main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Members

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by tx1573, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tx1573

tx1573 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2002
    Hi there didn't see a place to post for introductions so here goes....HI

Just wanted to say that I look forward to getting to do some great things with the rest of you. I have met Jake and that is it, but I saw a bunch of you at Trek Con. I signed on after but wasn't able to make the meeting due to work schedule. I am trying to get the 17th off but no promises. Was there a decision made on the library as the location for the meeting?

2. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Hello. Actually, my plans are to talk to the folks at the Library today. Which reminds me, what time do we want to have the meeting? Was 4pm a good time for every one again? Also, did we want to do anything afterwards again this time? I know I had a great time at LaserQuest and the drive-in.

BTW, nice icon, tx1573. [face_mischief]

I say that because I created it using some artwork of Thrawn done by a friend of my wife. So, I'm glad it's still around.

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I think everyone was happy with 4pm. Although Dena and I can't make this next meeting because we promised work friends we'd go floating with them. And we already blew them off once when BDK has his going away party.

4. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I think 4 is a fine time. I think it will still be too hot to do the Drive in again. Bree was actually thinking about going bowling. What would everyone think of that?

-Gary

5. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    *pouts* That sounds like fun... *kicks the dirt on the ground*

6. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Personally I thik 2 or 3 would be better. But that is just me :)

7. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm pretty open to just about any time. However, I'd recommend nailing down the time asap. I think it would be helpful if we could nail our meeting times about two weeks out. This will allow members to plan their schedules accordingly.

Also, the time may yet not be dictacted by someone here. We may be at the mercy of the Library. Ed, were you giving them a call today?

-Gary Weaver II

8. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    Psssttt... Billy said he was gonna do that.

9. talltrees

talltrees Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 14, 2002
    What did Billy say he was going to do? Bowling!?! I suck at bowling. But, I am game. I just don't got game. hehehe!

10. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Yea Billy said he was doing it today. I was under the impression that I was going to call them but Billy can :) long as someone does it and not a bunch of us. Unless I hear otherwise I will let Billy do it :) Easier that way.

But we do need to nail down a time. For simplisities sack we can leave it at 4 for this meeting and change the next ones if we want to.

11. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Okay, I called the library and their smaller meeting room which maxes out at about 30 ppl is avail. on Aug 17th. The library closes at 5pm on Saturdays so we'd have to be out of there by then. I tentatively reserved it from 3-5, but I wanted to run it by you guys before I locked it in.

Two questions:
    1) Do you think this room will be big enough?

2) Can we meet a little earlier than 4pm to make sure we're out of there by 5pm?

We need to call the library back tomorrow, to confirm or cancel, so let me know ASAP.

12. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I'd say 30 people is more then enough for now. And i'd move it up to 3 just to give the extra time we always take BSing afterwards (that is, if i was going... *whine*)

Asylum was nice, but it was just getting to friggin' noisey to hear ourselves. Which reminds me we need to thank Jimmy for letting us use the place and let him know we won't need to because of our size (which is pretty much true)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.