main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Gravity was a thing of beauty...

2. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Gravity was a great little documentary. Not much of a movie however.

3. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The official trailer for Days Of Future Past has been revealed:

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    So, with it being the holiday season, there is bound to be a lot of films to look forward to over the next few weeks. I know I want to check out Ender's Game, Desolation of Smaug, Frozen and that Walking With Dinosaurs feature that was made in Sydney (well, the live action was filmed in Alberta, Canada. A lot of the effects was created here).

5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know it seems like I am here, ah, talking to myself… like Chaos Theory :p

I did manage to see the newest instalment to The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and enjoyed it a lot. I will not spoil anything for those that have yet to see it. The pacing was faster, felt like a ride into new places of Middle-Earth that we only got to read about in the books or see some of snippets in some of the licensed games... a ride you did not want to get off and leaves you stunned when the credits finally start rolling. Each to their own but I really enjoyed this one a bit more than the first one, had that darker feel to it too. Some people will complain that there are events that are not in the book and that is understandable as the films are covering events that took place around this time that are known in the appendices to The Lord of the Rings. The book is very Bilbo centric and could not possibly know what happened to key characters. There are some moments which could do with a bit more time but there would be a chance for that in the Extended Edition of the film. Overall…. I want to see it again but can't yet as Frozen is next on my list.

I should also note that I did see the film in the Higher Frame Rate and with the clarity of the picture quality and textures felt like you are part of Thorin's company, that it is being played out live.

6. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Went to see Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit recently.
    It was a pretty standard spy flick. Having not seen The Hunt for Red October or Patriot Games etc I had no expectations going in which probably helped

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Hmmm… I wonder how it would be for someone who knows the other Jack Ryan films. I've heard it is a safe film and goes by the numbers.

I did see Frozen. Loved it, right up there with Tangled and Wreck-it Ralph. Though it might benefit with cutting down on some of the song sequences as there is more than the average number of songs in there… especially one sequence in particular. But overall, lovely story, gorgeous visuals and a solid effort from Disney and something I wouldn't mind seeing again on the big screen.

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  8. myztic

myztic Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2014
    Captain American 2.

I just saw this recently but i was not sold on it. It is still a good movie, but it was predictable in allot of ways. It will be interesting to see where they take the character after Avengers 2.

Of course it does set it up for the avengers with references, and references to other Marvel Movies.

Watch it because all the Marvel movies are linked in allot of ways. so it is a good set up for Avengers 2

9. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I did enjoy Captain America: Winter Soldier. I do agree about some elements you can predict a mile away but it was still great fun. I don't want to spoil it for anyone but it is recommended to watch this before you see the films that take place afterwards.

Anyhow.. I know Spiderman 2 comes out soon though I've got my eyes on X-Men: Days of Future Past.

Jurassic World (4th Jurassic Park film) has started their first days of filming over in Hawaii. I am looking forward to seeing how that turns out. They did announce that
    B.D. Wong = Dr Henry Wu will be returning. That makes a lot of sense too given the setting for this new film.

Also… this happened…

and I'm not too sure how I feel about it...

10. myztic

myztic Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2014

I am waiting for Jurassic World, i think it will be good.

As for TMNT...i almost died when i saw that trailer...that trailer alone ruined my child hood.

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know the feeling though I will keep an open mind for the moment. I wonder why they didn't use more of the source material in regards to Shredder and the Foot Clan/etc unless there are two enemy factions and one is the true Shredder/Foot Clan vs the impostors… I won't talk about April O'Neill until I see more.

Anyhow… not long to go for the Days Of Future Past:

Apparently they have another Wolverine film in development afterwards and something called X-Men: Apocalypse. If Hugh Jackman steps down from the role, who would you like to see take up that mantle? I think maybe Manu Bennett… I know him as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in Arrow and as Azog the Defiler in The Hobbit films.

12. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004

Got a free ticket. . .seems interesting. . .

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That trailer has me curious now. Got a long list of recognisable cast members. Let me know how it is!

I'm not sure what the next film I will see would be...

or

14. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
  15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Tangled was awesome. We all know Elsa is a waterbender. You got me watching several other ones like the one for Godzilla, AOTC, and more.

There was some news today… they have shown off the new Batsuit and Batmobile for the upcoming sequel to Man of Steel. Just in case for spoilers...

Different direction from what we have seen in the past films. Definitely Dark Knight Returns inspired… a blend of Adam West and the Arkham games suit. The Batmobile feels like a hybrid of the Nolan's Tumbler from Dark Knight Trilogy and Burton's hotrod from the '89 Batman film.

Wonder who they will show next… maybe Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

16. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    So i just watched the movie on the weekend and holy crap such a good movie!
    Did anyone from aus catch the movie? What did you think?
    And if not go watch its really really good

17. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Not yet, it looks ace though.

18. myztic

myztic Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2014
    I did catch this movie... i didn't think it was all the hype that everyone made it out to be, it was good, but it dragged on a bit too much i think

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't seen Apes yet, however I did catch X-Men: Days of Future Past and How To Train Your Dragon 2 and both were well worth watching. I loved it.

DoFP is bold in what it does and leaves you wanting more and to learn more. For those that have not seen HTTYD 1 and 2, well, if you enjoy The Lion King, then you definitely will enjoy these.

Upcoming films… Guardians of the Galaxy, Interstellar and The Hobbit are on my list at the moment for what I want to see next.

I'll leave you with this:

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I know this is a bit late but I saw Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it. Just sat back and had fun.

I know there be quite a lot of us that would understand the very end credits clip, quite a lot in the cinema I was in did not get the context of it.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I would love to have a poster of this.

[​IMG]

Apparently the teaser trailer is coming out next month too

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Interstellar is coming out in a couple of weeks and I think it is something to look forward to.

23. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004
  24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Wonder Woman will be appearing in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and will have her own movie in June 2017 with a Justice League film in November 2017.

Also saw Interstellar and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ahhh…. I want to talk more about it but you are best going in with no spoilers. Definitely something to be experienced and on the largest screen possible.

Also, not long to go!

25. I_am_Kooky

Jun 28, 2004

if only!