main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New movie SOTDS

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by XPOC, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XPOC

XPOC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2006
    Ok people, here it goes.

Over the past month or so, me and the production company im involved in have started work on a new star wars fan movie.

The plot is of a young powerful jedi, who is trained by a jedi knight that is only 4 years his senior. The movie portrays the attempted rise of the emipre on a reminant planet. The jedi are sent to nagotiate with a committe on the planet.

I cant tell you any more of the plot, due to the fact it will spoil it.

The website will be up and running soon, and we prodict that the movie will be completed by dec/jan time.

It is a rather long movie (one and a half hours long).

Members of the production team (mainly me) have clocked up around 20 hours a week of there own time, but it is early days.

Oh I almost forgot, the movie is called Shadow Of the Dark Side (SOTDS) and is being created by XPOC productions.

Here are a few teaser shots.

[image=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/thatguy_ice/mestarwarsls.jpg] [image=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/thatguy_ice/flybyframe0051.jpg]

2. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    What kind of camera did you use?

3. Scott_M

Scott_M Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2000
    The first pic looks a bit too dark considering the background environment.

4. The_Choson_1

The_Choson_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2005
    Is the first pic supposed to look like crap?

5. erus_multus2

erus_multus2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Two suggestions for those pics:

1. If that's keyed out feather the edges (if it's masked out...feather the edges...). Change the brightness/contrast (I think that's what you need to change...) of the person to match the background. Also either make the lightsaber curved or not, it's kinda in between right now. And the glow needs to extend farther...

2. Add noise to the CGI to make it match the rest of the film... Other than that, I think it looks fine...

Anywho, the story sounds good and I don't mean to be criticizing your hard work, I'm just trying to help you make it look better and more appealing...

Good luck in finishing your film. :)

6. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    Oh crap..I forgot to say, the first shot is only an early FX test, and the other is a concept, so that might not make the final cut either.

Thanks for you help, and Im glad you like the sound of the story line.

If you need anymore information about the movie, just ask me here.....its what the thread is for!

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    A nice mature post from the 14-yr old :rolleyes:

8. bobaandy123

bobaandy123 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 21, 2005
    Whats wrong with 14 year olds?

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Nothing, as long as they post constructively, unlike the example above

10. The_Choson_1

Dec 30, 2005
    Yeah, sorry. I was referring to the grainyness.
    What's up with that? Did a Jawa spill sand in your camcorder?

11. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    Lol its actually because that shot was done before the movie even existed..its grainy because I took the shot of me on my webcam. The robe Im wearing is actually a blue hoody, then i photoshopped the crap out of it. Ive put the originals below to show how much work I really did.

[image=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/thatguy_ice/mesw.jpg]

[image=http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/thatguy_ice/mestarwars2.jpg]

12. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    Just too let you all know, We should have some more concept art from the movie (mainly of the valley of the jedi) complete soon. Ill post it on here as soon as I can.

13. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Ummm....please tell me this fanfilm won't be made using a webcam...please.

14. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    lol A webcam...

Of course not. How the hell could we shoot outdoors with one. Were using a sony camcorder.

15. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    does this movie have a website?

16. The_Choson_1

Dec 30, 2005
    ...because that would be a heck of a lot easier, for you and for us.

17. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    Well, he did say that he'd have the website up soon, so he'll probably post when it's ready.

18. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    Listen too darth_Boba...he knows what he's talking about. The site will probably be up by the end of the week.

Thank you to everyone for ya feedback so far...I'm gunna need plenty more due to this being my first movie.

19. Petyamester

Petyamester Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2005
    Webcam! Argh!

20. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    nice, isn't the website up soon?

21. XPOC

Jul 20, 2006
    Yeah, the site is officially launched on tuesday.

I will make a post when the site is live...

...XPOC

22. Z28Jerry

Z28Jerry Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2004
    You had me from hello.....

Production company, huh? Holy moly, this thing is going to be top notch.

Jedi you say?...tell me more....

Reminant planet huh? I've got the perfect idea, shoot most of it in the woods behind your house. Viola! Instant reminant planet!

No you wont, trust me.

According to the ancient predictions of Nostrodomus, your fan film will never be completed. Seriously, I didn't believe it either buts its true....and I trust a 500 year old dead guy's predictions about your fan film more than I do yours.

Then may I suggest raising the bar a little? Only 1 1/2 hours long? Seeing as this is your first attempt I would go all out and do a three hour masterpiece with an intermission at the halfway mark (so anybody still alive by then can find the exits and/or yank the cord out of thier monitors to put them out of thier misery)

Use could get a few extension cords. By shooting in the woods behind your house you would not need to go far, maybe two or three cords would do. Seriously.

Easy, let your 1.5 hour long masterpiece speak for you. May I suggest making your film a comedy? It's going to get laughed at anyway.

Look, I'm just poking fun at you and I know its wrong but I can't help it. Your posts remind me of many newbie fanfilmers, with thoughts of setting the world on fire with thier first project (hey we all have been there, where our eyes are bigger than our stomachs so to speak).

I'm going to hell, I know already.

23. erus_multus2

erus_multus2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Seriously, why wasn't I like that when I first started? Of course my first project was called Stair Mountain, and I was only 7, SO I've had a lot of time to be discouraged about my work being good...Anyway...were you really a fish once?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.