main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the Charlotte "Separatists" Fanforce forum. The CFF encompasses the areas of Charlotte/Mecklenberg Counties/Gaston Counties and others. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    Birthday:
    Location:(City where you live, if you don't care to disclose this it is ok)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests: {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

"Old" members can do this too ;)

I'll start!

Name: Jada or Hope . . . I answer to both!
    Birthday: November 12, 1965
    SW Related Interests: Reading, Costuming, Board Games
    Non-SW Related Interests: Cooking, Sewing, Hockey, Animals
    How did you get started on SW: I've been a slave to SW since 1977!

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Name: Luis
    Birthday: February 9th, 1970
    SW Related Interests: Expanded Universe Novels, Comic Books, Collecting Unleashed Figures & Posters, Costuming (just getting started) and board games.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Watching hockey, football, Family Guy, CSI and The Food Network. Baking, I make a pretty good cheese cake. Playing with my animals.
    How did you get started on SW: I've been hooked from the minute I saw Vader enter the Tantive IV's corridor in Star Wars, way back in 1977. I was 7 years old back then and I think I saw SW 7 or 8 times in the theater that summer, I could not get enough of it.

3. JEDIMASTERBELLEW

JEDIMASTERBELLEW Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2006
    Name:Garren
    Birthday:AUG 6 1988
    SW Related Interests:WELL I SATARED TO LIKE SW ONE I RELISED THAT IT WAS COOL IN 1997 I WISH THERE WAS MORE CONVETION
    Non-SW FISHING HUNTING SLEEEPING COIMC READING BULID FAKE CYBER NATIONS

4. andyf

andyf Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    Name: Andy
    Birthday: 01/31/1966
    SW Related Interests: Darth Vader, Costuming, Movies, prop making and meeting other Star Wars fans
    Non-SW Related Interests: Computers, Movies, Books, Music, U2, Gary Numan, Pink Floyd, TV, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Heroes, Smallville, & Futurama
    How did you get started on SW: I have been a Star Wars fan since the first movie came out in 1977.

5. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Andy! Good to see you again and I'm glad you decided to post. Talk to you soon... [face_peace]

6. Abby_Normal

Abby_Normal Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2007
    Name: Ray Franks (aka Abby Normal)
    Birthday: Jan. 19th 1972
    SW Related Interests: just about everything
    Non-SW Related Interests: comics, music, toys, movies
    How did you get started on SW: It started with collecting the toys when the first movie came out. Eventually, I acquired so many toys, comics, games, etc. that I had to open my own store in Salisbury, NC called, The Comic Monstore (www.myspace.com/comicmonstore)

7. Jedi_Dimples

Jedi_Dimples Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2003
    Name: Dimples but ometimes they call me Jack
    Birthday: March 3
    SW Related Interests: Watching the movies, wishing I was really a Jedi.... :D
    Non-SW Related Interests: Pirates of the Caribbean.....
    How did you get started on SW: I saw Ep IV in theaters back in the 77

I was living in Rochester and signed up to be a member of the Rebellion - What do I have to do to join/sign up here in Charlotte? I mostly post or just read the boards.......thanks :D

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    All you have to do is is just be active and post here on the board. If you are on MySpace you can check out our page here...

http://www.myspace.com/charlottefanforce

We will always be posting upcoming events here, check them out and see if you want to get involved. That's about it. Jada will probably have more to say.

Oh, and also a warm welcome to Ray as well. We might have to take a drive up to see your store sometime.

9. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Hello Charlotte,

UniversalDestiny checking in from the Triangle Trade Federation. I just thought I'd stop in since I had the pleasure of meeting Jada at StellarCon the other day.

I'm glad to see that this chapter is still alive and kicking. Maybe in the future the TTF and Charlotte Chapter can get together and do some events. Maybe a Monopoly or Star Wars challenge?

Take Care,

Janers aka UD :)

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thanks for posting UD and welcome to all our newest members! :D

11. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Thanks for the warm welcome Jada!! :)

-UD

12. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007

13. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    sorry, I hit the wrong button on my previous post. please disregard. I'm new to Charlotte and hoping to find a few new friends with similar interests.

Name: James
    Birthday: 4/10
    SW Related Interests: all
    Non-SW Related Interests: history, music
    How did you get started on SW: I was 6 when ANH was first released. Self explanatory.

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    So . . . either you are me or your are claiming to be my sock. :p

15. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
  16. williamjohns

williamjohns Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2007
    Greetings!,
    I'll do my best to answer all the questions that Jada has asked for. My name is William "Nick" Johns, and i am 49 years young. lol.(I keep telling myself that, hoping my body will believe it) I live in the Gastonia area, but i am from Charlotte.
    I was a student at CPCC when SW's first came out, i skipped school that day, and spent the whole day in the theater, blown away. I've been a fan ever since. Of course i love almost anything Sci-fi /fantasy/ horror. My favorite TV shows are Babylon 5 and Stargate. I really like Hero's and Supernatural too. I collect movies and have a very large library so far, including all the Universal Monster movies, and the complete set of the Abbott and Costello Universal movies.
    I work in the Fantasy/horror art field for a living, and am lucky enough to work with a couple of movie stars (scream queens) as well. I am also the art director for a new mega-con called Omegacon. www.omegacon.us In the intro, it shows a commercial that is running on cable now, and if features a few friends of mine, such as scream Queen Suzi Lorraine, Artist Brom, Todd Lockwood, and myself.
    I joined this group in hopes of finding some old friends, and making new ones. Does the name "Starcore" mean anything to anyone here? It was a group i was part of in the early 80's, and i have lost contact with the members through the years. I would love to find any of them.
    I am single and travel alot. I am really hoping to find some things to do locally, so i can have some fun. lol It seems like i work from the time i get up until i go to bed. I am hoping to change that some.
    Well, its good to meet you all, and hopefully i will get to meet some of you.
    best regards,
    William

17. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Nick! Nice to see another "old school" Star Wars fan. I was only 7 in 1977 but I got to see Star Wars a number of times that summer, thanks to my mom. Anyway, check some of the other posts here to see what we have coming up. We do have a monthly book club, you can get more info here on the book we are reading for May, the first book in the Han Solo Trilogy, The Paradise Snare. We also have a local convention in Charlotte coming up called ConCarolinas, check out the thread here. And lastly, this is a little bit in advance but it is kind of a big deal, there is going to be a convention in Salisbury, NC called Comics & Toys MonsterCon. The reason it's a big deal is that Chewbacca, Peter Mayhew, will be appearing at the Con. Info is here... So, feel free to post and get to know everyone. MTFBWY...

18. williamjohns

May 6, 2007
    hey TK!,
    Thanks for all the great info. I will check out the Salisbury con. I'm up there every other week anyways. I go to the VA hospital there for doctors visits. Concarolina, i don't know about. I have written to them for the last 3 years, trying to find out info about a artshow, or dealers space, and not once have they ever written me back.
    I travel the country being a guest at most of the cons i go to, and i can't get my hometown to give me the time of day. lol It kinda hurt my feelings if you know what i mean. Anyways, i am planning on coming to the Gastonia event you have planned in June? Hopefully someone will remind me of it, a week ahead of time. I would really like to meet you all, and hang out. ttyl

19. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Which event was that, the one at The Schiele Museum? If so that would be cool.

Hmmm... I would suggest you try reaching them on their MySpace page... here is the link...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=168127106

20. williamjohns

May 6, 2007
    Yep,, the Shiele. I probably didn't spell that right lol.

21. TR8401

TR8401 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2007
    Hi, My name is Leila McMichael and I am married to Andy Fairbanks. We live in Lenoir, NC and I mostly participate in the Klingon Assault Group for my fandom expression. As such I am Captain Keela sutai-Septaric. I am firstly a Star Trek fan and secondly a Star Wars fan. I am a Red Imperial Guard, designation TR 8401. I like most kinds of science fiction and fantasy and some horror. I used to read a lot, but don't get as much time now. We have 8 cats. I have a daughter, Nikki - age 28, and a granddaughter, Haven - age 5. I work in home health and am hoping to be in the RN program at our local community college by fall 2008. My birthdate is January 5th. Thanks for letting me share!

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    She posts! Finally! Woohoo!!!! :D

23. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Leila, it's great to see you posting! You are such a great and fun person, I think I can forgive you for being a Trek fan. ;) I hope to see you and Andy at the Book Club meeting on Saturday. Until then... [face_cowboy]

24. Jasteel

Jasteel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    Name: Jason
    Birthday: March 8th

SW Related Interests: I'm a big fan of the original trilogy, and I like to pretend that the prequels are just really high-budget, fun EU films (so I can sleep at night). Unfortunately, the truth of that behind Star Wars Revelations didn't make me like it any better, so maybe my logic is flawed...

Non-SW Related Interests: Science fiction/fantasy writing, filmmaking, and game design. Check out jadaco.net.

How did you get started on SW: I was raised by a scifi/fantasy artist/writer, so it's likely I had no way around an interest in Star Wars (I guess the other option would have been to grow up hating it =P). I suppose the line, "I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father," has some personal resonance.

25. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Jason! It's nice to see new faces around here who share a love of Star Wars. Keep checking the board here to see what the group is up to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.