main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members Check in Here!

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Bakersfield CA Fanforce forum. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

Let me start off: My name is Linda, I live in San Diego, and I am the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) for the Pacific Region of FanForce. The Pacific Region encompasses California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Alaska, and Hawaii. I am 38 and the mother of three children, Leia is 15, Lauren is 12, and Collin is 9. I collect anything and everything with the name Star Wars on it, pictures of my collection can be seen in my Bio. I have also read each and every Star Wars adult novel, and some of the comic books. I also have built/converted a few lightsabers, and currently have both Jedi Robes, a Royal Guard Costume, and two sets of stormtrooper armor. I am also currently working on a Boba Fett costume and X-Wing pilot costume. After that I'll be doing an Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, and Mara Jade of course. Other than Star Wars I am interested in Nelson DeMille Novels, Computers, traveling, and flying planes. I have been a fan of Star Wars since opening day back in May of 1977 at the age of 11.

Your turn!

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hola.
    J here. I'm 23 and live in Porterville (bout 45 minutes away if you didn't know). As for SW related interests, it mostly just includes the movies. Attack of the Clones is my favorite so far with Return of the Jedi coming in at second. I like both OT and PT equally :)
    As for unrelated SW interests, I'm into acting and am about to start agent hunting very shortly here. I also enjoy writing (screenplays mostly) and sketching (just as a hobby though).
    I never actually got 'in' to SW. I was born in 1980 and SW was just always there, so I"ve always loved it. It was a big par of my childhood.
    I was reintroduced to it through the Super Nintendo and the game Super Star Wars :p From there, my iterests in the movies climbed again. Around that time, Heir to the Empire came out and I hopped into the EU (though there wasn't officially an EU at the time). I've since got out of the EU however.
    And, well. I guess that's it :p

3. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm moving to Bakersfield in a couple weeks, so I thought I'd stop in and say hello. I've been active with the Minnesota Force for well over a year and am currently pegged as a deserter. :p But I hope to meet some SW fans out in California once I get settled. :)

4. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well I'm currently working on getting friends to join up so we can have an official one ;)
    But things are kinda hectic what with college starting.
    I figure if we could just work on people posting at least once per day as a start, we'll get the ball rolling. Then we'll work on twice a day and so on.

5. tvgrluvsw

tvgrluvsw Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2003
    my name is debbie, i just turned 30 today. i have been a fan of SW since i was 4, in 1977. my parents took me to see it. im currently working on my jedi costume and looking for other costume ideas. i attended film classes at UCLA and worked briefly in film and tv. i love writing, i m currently writing two screenplays and look forward to making a star wars fan film in the future. im interested in the bakersfield fan chapter, to meet other SW fans. My husband listens to all my SW stuff but hes not as big of fan. Im currently going to appraisal school and hanging out with my husband and dog. Should i make her a costume, perhanps count dogku?

6. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    I have a Jedi costume and have a Scout Trooper and X-Wing pilot in construction. I loooove costuming and would be willing to help with any costume projects.

Count Dogku could be cute! Heehee!

7. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    i will need all the help with costumes, since i cant sew at all. for my jedi costume i traded work, i can draw, for people's sewing abilities.

8. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    what about a Queen Amidogla costume? for my dog.heeeheee

9. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Well I can't draw a stick person for the life of me, so I think we could make a good team!

What about Obi-Dog Kenobi?

10. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    YODGA?

MY FRIEND HAS A DOG , LITTLE HAIRY POOFY THING, WE WANT TO DRESS HIM UP LIKE AN EWOK

HEEEHEEEE

11. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    So I'll answer the actual questions...

Name: Rosemary
    Location: Currently I'm in Minneapolis, MN. Starting September 15th I'll be in Bakersfield.
    SW Related Interests: I collect the action figures and anything else that features Obi-Wan Kenobi (favorite character). I'm also a member of the Rebel Legion. Up until my announced departure from Minnesota I was the Co-CR of the Minnesota Force.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I have more than I know what to do with! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, sci-fi/fantasy in general, costuming/cosplay, comic books, and the list goes on and on and on..
    How did you get started on SW: It wasn't until I saw Star Wars on the big screen with the release on the Special Editions that I went crazy with the whole Star Wars thing. That's when I started buying the action figures and everything. And it went even more nuts when Episode I came out. (No dissin' EpI around me, I love it! :D)

12. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    so ribi , lets start a fan club when you move here

13. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I just got my friend interested (Lord_Shaggy). We could soon have enough for an actual FF :)

14. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    way to go, i was thinking we should put a flyer at the comic book store? what do you think?

15. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Hey, speaking of comic book stores.. how would you rate the stores in Bakersfield? I'm moving away from the best comic shop in the country (seriously, they've won the Eisner award for the honor) so I'm a bit paranoid about getting the books I read (mostly just Ninja Turtles, but I hear of a lot of people having trouble finding it).

16. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    in a word (crappy) but i dont know, really there are only 3 , one is more of a headshop than comic store, one is comics only but when i went in there it was a mess, the other is ok, it has comics, starwars stuff, they play those card games there. but nothing like where your from probably

17. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    well, we technically have enough to start a FF as soon as Rib get's here :)
    We only need three :)
    As far as comic book stores go, you'll be hard pressed to find really good ones in the vicinity. However, you should still be able to order online. Fresno might have one, but you'll have to ask those guys. Plus, the drive from Bako to Fres would be about... 2 hours maybe? (about 45 from Bako to Porterville, about an hour from Porter to Fres). So when you go, go to buy in bulk :p

18. Lord_Shaggy

Lord_Shaggy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Hola,

The afore mentioned lord shaggy. Mighties of the scared dog type.

I be named Tim.
    I be 20 years of age of sorts.
    I be based in the same vicinity as Wascall_Droid, but smell far better than he.
    I be into SW due to him. I watched the movies as a kiddy, but in high school, where I became associated with the unloved droid he got me hooked.
    Since the PT came out I've become a veritable nut watching one of the films at least once a day. (Sick aint it?)

Non SW related- I act, direct, and am a board member for our local theater.

So that's me, goofy and all. :)

19. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I would like to take time to appologize for bring this man into your presence. But we needed members -_-

20. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    yeh, do we have an official fan club now? where are the tshirts and bad coffee? heehee

21. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    We only need three announced meetings before being official. :)

22. tvgrluvsw

May 1, 2003
    what do you annouced meetings? its all new to me.

23. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    To announce meetings we need to plan a meeting and three or more people have to show up to it.
    Pretty simple really. But we should probably wait till Ribb get's here because Lord Shaggy is pretty busy with his new job and directing obligations, so we'd need her here anyway just to make it three.
    And basically all we need to do is meet three times.

24. Lord_Shaggy

Lord_Shaggy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2002
    Well, so long as the meeting is Monday or Tuesday I should be able to make it. Depending upon my obsession with chasing ducks in the park on Mondays.

25. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well if it be Mon or Tues, you're going to have to provide the transportation as the blazer would be needed at the house all day until we get the car liscensed which will be never.
    And we know Dan, Ney, and Steve can't do it as they have class. Lousy overacheivers... Well, Ney and Steve anyhow.
    How's Munch's back? We could always ride her ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.