main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA New Members

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Greetings from Orange County CA!
    My name is Erik and I'm currenly a member of the O. C. Star Wars Society. I and my lady Sabrina will be moving up to Spokane during the second week of July. Escrow is due to close on our new home at the end of June. We had the pleasure of meeting John and Kelli at C4 and as they didn't run screaming from us I am excited that there are plenty of our kind of people in Spokane. I am an LPN and Sabrina is a Pharmacy Tech who will be going to Pullman to get her Pharmacicst training. We are both very much into all things Star Wars and Rennaisance Faire. I am an avid prop and model builder in my spare time and flatter myself that I know my way around a sword. I am one of the founders of the lightsaber training group in OC and haqve some experience doing live-steel swordplay at faire. Sabrina is mad for anything that involves "soft" costuming (she has no interest in armor) and loves few things more than desiging and sewing a new costume. We are both great lovers of nature and animals and fully plan to turn our home into a small zoo.

We very much look forward to meeting all of you and continuing to share our love of Star Wars as proud members of the Spokantina!

2. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I look forward to meeting you and enjoying some saber play. You and your wife will definitely fit in with us up here, especially with the costuming and prop making.
    Also, if you need any help with moving at all let me know. I would be more than happy to help in any way I can.

3. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I look forward to seeing you two again Smudge, I really think you should set a day, and whoever in the group is available can come over, help move, and bring heaping piles of pizza. Let us know!

4. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    As things sit now, we are tentatively planning to be in town by mid day on friday the 13th (be afraid, be very afraid) not sure how that will dovetail with the moving company though. Probably the next day would work best. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for the welcome and the offer!

5. Darthchromer

Darthchromer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2007
    Hello, Just joined the group. Thanks for posting the meet up info. I have loved the Star Wars saga ever since I saw Ep. IV when I was eight years old. The birth of my first son ,who is now four and a big fan of the movies too, got me back into collecting SW toys, props and memorabilia and turbo charged my love for the movies. I am married to an awesome wife that puts up with my hobbies (obsessions):D I have been working on an Ep. V Vader costume for a few years now trying to make it as screen accurate as possible. Just waiting for my soft parts to come in from Custom props over seas. I hope they do me right! I have done most of the modifications that were needed to the armor and helmet, all that's left is paint and I will be finished. Very excited, Halloween will be a blast this year! I look forward to meeting the group on the 15th.

6. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    It's official sports fans! THE FAT LADY HAS SUNG,,ESCROW CLOSED, THE HOUSE IS OURS!!!!!

So we are expecting to be in town sometime on July 13th

7. TuleenDonai

TuleenDonai Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    Where are you going to be LPN'ing?

8. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    not sure yet

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Well, it's almost time! We are expecting to be into Spokane by friday afternoon. Things will be crazy for a while but we look foreward to seeing John and Kelli again and meeting the rest of our new fanforce!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.