main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Motivational Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Apr 24, 2008.

1. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Lets see...what have I done today? I was pretty good so far.

Special K with Red Berries & Skim milk - 3 points
    Banana - 2 points
    My personal Deluxe Turkey Sandwich - 7.5 points (I'm out of tomato, so I put an extra slice of cheese on, heh)
    Sinful Turtles Candies - 4 points

Which leaves me with 7.5 more points for the day. Plenty for a nummy dinner and small snack!

Game night tonight, so I likely won't get my 45 minute walk in, but can't be perfect every night!

2. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    You make me look bad.

Breakfast:
    -2 fried eggs (in light olive oil)
    -orange juice (appx 8oz)
    Lunch:
    -buffalo chicken pizza bagel half
    -sierra mist with 4 strawberries cut up (2 BIG glasses)
    Dinner:
    who knows. I'll scrounge something up. (key word "scrounge")

Kudos Leah.

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I luvs special k. And their cereal bars. Even the bug will carry them around until I open one for him. ;)

4. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    we took the dogs on a 20 minute walk and now I am making oatmeal molasses bread with whole wheat flour=) I will let you know how it turns out as I substituted whole wheat for white flour and canola oil for shortening.=)

5. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    ooh those cereal bars are tasty! I think I overdid it on them, they're a little too sweet for me in the morning lately, but that might just be because my stomach hates me :p I like the honey nut ones the best I think. The protein bars are good too, a bit more filling - good for an afternoon snack but a bit sweet for breakfast.

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Breakfast: Pure Protein Bar
    1st Lunch: Cheese & Whole Grain Crackers
    2nd Lunch: Wendy's Go Wrap (grilled, no sauce)
    Dinner: Pepper Crusted Stuffed Flanksteak that I didn't feel like fixing last night

7. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    ooh I wanna play the what did I eat today game :)

breakfast: some dried figs, cup of tea
    lunch: salmon quesadilla (home made - yum!)
    snack: handful of shredded wheat minis, iced coffee with vanilla
    dinner: 1/2 lb tofu :D

8. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    be it known I did try to eat vegetables, but my refrigerator decided it would be fun to freeze everything that used to be alive. :_|

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Breakfast: Yogart, green tea (1/2 decaf)
    Snack: Sting cheese
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich whole wheat bread
    Snack: Apple & banana (I was real hungry?)

Gym: 25 mins on treadmill after stretches at a 10% incline at aprox 2.8 to 3 speed (what ever that is)
    Worked my arms a bit w/ weight lifting, not much just testing the machines to see if they work & what they do :D but I can feel my shoulders getting sore (I have no upper body strength)
    Dinner: Big Chicken Salad

Just made my chicken wrap for lunch tomorrow.

10. Reya

Reya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2007
    I just figured out the perfect motivation.... our fridge went out yesterday and it would cost more to fix it than to buy a new one. So went to Sears and bought a new one....but it won't be in until next Tuesday.

So here I sit at the kitchen table and though I am craving ice cream it is alas all gone. Everything is gone. We do have a little fridge in the garage so we have the basics but I would have to walk outside to get to it. What did people do before refrigerators in the kitchen?!?!

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    jerky and food poisonings mostly.

12. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    I just went up to 10 reps with 65lbs on benchpress!:D

(not bad for someone who could hardly pick up a 2 litre bottle with her left hand not a year ago!)

I'm hoping (maybe) I'll be up to around 125lbs by the end of the year.:) I might be a little ambitious though...[face_thinking]

13. Reya

Reya Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2007
    Hurray for you! =D=

I hope you achieve your goal. I think I would be lucky to bench the bar... :p

14. LadyoftheMandalore

Mar 28, 2007
    You might be surprised!

I started out doing like two reps with just the bar. It gets really light really fast if you just want to not look like a wuss in front of all the totally ripped guys in the free weight area. That was my motivation to start with at least.

Now I just want to get somewhere in the ballpark of where my boyfriend is lifting (oh, say, 195). I can't be beaten by a man...

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    OK, that was me posting [face_blush] But DH did eat almost the same thing. We are going to start a 4 week abs class next Thursday & I see we have free basic yoga classes at my Gym on Tues. So I think I will start that too.

16. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
  17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Are you being supportive??? [face_thinking]

18. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I'm being supportive! Good job, Kim!

Weighed myself this morning. 167.4 and still dropping. Hooray! I'm not officially 12.6 lbs down.

19. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    wednesday way a very weak day in the gym and I didnt even go last night. seriously overdid my legs tuesay night and could barely walk. which made running around work the past two days fun [face_plain]

but the legs feel mostly up to it again so I am going again tonight [face_dancing] i actually like going to the gym now.

20. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    It's hard to get motivated while your work chews your butt of for not working fast enough, but then gives you errors for working too fast. o_O?? Ok, let me get this: You want me to slow down due to errors, but yet go faster so I get more done....?

It's stuff like that where it gets me totally disheartened and not want to do anything when I get off of work.

Only eaten 220 calories today, but have burned about 700-some while at work. :)

Thankfully my parents are in town tomorrow for birthday shopping for me and we're gonna be walking around MoA. And my mom loves that place, so we're gonna be there walking around for several hours I'm sure.

21. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    wouldn't it take that long just to make one lap ;)

I only made it yoga on Monday, Tuesday the baby was sick and Kathy came over to do her biweekly cleaning for us, it's a great help I don't feel nearly as overwhelmed. I suppose I could go tonight, but I'm sick... I had a fever last night of 101, at 2 am it was down to 100 and this morning it was down 99.4. So I'm on the upswing, just not sure if I'm sufficiently better to not infect everyone at yoga. Plus I'm plugged up and I'd probably pass out from having to breath through my mouth the entire time lol!

I'm just now eating breakfast too.. Mogwai had her 4 month check up this morning and she has a minor ear infection, so her immunizations are delayed till next Friday, but anyways, I didn't get a chance to sit down and eat until now.

22. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Breakfast today: 2 cups of coffee [face_coffee]

trust me... it was needed.

23. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, but what was in it? Irish Creme or Kaluha? hehehe

24. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'm always supportive, Kimmay! [:D]=D=

25. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

The gym is not only great for your health Mac but it's great for your attitude. Keep up the routine Pal.
    Good Job! =D=