main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN *** New Members: Check in here ***

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Welcome all newbies old and new!!

This thread is created to allow all new users to the Nashville area a place to convene and report in.

As you all know, this is the year of Revenge of the Sith, and on behalf of the Nashville After Darth FanForce we'd like to welcome you all to our official chapter on TFN. There are lots of things going on here so be sure to check back often to see what you've missed.

We usually get together every month on an informal basis to dine out, see a movie, ride go-carts, etc., or even to just have movie marathons at a member's house! It's all for fun in the name of Star Wars!

SO, kick off your shoes (because you are in the south ya know) and let it all hang out here in the newbie thread. Feel free to chat it up or ask questions regarding our club. ;)

Our official site is located here - Nashville Force.Com. It normally contains our memberhsip info, mission statement, as well as information regarding our meetings.

2. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    New & prospective NAD members need to join both the NAD website, as well as the THEFORCE.NET JEDI COUNCIL Discussion Forums so you can join our discussions on these boards. This is our MAIN method for discussing all things STAR WARS including the upcoming LINE-PARTY FOR EPISODE III. Just click the register link up above and hopefully you'll receive the password in a timely manner. Let our City Rep, DVDMASTER know if you can't get a response after a few days.

3. VadersUnknownSon

VadersUnknownSon Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2005
    Hey , I was told to come over here and introduce myself so here I am.... Anyways , I'm 26 years old, live in Nashville, work at a bank all day and then go work retail some nights, when I really wanna spice up the nightlife.... I'm newly divorced and I find wearing my Stormtrooper jacket out in public makes women flock to me as if my name was Lando.... I have three kids and we have a Star Wars Costume Party every other Friday.... I'm usually Darth Vader, by the way the New Voice Changing Mask totally rocks, I suggest picking up one for any collector, my two daughters fight over who's going to be Leia and My Son wants to be Luke all the time.
    I collect Star Wars toys and books, I suggest people check out the Great Escape for good buys, although I'm sure many of you go there already. I collect comic books ( DareDevil, EC, Captain America and Batman ) and I play Video Games and watch tons of movies for my entertainment.
    I also write movie scripts. I have about 5 under my belt.... I've only made one, the other four are in what i call ' pre-production ' which really means they are sitting on my shelf collecting dust. My movies are dark comedy and horror related. Anyways if you're still awake you're a sucker for punishment. Thanks for the warm welcome I recieved here so far and I look forward to many Star Wars discussions withought being called a ' nerd ', ' geek ' or ' loser '

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I look forward to many Star Wars discussions withought being called a ' nerd ', ' geek ' or ' loser '

We made no such guarantee. ;) Welcome to the nerds!

5. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    After trying in vain for more than a month to get the NAD website to add new members to the roster, it finally let me do it today. Please welcome:

Chase Gustafson NashvilleClone
    Chris Kramer solopirate
    Adam Pitman Alowicious_ReX

Check your membership page to ensure the accuracy of your info as it was submitted to the registration area. Also, if you haven't done so already, make sure to register your username with TF.N as instructed in the posts above. Post here when you've got your account set up. Welcome and May the Force Be With Y'all.

6. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Hey Zach! I'm trying to put my freakin picture on my profile and it won't let me. Keeps saying "the page you are trying to reach cannot be found" when i push submit. Wassup with that?

7. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    We've had problems with the pictures for almost a year now. I know I'd love to change my picture that's currently on the profile. I think Matt knew what the problem is, but Jedi Toren has been AWOL for a LOOOOOONG time. Perhaps we can get Ryan to investigate the problem. I'll bring it up with him soon.

8. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Looks like the pictures are being entered incorrectly. I'll send you the old "how-to" e-mail that I got from Matt ages ago.

Apparently there was a Matt sighting at Watkins last Monday...

9. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Wow! Matt sightings are less frequent than BigFoot sightings.

10. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    *shoos away everyone* go on, this thread is for the newbies.....move along!

11. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Where art thou Newbies??

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    I've posted photos for several of our members including:
    DVDMaster
    Loki
    LadyLoki
    Tambo
    Chris Wiliford

If you have a better photo or one you prefer just email it to me. Mike told me how to change them so I'm ready to go at it. It's preferable for the picture to be 270x200 pixels. Otherwise you get some distortions as you'll see on some member pics.

13. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Thank you Zach.

14. Vader_Apprentice

Vader_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    Newbie here. Well new to this community. Can't wait to get involved.

15. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Welcome! :D

16. LightofEarendir

LightofEarendir Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    *checks in* Hey, everyone.

17. Aztecwizard

Aztecwizard Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2002
    Hello Everyone,

Aztecwizard here. I guess since I have been lost in the Outer Rim for sometime now - I would assume I am a "Old" Newbie.

Not much has changed in the last couple of years, but I am totally excited about "Revenge of the Sith" and Celebration III. I even have a friend from Dallas flying in for the GL Celebration!!

I have been reading a few boards tonight. It seems that Celebration is going to be completely insane! [face_worried] I'm not even there yet and my failure is complete.

Believe it on not, I did not buy my badge soon enough - so I will have to go to...to...WILL CALL!! ARRGGG! :_|

Aztecwizard

18. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Lightofearendir's profile has officially been added to the Members section, complete with pic.

19. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Hey everyone, I've been more of a reader than poster on the Nashville boards for a long time (not really sure why...) whereas I've been on the Jedi Council Boards for about 4 years. Another "old newbie" I guess.

I'm from Cookeville, TN (about an hour east of Nashville). Born and raised here and still living at home. I am attending Tennessee Tech and entering my junior year this fall (though still a sophomore technically) and I'm studying business with a probable focus on Management Information Systems. I hope to leave Cookeville within the next year to finish my degree at MTSU and then possibly attend film school. I also have a strong desire to study abroad in England sometime before graduating...

(Bio from my application, heh...) Anyway, glad to meet everyone!

20. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Cool, another MTSU guy...welcome!

21. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Heh, well not yet. Soon though...

22. DarthMaxximum

DarthMaxximum Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Hello all. Glad to be here. I live in Cumberland Furnace, TN (Dickson County) and have been a fan since the beginning. Attended CII and will be @ CIII on Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to a great time with all the fellow fans (and the lady fans as well! hahaha)

23. miTunes75

miTunes75 Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    Hey all:

I'm a 29 year old newbie up here in Goodlettsville, TN. I have always liked the star wars films but have not become die hard till a couple of weeks ago. I don't know why it took so long, or what it took to get me there, but her I am nonetheless.

My wife can't stand star wars, but that's ok; her loss.

I have already purchased my ROTS movie tickets...very excited about that one.

Well, thanks for listening :)

24. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome, DarthMaxximum and miTunes75! I'd also like to extend a welcome to darth_furiate who was just added to the member roster. We hope you will all be coming out to a NAD event in the near future so we can meet you in person!

25. Skywalker2584

Skywalker2584 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2004
    I forgot to sign in here a while back. My name is Joseph Powell. I'm 22 I live in Chapel Hill, TN. I work at the Cool Springs TRU. I was at the Throughbred AOTC premiere 3 years ago, still have my advance ticket in the NAD pamphlet. I Have been into Star Wars for a long time. I collect some toys though my focus is mostly Anakin/Vader and the characters around them. I read the EU books. I'm also into costuming.I've already met some of you at the midnight madness release for the merchandise at TRU and look forward to meeting more of you at the premiere. This looks like the start of something fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.