main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN New Midwest RSA - Bobafemme!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The Midwest has a new Regional Support Advisor - our very own wonderful Bobafemme!

Let's all congratulate her and be thankful we have such a dedicated person to turn to!

Yay Bobafemme!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

2. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Congratulations, Erica. They definitely found the best person for the job.

Phil

3. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Hey, hey, hey! Rock on, Bobafemme! All that hard work in fixing the description of the RSA really paid off. You'll do wonderful!

4. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Congradulations Bobafemme. I like your colors.(Yours too MJSFF)

5. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Congratulations, Bobafemme!!!

6. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Thank you everyone. :) I'm still in the learning phase but do not hesitate to ask me any questions. Although it may just take me a bit to research the answer, I will get back to you. If you have any suggestions or ideas, I'm all ears.

7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks, r_n_e! And maybe for the next Vikings season I can change the green lettering to gold! :)

8. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Wow! Congradualations!!! :cool:

Hey, Mara... how'd you change your colors? I thought only moderators could do that.... ?[face_plain]

Anyway... love the colors. :) Definately change the colors come football season. Don't want to be mistaken for a Packer fan. Purple Pride 4 Ever! :D

~*~Bria

9. republic_not_empire

Jul 31, 2000
    VIP's can change their colors too, I think.

10. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Perhaps... but any other vips I've seen have been the same old boring red... ?[face_plain]

~*~Bria

11. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Yes, VIPs can change their colours too - I did at least! :cool:

12. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Yes, VIPs can change their colours too - I did at least! :cool:

13. republic_not_empire

Jul 31, 2000
    Hama's only a VIP now and he has different colors.
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=241869

EDIT: Wow quick reply, and twice too

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Well I'll be...

Guess you learn something new every day. :cool:

~*~Bria

15. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    If there is any confusion to what a RSA and City Rep is, here is the descriptions from the FanForce FAQs.

First, RSA (Bobafemme):

What does a Regional Support Administrator do?
    The role of the Regional Support Administrator (RSA) will vary, and is largely determined by the creativity and proactivity of the bearer of this title. Nevertheless, there area set of core responsibilities that must be upheld by any RSA:
    1) RSA's are the "face" of TFN for the FanForce cities in their regions. They are responsible for addressing any and all concerns issued by these cities. The RSA will interface directly with the City Representatives to achieve these ends.

2) RSA's will assist FanForce cities in devising and helping implement FanForce activities. The ability of an RSA to be creative in this regard is vital, as he or she may be called upon to represent FanForce cities on behalf of TFN to sponsors, charities, media, etc.

3) RSA's will engage FanForce Global Support for the escalation of all issues that cannot be directly addressed or resolved on a regional level. Situations in which this is necessary will vary. (For example: No City Representative will be relieved of his or her assignment without the consensus of Global Support. In addition, no FanForce member will be banned from the forums without said consensus and authorization.)

4) RSA's will be directly responsible for overseeing the formation of new FanForce cities. In addition, he or sheis required to know and understand the leadership structure of each city in his region.

5) RSA's are "moderators" for their regions "General Discussion" forum.
    Any issues that have not been directly addressed in this document will be handled by FanForce Staff as whole, to deivse a reasonable and fair solution.

City Representative (Me) (although to clarify what this description says- it was written on the old boards, CRs are not moderators, per se, on the JC boards):

FanForce does not recognize moderators in the traditional sense. Instead moderators have been effectively replaced by City Representatives (CR's.) It is important for all City Representaive aspirants to understand that this role is inclusive of, but not exclusive to moderation of the city forums. While moderating is a key responsibility of CR's, the position has been greatly expanded.

City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity.

A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. In addition, FanForce Staff do not appoint moderators, either. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to decide on a CR.

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    All I changed was gender in the cut and pasted section. Thank you, Lisa, for clarifying the different roles.

17. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    My bad! Can't believe I forgot that the description kept saying "he". We all know you're not a feminite man named Bob. [face_laugh]

18. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Congrats Erica! I am confident that you will do a great job. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.