main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC New Members Check In Here!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Hey Paul, welcome to the Charlotte area. The DCSWCC always puts out great charity pin and I look forward to the next one. I have two of them, the Chewbacca one and the current Boba Fett one. MonsterCon is going to be coming up in a few weeks so hopefully you can make it to that. A few members of the FanForce will be there. Jada will probably post some more info soon.

And boba_fett_protector, thanks for the offer. I hope we can take you up on it at some time.

2. mguffey55

mguffey55 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2009
    Name: Matt
    Birthday: July 19th
    SW Related Interests: Movies, Books, Collectors Cards, Figurines, and Video Games
    Non-SW Related Interests: Computers, Movies, Exercise, and Video Games
    How did you get started on SW: Hi, my name is Matt, been a Star Wars Fan since I can remember, actually got started collecting Star Trek (yes I know the other Star) cards when I was in 6th grade and still have them and began collecting star wars cards shortly after than and have been a fan ever since. I drifted away for a while because of real life and being in the Military kinda makes it hard to keep up with things. My nephew who is 9 has gotten into star wars like crazy so I'm feeding his addiction as his parents call it...lol.

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi Matt! Welcome to the CFF. Glad to see you are inducting a youngling. :D

4. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Welcome Matt! I have gotten into collecting some of the newer sets of cards. I have most of the Evolution Series II set and most of the 30th Anniversary set and I have a complete set of the Cone Wars cards. I'm just starting to get into the Clone Wars sticker cards. I used to have tons of the original trading cards but just like my vintage action figures, I have no idea what ever happened to them. :eek: :_|

5. saltydog6423

saltydog6423 Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2008
    Name: Brandon
    Birthday: 7-5-91
    SW Related Interests: Movies, Books, video/board games
    Non-SW Related Interests: video games, movies, comics, harry potter, stargate, heroes, survivor, i am just a big fanboy.
    How did you get started on SW: My dad loves star wars and passed it on to me.

6. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi Brandon, welcome to the CFF. Sounds like you have a good dad. ;)

7. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Name: Tim

Birthday: March 21

SW Related Interests: Book (up to Legacy of the Jedi, havn't picked up anything in a couple months)Comics (trying to catch up on Legacy, was running with all DH stuff for a good while though)Movies, of course. Am interested in table-top role playing, really would like to get a group together.

Non-SW Related Interests: gaming, computers, literature, writing, geek stuff, talk radio

How did you get started on SW: I fell in love with Star Wars when I was little. I remember vividly the first time I saw the Battle of Hoth playing from an overused VHS tape that was borrowed from the public library. I think it was a defining moment. Since, SW has been my foray into most other interests I have. SW books got me into reading/writing, the video games were the first I ever played, the comics were the first I ever read, the list goes on!

8. ZahoSkywalker

ZahoSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2009
    Name: Walter or Walt
    Birthday: July 16, 1983
    SW Related Interests: Watching the Saga, reading the EU Books and Star Wars RPGing
    Non-SW Related Interests: Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, True Blood and The Office.
    How did you get started on SW: I was bought up with Star Wars since I was born.

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hello new peeps! :D

Welcome aboard. Jump on in, don't be shy. :D

10. ZahoSkywalker

Aug 3, 2009
    Glad to be here.

I just moved to Charlotte a week ago.

So what all do you all do?

11. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    We've been kinda of quiet this past year. We were meeting every month for book club but didn't do too well this year. :( We've been having viewing parties for the OT. We'll have another one for RotJ in a few months.

12. ZahoSkywalker

Aug 3, 2009
    I hear ya.

Do any of you guys have a Facebook?

I could make a page for the Fan Force if you guys want.

13. MrEBeast

MrEBeast Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2007
    I am on Facebook under Aaron Gold, I have a myspace page but haven't been on there in months...

14. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Thanks for the offer but right now we've opted not to have one.

15. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    Seems pretty counter productive not to be using facebook to find new members and to organize meet ups. I'm not suggesting that this should be a replacement for the forums, but it would be a great way to draw people in. Unless your not excepting new members, which seems silly.

16. Subzero1461

Subzero1461 Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2009
    Name: Matthew
    Birthday: 3/8/89
    SW Related Interests: Lightsaber battles (would to take part in LCC) and history of SW
    Non-SW Related Interests: Teaching, Games, Books
    How did you get started on SW: Hi my name is Matt, I have been a SW fan since 96 (Late i know).

17. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi Matthew!

Welcome to the boards. :D

~Jada

18. aberrios75

aberrios75 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2010
    Name: Anthony
    Birthday: 11/15/75
    SW Related Interests: Movies, books, PC games and comics
    Non-SW Related Interests: Science Fiction, board games, weight lifting, movies & reading
    How did you get started on SW: ANH, I lost track how many times I have seen that movie, never gets old.

19. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Welcome!

20. angalese

angalese Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2010
    Hello!
    My name is Angela!
    I am 27
    My birthday is Jan. 2nd 1983
    I live in Asheboro about an hour in a half away from Charlotte.
    I have a bunch of Star Wars related interests: I am big into costuming and have done Princess Leia costumes as well as a Barris Ofee costume as well. I also love the comics, books, minature game and many of the other wonderful star wars stuff.
    Non star wars related interests are Music (I'm a band and orchestra teacher)Sewing, special effects makeup, and lots of other stuff as well!
    I got into Star Wars when I was about 5 or 6. My father watches a lot of sci-fi and rented the movies so I could watch them. I have been hooked since. I did made my first Star Wars costume when I was 12 for a sci fi con in Highpoint, NC in 1996(Phenomicon), the first year I lived in NC. (Princess Leia's white outfit from the first movie).

21. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Guess I'll make it official since I am stepping down from Salisbury CR role and joining my friends here if they will have me...?

Name: Randal
    Birthday: A long time ago!!! 5/1/69
    SW Related Interests: Movies, books, comics, tv series, costuming, xbox 360/wii games, miniatures, art, you name it
    Non-SW Related Interests: Design, architecture, art, prop building, costuming, kids sports (coaching - soccer - baseball), computers, reader, sculpting, models....

My family is an avid fan of Halloween and renaissance fair costuming! We are somewhat local celebrities for the costuming circuit here in Salisbury and enjoy going to schools and the libraries to perform and read stories w/ children in costume (Most recent - Where the Wild Things are costume build and reading). My wife is not on here but is just as much a fan and loves to make the costumes!

22. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Name:Brent
    Birthday:Sept 25 1973
    SW Related Interests:I collect all things SW and enjoy the books, the shows, the movies, the life!!
    I write fan fiction when I can.
    Play in two different bands.
    And I am looking for a new home. My Winston Salem board is long gone. "Destroyed by the empire..."

23. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Emperor's Black Bones it's the greatest Star Dog ever!!!!

Brent, it is fantastic to see you post. Hopefully you can meet up with us some time soon. :D

24. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    So... Does that mean I can hang out here in Charlotte with you guys.

You know I'm a Sith...

Bad dog!!!!

Star Dog...

25. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Dude you are so epic we should be asking if we can be in your presence! You are more than welcome here. :D Got any of that Liberty Ale? Is that what it was? Also, the Spooky one is on Facebook regularly if you are on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.