main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Mod for RPG and Minis Forum

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Hello RPG and Minis forum :) As of today I am officially the forum's new mod, taking over for dp4m who had stepped down. Hopefully the transition will be a smooth one. My PM box is always open to suggestions, questions, requests, complaints, or if you just want to chat. Over the next couple weeks I'm going to be updating the sticky thread and making a few minor tweeks here and there in the forum.

I thought I'd start by officially introducing and telling everyone a little bit about me. My name really is Dajuan, but you can call me Daj if you like. I've been a mod on TFN since 2004 and a FanForce admin since 2005. (Insert plug for joining your local FanForce here :p). Let's see, I'm a St. Louis native who now lives in Des Moines. Um, I'm a college math teacher, I costume, collect, and game and I'm pretty into Battlestar Galactica.

I started playing the WotC game, Star Wars Miniatures, way back when Rebel Storm first released back in, what was it 2004? Didn't play much the first couple years because I didn't have many people to play with. I really got into the game in 2006 after meeting hothie (my sweetie). Now I play at least weekly and we often travel to other cities to play with friends. Actually, we're headed out to Gen Con this year to play some minis and hang with friends. So if anyone else is planning on going let me know, I'd love to meet you! I've tried the first d20 RPG a couple years ago, but my group fell apart after a couple sessions, then I moved, so I never had a chance to really get into it. The Saga edition looks pretty wicked, but I haven't found anyone here who plays it yet.

That's all I got for now. Feel free to introduce yourselves here if you'd like. I look forward to helping this forum grow!

2. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Welcome! Glad to have ya.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Booooo! Minis fan! Booooooooooooooooo! :p

Nah, Dajuan's been in here pretty much since Minis came out and you guys are generally well-behaved so don't make me have to come back and beat the hell out of you all! ;)

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Welcome, Dajuan. :)

I know, I know, I've been kind of absent.

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Welcome! I'm a long-time RPG geek (been playing D&D since 13), and SW Saga is (IMNSHO) the best incarnation yet of the d20 system.

I've tried playing the minis game a few times, but no matter what, it ends up being a one-sided slaughter. And strategy got nothin' to do with it. Example: in one battle I played Darth Maul and ended up being able to do Triple Attack. I didn't roll above a 5 :eek: Out of sheer pity, my opponent let me roll 2 more dice, and didn't get above a 3 that time.

6. Evil_X_13

Evil_X_13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2008
    Congratz Dajuan. Glad to have you Modding this this palce.=D=

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ouch, the dice can be very cruel. I just finished a game I should have won, but the dice were fickle.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I really look forward to getting to know you all better :)

8. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    You don't have stats in your profile.

Fail

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I lost the ones you made me forever ago, and haven't worked up new ones yet. I'll try to work up some again soon, it'll be a minis version though :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.