main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Welcome aboard Jameson! That's an interesting screen name you have. ;)

2. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Yes, wecome Jameson! [face_cowboy]

3. boba_fett_protector

boba_fett_protector Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey guys,

so my name is Adam Frazier - I'm a freelance writer and film critic and obviously, a huge Star Wars fan. I'm moving to Charlotte next month and thought I'd check out the fan force stuff. Also, I'm in desperate need of a job and was hoping to get some advice from fellow star wars fans who might have suggestions or a hookup even?

Thanks guys!

Adam

(by the way, went to the one man star wars event in Charlotte a while back and was warmly greeted by the 501st - got some great pictures with a couple of biker scouts!)

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Oh wait, you're that guy from One Man Star Wars! Just kidding, that night was so hectic for us.

Do you know where in town you'll be living?

5. boba_fett_protector

Feb 24, 2004
    haha, oh right - I seem to remember it being pretty crazy, ha.

Ah yeah, I'll be living in the South Park area?

6. boba_fett_protector

Feb 24, 2004
    haha, oh right - I seem to remember it being pretty crazy, ha.

Ah yeah, I'll be living in the South Park area?

7. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Name: (Ed
    Birthday: 5/6/72
    SW Related Interests: Movies,books and Games
    Non-SW Related Interests: games, Drawing, Biking and Family
    How did you get started on SW: Been a die-hard fan since seeing Star Wars on its first run in '77 at a drive in theatre. Never looked back.

Brief bio...I'm a born and raised New Yorker (Bronx) that is about to move to Charlotte on 6/29 So I figured I'd say an early hello.
    Wife and I were somewhat members of the NYC MEPA group back around when Attack came out. We actually met online at Talk City in a Star Wars RP chat back in 1999 (yup those things can work out lol)
    We've been married since '03 and are expecting our first little geek...uh...child...around October 3rd.

8. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hey Mayhem, are you still raising Caine? :p And a sithling on the way? Woohoo!

It's the old Sith Wench here. ;)

South Park is a nice area. We might be switching our Clone Wars event to the Regal theater out there. I'll know more Friday when I return.

I'll look forward to seeing both of you soon. :D

Feel free to post on the boards. We don't bite hard! :p

9. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Gee thats not the Sith I remember.:p

And Caine has been reborn elswhere as Mayhem...hehe

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I said we didn't bite hard . . . I didn't say we don't bite. [face_devil] :p

I hope you all are ready for Charlotte because you are entering the NASCAR, Sweet Tea, BBQ capital of the world! [face_dancing]

11. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Well considering I love sweet tea, have a nice black jacket with big old #3 on it and married a woman from Buffalo.....yeah I'm set hehehe.

My sister-in-law and wife's cousin are both down in Charlotte actually as well (Sister is expecting their first a month after us).
    We've been down a few times for vacations and simply fell in love with the area. We're tired of NYC and really don't want to raise our child in the Bronx.

12. boba_fett_protector

Feb 24, 2004
    Mmm... Sweet Tea.

I'm from Blacksburg, VA - around Virginia Tech, so though we're technically still southern, with southern traditions and such, I'm pretty excited to get down deeper into it. Even though with global warming it very well might be Tatooine-level temperatures in late July

13. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome to the two new transplants. [face_dancing] [face_cowboy]

14. _Aysardra_

_Aysardra_ Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2008
    Name: Amanda
    Birthday: 6/20/76
    SW Related Interests: movies, KOTOR/KOTOR2, books, Mandalorians, droids
    Non-SW Related Interests: animals, writing, non-SW geek stuff (Firefly, LOTR, etc.), Sci-fi/Fantasy novels, videogames, family
    How did you get started on SW: Seeing ANH on TV when I was really, really little, then watching the original trilogy over & over again every time they were shown

Bio: Born & raised in Buffalo, then moved to the Bronx in 2001; married Mayhem in Oct. 2003 [face_love] then enjoyed 10 wonderful days in Scotland for our honeymoon; finally becoming a Charlotte resident next week! and eagerly awaiting this October for the birth of our first little troublemaker.

15. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Amanda! We will have to get all of the new Tri-State area transplants together and have lunc/dinner sometime.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Is this the infamous Sith Mistress? :D I'll have to go pull out my Sith Wench account. ;)

Welcome Amanda. And everyone, feel free to post and to PM me with any questions. :D

17. Mayhem

Oct 28, 2001
    Drat, she found me!!!

Oh wait..I live with her..guess it wasn't difficult lol.

Welcome back to geekdom baby!

Love ya!

Oh and watch out for that wench...nutting but trouble. ;)

18. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Darn tootin'! [face_mischief]

19. DARTH-STANG

DARTH-STANG Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2008
    Name: Trevor aka Darth-Stang
    Birthday: 12/13/65
    SW Related Interests: Fan of original trilogy, collecting autographs and memorabilia, attending Star Wars Weekends at Disney.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Nascar racing, theme parks, fitness. I will be relocating to the Charlotte area in a couple years.
    How did you get started on SW: I saw "A New Hope" with my best friend in 1977 and was an instant fan. Now I am sharing my interest with my nephews (ages 11 and 9)

20. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi there Trevor.

Will you be visiting Charlotte or moving here? Hopefully not during the next hurricane that is due to hit us. :eek:

Feel free to jump on in!

21. DARTH-STANG

DARTH-STANG Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome. Once we dodge Hurricane Ike and any others this year, my wife and I will visit the Charlotte area in March of 2009. We won't be planning to move for a couple more years, but will take a look around and familiarize ourselves with the area. We drove through a couple years ago, but just stopped at the speedway and headed out after that. We'll spend a few days this time, and maybe the Separatists will be having an event while we are there.

Until further communications...may the force be with you.

22. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Let us know when you are in town. We always look forward to meeting other SW fans!

23. dutt1020

dutt1020 Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2008
    Name: Paul
    Birthday: 03/22
    SW Related Interests: Collecting (too many areas to mention),movies -duh!, novels and some comics, oh heck... just about anything.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Football, traveling, my family, getting to know Charlotte (new to the area)
    How did you get started on SW: I remember going to see Star Wars in '77 wiht my friend RJ. He and I totally freaked out over it and it all began from there. I think my collecting obsession started around '78 honestly. I had a few figures that I was playing with and abusing at the time, but my first really cool piece was an Alec Guinness autograhed photo my father was able to get for me at a business convention. WOW! Now of course back then I was young and didn't have the money to collect much, I just knew I wanted it all (I made up for it in later years).
    Before moving to Charlotte this summer, I lived in the Wash DC area for 25 yrs and was a Charter Member of the DCSWCC for 5yrs.

24. boba_fett_protector

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey Guys,

So I'm a manager at the Regal Phillips Place 10 in South Park. If you guys ever need anything, please let me know. I know Clone Wars is said and done but who knows, maybe there will be an event in which the 501st could be involved!

25. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    Welcome aboard Paul.

Aaron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.