main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info New movie every summer beginning 2015 confirmed.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by TheBBP, Apr 17, 2013.

1. kegs202

kegs202 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    This is brilliant news. Not so long ago I was thinking there would be no more Star Wars (at least on the big screen) and here I am today looking forward to many years of more brand new Star Wars movies.

2. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well this confirms that Episode VII will be released in 2015 and won't be delayed so that's awesome. I'm really excited for these spin-offs to say the least and can't wait to start getting more information on them. It's really crazy to think that three new Star Wars films are in at least early pre-production. Who could have even thought about that on October 29, 2012! :D

4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I thought they were going for a movie every 2-3 years, not every year.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I was also thinking that this confirms a summer time release for Episode VII. A new movie every summer is pretty specific. They could have released Episode VII at Christmas and it would still count as 2015, but this pretty much squashes that idea.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Dear Disney:

QUALITY CONTROL.

You had me at Hello. I'm there. Just don't **** it up.

7. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Yeah, you have to worry about quality if they want to start churning these things out like a production line.

But, we'll see

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    The amazing thing is: a SW movie every year. As a fan, it's almost an abundance of riches. And if you didnt like one film, you wouldnt have to wait three years for another one to see if it's good.
    We SW fans are going to become very spoiled.

JainaSoloYJK, dolphin, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  9. seasider

seasider Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    If they're sticking to 2015 then I hope they have plans to start casting and shooting Episode VII soon. When Lucas was in charge, getting a Star Wars film made was almost a 3 year process. Of course Disney has more resources at their disposal but I'd hate to see this movie become a post production rush job where they're still tweaking the movie days before release.

10. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    No they don't have any plans whatsoever. They're just sitting back and waiting for the Force to shoot the movie. :p

Disney knows how to make movies. Let them make the movies. Let us sit back and enjoy the times we are living in.

11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Time to milk the hell out of Star Wars. I'm sure it'll be dry by 2020.

12. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001

They've been milking Star Wars for years now, just not in movie form.

13. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    It's different now. We have a new owner. And I'm sure they would do anything to thoroughly rape milk the franchise. ;)

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, they said that in 79 when a SW sequel was announced too. And in 83. And in 91 with the first Zahn novel. And in 97 with the SEs.

SW will never run dry as long as the fans are what they are: the most diverse and multi-generational fanbase in any franchise period.

We have freaks, geeks, nerds, normals(whatever that is), jocks, metalheads, artistes, kids, grandmas, parents, christians, zen masters, atheists, etc etc.

SW fandom runs far and wide.

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    That was under LFL alone, though. I'm not going to submit to that until I see what Disney has planned.

"Movies once a year" could be a deadly sign or a something good. I'm still leaning toward the former.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Marvel and the Avengers say hello, while still going strong

17. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Well I'll tell you this my friends you can't fault Disney for not being ambitious, still though I'm still worried that they can meet that summer 15 deadline. Being in the film industry myself I know how the schedules work, production would have to begin no later than October and that means filming. Casting, crew, sets, locations, and script all have to be completed by the time filming begins, thats a ton of work to get done in 6 months especially since your director really wont be fully committed until after all his press demands are completed for Into Darkness. Is it possible yes but it will be very hard, if they do begin in October that's means you got a good solid 6 months of primary filming. Which allows ILM a full year to complete SFX, that brings us to March of 15 which allows Johnny ( only assuming it will be the Maestro) a full month to score the film. If Disney does set their sights on a the tradtional late May opening (which I believe would a huge mistake putting both Avengers and EP7 in the same month) J.J would have a Month or two from the end of scoring to put final touches. Hard hard schedule and with Disney sticking firm on a summer 15 release J.J is in for a ton of sleepless nights.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Obviously when Disney wants to distribute and says "Disney-Lucasfilm," you know they want to be more involved. ;)

19. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    You missed all the "Disney-Marvel" comments then

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    All I know is that for years I thought the Star Wars feature films were dead and I would never again experience the thrill of seeing a new movie in theaters. Now that is the furthest thing from the truth and I'm looking forward to an abundance of new films including the much anticipated ST. I'm incredibly excited and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. If its sub par then I still have the six films that I love and the possibility that future films will be better. But I won't let my worries sour my excitement and will wait until I actually see them to form an opinion.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    For profitable reasons and financial, LFL is closely monitored and looked after by Disney, per many news sources. From what I've seen previously, LFL normally has the Disney tag near it while Marvel is just Marvel (I am not saying that Disney loves one better than the other. I don't know that). SW itself stood the test of time and is much more profitable than Avengers. Disney and others know this.

22. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    With SW, its really the experience of the whole package I love. The casting rumors, the rumors of storylines, etc. The whole process of these films being made is the funnest part. The film is just two hours. The time between is bigger.

23. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think this is PURE WIN! Spinoffs filling in the gaps until a new Episode. This really works for me!

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Echo-07 Old Timer Adventures, Starring Han Solo. :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    The whole argument that Star Wars is about to get milked dry strikes me completely nonsensical and based on sensationalized opinions and fears that Star Wars will get shoved into the ground further despite all evidence to say otherwise. One movie a year is hardly milking the franchise when Marvel releases a good two to three a year and makes an insane amount of money doing so, with the Avengers getting rave reviews while they're at it.

2015: Episode VII
    2016: Spinoff
    2017: Episode VIII
    2019: Spinoff
    2020: Episode IX
    2021: Spinoff.

Two trilogies, two different timelines and stories.

It amazes me how people tend to underestimate the Star Wars universe and how vast it is.