main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Motivational Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    im am kinda stuck myself. i think since i hit my primary weight loss goal im going to focus more on building muscle for now. then work on finishing getting lean.

Hey T, good luck going low carb. i have to live that way in many ways now. stupid gluten. be careful and really read labels. stuff is hidden really well. stupid beef jerky.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

tomorrow i am doing the same thing!!! not the asthma attack part. ;)

3. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    You might think that carrying around a 17+lb baby all day would be a great workout, but apparently not since I've only lost 4 lbs in the last 8 weeks... I guess I need to start working out every night when the kids are in bed. We'll see if that ever happens... [face_tired]

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I've been running on the treadmill every other day. It's nice when you can actually feel like you can just go a little longer each time.

5. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i have worked out to a degree since wednesday...cut out the bad stuff. today obviously am wiped out, i hurt all over...so sitting my big butt on the couch. :)

ps...sarah that is awesome! keep it up! sorry half asleep

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    lost four lbs...now 10 more before starfest! woohoo

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yay!!

I probably shouldn't have eaten that piece of cake yesterday, but it was so damn good!

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

eh just one from every once in awhile...it's the when it is breakfast, lunch and dinner when it's a problem. ;)

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    It was the first cake I've had in a long time.

The biggest habit I'm trying to break out of is the fast food. I've been doing that a lot because we never have food in the house. So instead of Burger King of Chipotle, I'm buying sushi and Subway. I figure I'll start with healthy fast food, then move to eliminating the fast food all together.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i do enjoy chipotle...i mean if you do veggie it is ok for you...but then i always get the steak.

i have been munching on TLC Kashi crackers..YUM.

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm still alive. :p

12. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    to make chipotle fall in line with any goals you have i reccomend getting the salad bowl instead of the burrito. the rice adds HUGE amounts of calories and the tortilla adds a lot of fat. they will add all the stuff to the lettuce. pretty tasty. just skip the dressing. i think its gross.

13. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah, I'm of the school of thought, if I'm gonna eat out, I might as well enjoy it. And lettuce and I do not get along for some reason. [face_plain]

But I think I'm going to stick with the sushi. I'm learning to make it, so hopefully I can do that at home. BTW, did you know they use sugar in sushi rice?? Not much, but still, I had no idea.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i did not know that....booo, here you think it is all healthy for you.

well i have 9 to go before Starfest...didn't get out to walk today, my ankle is hurting from the weekend and I did a lot of house work the past two days, probably standing on it doesn't help much.

I want to get out and get to the park tomorrow, it is going to be close to 70!!!!

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I'm not going to exercise until Thursday. That fall I took down the stairs yesterday did more damage than I thought. A little concerned that I can't raise my right arm all the way over my head, but I'm gonna give it some time before I worry. Figure 3 days should be enough to feel well enough to do some walking or light jogging.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    that is a good idea. i am glad that you weren't hurt too badly, probably good idea to take it easy.

I totally messed up my ankle, hoping tomorrow i can get outside and enjoy it. I did pretty well today, i ate left overs, turkey sloppy joes. 99% fat free and whole wheat buns and baked lays. Had a banana and a english muffin with peanut butter and strawberry. no sugar added peanut butter and preservatives.

doing ok i think...:)

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    We had a potluck today at work. My diet is totally screwed for today. Damn that group of gluttons I work with!!

18. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Wow, yum and smart. Good job.

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    thanks we will just see if it does any good. had my kashi cereal w unsweeten rice milk this morning for breakfast. YUM!

20. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I am so unmotivated right now. After all this painful dieting, I actually gained a pound instead of losing anything. Maybe it just water weight, but still very discouraging. :(

21. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    dont let the scale discourage ya T. it can be quiet the tricky little bugger. just go with what you want. just focus on what you should be doing as far as diet and exercise. i would say only way urself once a week. at most. let ur clothes and how you think you look guide your actions more than a scale. I would have shot myself if i let the scale bother me. my Wii Fat charts look like stock market spread. a little up, a little down. a some more down. HUGE up. then back down.

per my MD orders i have to up my protein since im not eating enough [face_beatup] . found a good way. mix it with starbucks.

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks. The thing is, I need something to continue to motivate me to stay on the diet. Why should I be miserable if it isn't doing any good? Whereas if I can see that it's helping, that gives me the motivation to stick with it. Plus, keeping myself on the diet on my own is one thing; it's almost impossible eating out with friends, which means I either avoid going out with friends or I don't eat, or I break the diet. *shrug* I've been weighing myself twice a week on a schedule. Again, it's the motivation thing. You're probably right that once a week would be better if I can get myself to wait that long.

I wasn't exercising before - too many hours at work, and too tired when I get off. I started walking middle of the week, though. My initial goal is to get at least 2 miles a day, or more if I can manage it. They're broken up in 1 mile batches: 1 mile in the morning before work if I wake up early enough; maybe a mile at lunch if I have time at work, and then a mile in the evening. For the mornings, I jog the first half mile, though it is slow and downhill so it doesn't count quite as much. The treadmill in the evenings I put on hill for more of a workout. But my thighs are really feeling it the last day or so.

23. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I would say find positive motivators. being miserable is a personal discourager for me. to each their. I have had a awesome pic of Hal Jordan (green lantern) up for a while as a motivation for me. since thats a costume i want to do and it really requires being in great shape. no room for error on that costume.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, being miserable is depressing, yes. The motivator for me is making progress. I will deal with restricting what and where I can eat if I know I am making progress towards my goal - it makes it worth it. And yeah, costumes are one thing that do motivate me. Before I start making anything new, I want to get my weight down so that it will look better and fit. I've got a couple in mind that this will effect. So that and other things motivate me... it's just hard to keep doing it when it's not working.

I was bad last night. Someone gave me strawberry mochi as a birthday present, before they found out I was on a diet. I served most of it to company for dessert last night, but still had two for myself.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    i was sick sick sick...and i lost 4 lbs!! hehehe NOT my idea of fun AT all...but hey got to take what i can get.