R[/b]ole [b]P[/b]laying [b]F[/b]orum[/link], [link=http://boards.theforce.net/default.asp?cat=1005][b]Fan Fiction[/b][/link], and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10004]Collecting[/link] Star Wars Memorabilia.
    [b][i]JC/FF Positions: [/b][/i] I am the Meetings and Event Coordinator, Region Liasion, and the WNU Newbie Adoptions Coordinator. [face_wink]
    [b][i]Non-SW Related Interests:[/b][/i] I like to Read, Write Short stories or novels in my spare time. I am also a Christian and work under my church as a volunteer Teacher, teaching 1st and 2nd graders about the Lord, I also help as a Decesion Counsoler which helps those whom come forward at alter calls to make that walk of faith [face_wink] . I am a fan of movies and love to make short films with my friends in my spare time.
    [b][i]How did you get started on SW:[/b][/i] Hello, I am Alex and I have been a Star Wars Fan since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I fell in love with the series after seeing the original Trilogy. And since then my love for the movies expanded since its return to the big screen in Episodes 1-2.

6. DanakinSkywalker

DanakinSkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2003
  7. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Name: Jay
    SW Related Interests: Lightsabers
    Non-SW Related Interests: Interested in becoming a CR for either Vancouver,Houston,or the Great Mojave Desert.Playing pro football or Baseball.Dating(Jedi-Stormy)

How did you get started on SW:When I was 7.I wasn't a huge fan until I got to know more.7 1/2

8. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  9. dj-anakin

dj-anakin Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2003
    i'm not a member, but i live in ridgecrest. anyone else here? i will most likely forget this is even here, even tho i don't want too. i am a member on too many boards. :)

so ya, i'm in ridgecrest, i'm 27, divorced, and work on china lake naval air warfare center.

oh.. and i like star wars.. hehe

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Welcome dj-anakin, please make yourself at home herein our forum. Check things out, and move here to join. 8-}

I'm sorry [b]padawanskywalker[/b], what he states is true, you need to live within the area to run for a [i][color=blue]CR[/i][/color] position. [face_wink] And besides we already have one. [face_grin]

Also, you can register as a guest herein this forum, but not a member. As you do not live within our region. I'd suggest you move here to join. [face_wink]

11. padawanskywalker

padawanskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    I have been in Vancouver for 2 months,orders

12. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  13. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    thats true DanakinSkywalker, yet lets try and be nice about it. As he is a guest in our area. And as so, still has the rights to post herein our forum. Yet cannot run for any official title or status.

14. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  15. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Thought I would take a look at this place, I like the films from the fans. There really good. llsw

16. TheOmen

TheOmen Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2003
    They are good. Are you from the Mojave Desert, or close to?

17. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  18. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay.

19. DarthReam

DarthReam Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Yeah I'm from the Mojave desert. I have been looking for sites like this for a little while now. But I have found that well alot of sw fans are are well...aaa Lets not get into it right now. But here you guys look like you have things together. Your "doing something " and that's cool. I like what i've seen so far but I'm still looking. So i'll check it all out and tell you what I think in a day of two, if that is okay.

I like the banner, dose the fan force make them or do you guys?

20. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  21. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Welcome DarthReam, its great to have you aboard. If you have any questions pertaining to the Jedi Council Forums as a whole, never be intimadated to ask me. You can do so many a methods. All listed within my user Bio ;) .

However, if I am not on when you are, you can contact me via PM {Private Message} and i'll be sure to reply back as soon as I can.

Oh, and one more thing. If you need any help around these boards, and wish to be lead/ guided. The program I am currently running is a great way to get out and learn more of the boards, well yet also making friends. You can find it here ;) . The dirrections on how to join are also listed, hope to see you there! :)

22. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
  23. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yep, but still, thats what I am here for! ;)

24. Psyche_Sans_Eros

Psyche_Sans_Eros Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2003
    Name: Amanda, or Mandi, or whatever is easy..
    SW Related Interests: Movies/Casual fan
    Non-SW Related Interests: Anime, DDR, country music (be nice, I know it's pathetic but still...), writing, reading, bloggin', and that's about it.
    How did you get started on SW: Interest in movies and Ewan McGregor ;) Plus it gives me more in common with some friends.

25. DanakinSkywalker

Aug 25, 2003
    Welcome, Amanda. I know you'll enjoy your stay here. Just out of curiousity, how did you find out about us?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.