main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starrenite

starrenite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Oh, poop. I never did fill this out. XD <33

Name: Jaime (Jaimegerms, germy, I think you get the idea [face_worried])
    Birthday: Oct. 21st, 1985
    SW Related Interests: movies, books, board games, etc.
    Non-SW Related Interests: singing in the shower, hugging, star gazing, sleeping. I-)
    How did you get started on SW: When I was really little, my dad had my brother (Ed, aKa Seefa) and I sitting in the den. We were watching A New Hope, and I remember to this day my favorite part, the stormtroopers were walking through a doorway and one of them bopped his head on the top door frame. I cracked up laughing and have been addicted to Star Wars (and Stormtroopers ;)) ever since. I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH, OKAY? n_n

2. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    I'm new to message boards, so please bear with me.

Name: Aaron
    Birthday: 11/20/70
    SW Related Interests: Books, Movies, Comics, Toys
    Non-SW Related Interests: raising my 20month old twins into SW fans :), fantasy sports, fantasy books, movies
    How did you get started on SW: Saw ANH at a drive in theater in Spartanburg SC in '78 (had just moved there) and from then on it was fate...

3. Susan_Lucci_Pirate

Susan_Lucci_Pirate Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2004
    Name: Derek
    Birthday: June 26, 1981
    SW Related Interests: Costuming (501st), collecting, and hanging out with fans
    Non-SW Related Interests: Pirates, Ren Faires, Clubs, Concerts, Music, Movies
    How did you get started on SW: When I was about 5 my parents rented The Empire Strikes Back, been a fan ever since the first time I saw Vader on screen for the first time.

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :D

Thanks for explaining your name origin last night. ;) It's great to have you on the boards.

5. Erelannon

Erelannon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2003

And Roy is only 9 days older than I am ... [face_dancing]

Welcome, welcome .... !

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    MrEBeast, I don't know how it happened but I completely missed your post. :eek: :oops: I sent you a PM apologizing but also wanted to public admit my faux pas. [face_blush] Love your name (say it out loud for those that don't get it :p).

7. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Yes MrEBeast, welcome. I been busy and just have not posted much lately.

8. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    No problem, it's the busy holiday season (I work in retail so i well know). I always figured i would end up joining some form of SW fan group. I do have to admit I have no idea how to access a private message on this thing though. I was interested in hearing how the book group is done though as I have read most of the Star Wars books that have been printed.

Aaron

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    You have my sincere condolences. My niece works retail and we heard endless horror stories on Christmas Day.

Let me see if I can help. If you go back up to the top of the page you'll see the banner, some scrolling message, a line that says Contact Your Chapter Rep: Jada and then another line that appears as this:

Logged in as: MrEBeast | Logoff | Private Messages | My Board Info | Search | Options | Admin | Help | New Boards | Rules of the JC | TOS | Faces | Markup Codes

I've bolded Private Messages. It should say 1 New next to it. Just click on that and it will take you to the message. If you need any other technical help let me know. I've adopted "newbies" before and taught them the ins and outs of the boards. :)

We meet once a month usually at the Beatties Ford Library (it seems to be the most central place and they have been good to us). We will discuss the book, any club business and then play a round of Star Wars miniatures or a board game after. I'm going to post an outline of the books we will be reading for 2008 with some special notes.

Please feel free to ask questions.

~Jada

10. Two-HeadedPigeon

Two-HeadedPigeon Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2008
    Name: Kurt, Turbo, David, Two-headed pigeon (ask Jada) -- pick one!
    SW Related: Movies, Fan Films, Costumes, Props, General Discussions.
    Non-SW Related: God, Guitars, Reading, Poetry, Music -- anything right-brained.
    How I got started with SW: I was born EXACTLY two months after the premier in '77 -- it was destiny.

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :oops:

LOL, this is an old friend of mine from my days in the Phoenix Fan Force. Boy oh boy when I get a scanner I've got a great picture to post of you in my Princess Leia wig [face_laugh]

12. Two-HeadedPigeon

Feb 17, 2008
    Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

13. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome! [face_cowboy]

14. Two-HeadedPigeon

Feb 17, 2008
    Thanks, it's nice to be here.

15. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    welcome [face_devil]

16. OutlawAssassin

OutlawAssassin Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2008
    Hello All,

Name: Tim
    Birthday: June 7, 1979
    SW Related Interests: Everything Star Wars ! Movies,games,toys, you name it. I'm currently in the process of constructing my Boba Fett costume in hopes of joining the 501st. My goal is to be completed by Halloween if not sooner.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Motor sports !! Love Racing. Spending time with my wife and son (who also loves Star Wars) he's 5.
    How did you get started on SW: I went to see ROTJ when it came out and have been a fan ever since. (I was taken to see it..lol)

Looking forward to meeting new people with the same interest's in the area. We recently moved here from PA and don't know that many people.

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Motor sports? Does that mean NASCAR? NHRA? or something that includes [face_sick]Danika [face_sick] :p ;)

Do you play minis? We have tons of minis and just never get to play enough.

18. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007

Looking forward to meeting new people with the same interest's in the area. We recently moved here from PA and don't know that many people.

Welcome to the club Tim

Aaron

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Tim somehow I missed that you recently moved from PA. I have family outside Reading and I'm originally from CT and TK-2970 is originally from NJ.

20. OutlawAssassin

OutlawAssassin Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2008
    As for the Motor sports Absolutely Yes to NASCAR. But pretty much anything that's moving fast. I did some racing in a Legends series back in Pa but haven't been able to get back into it here. YET We're from northwest PA, north of Pittsburgh on the lake. Lake Erie for those folks that don't know....lol Sorry. :) But thanks everyone for being so friendly, its nice to meet good people. As for the minis, no i don't play. Don't actually know much about them. Right now the main thing i'm doing is the costume and prop building.

Thanks, talk to you all later.

21. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey, leave Danika alone... [face_frustrated]

22. JediMaster1977

JediMaster1977 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2008
    Name: Scott
    Birthday: April 9th 1977
    SW Related Interests: Books, The Video Games and etc.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Martial Arts, Movies and so much more.
    How did you get started on SW: I saw it when I was a child and I liked ever since then.

23. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Scott. Feel free to explore and post where you like.

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey Scott! Welcome to the boards! If you have any questions please feel free to ask or private message me.

[face_talk_hand] Danika sucks. :p

25. Rabid_Ewok_101

Rabid_Ewok_101 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2008
    Name: Jameson
    Birthday: March 12, 1975
    SW Related Interests: Reading, Computer Games
    Non-SW Related Interests: Student, Roller Hockey, Paintball
    How did you get started on SW: Hasbro in the early 80's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.