main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    We'll be getting something kinda like this. I think it could work.

[​IMG]

I_am_Kooky likes this.
  2. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Okay, new Bond film is called Spectre…. and comes out November 2015! The cast looks good and I am looking forward to it. Most Bond fans probably understand the significance to the title of the film ;)

For exciting news, Jurassic World

It is set 22 years after the events of '93 (Jurassic Park) and it is connected to the established lore from the films and looks like injecting more Michael Crichton into the mix. They have been taking extra care with this production so it sounds like it is in good hands.

Also returning, Arnie is back in Terminator Genisys.

The concept could be good… seems like a return to the original but with twists to take it into a different direction.

I won't cover the Star Wars teaser as we got this thread for that

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Okay… a quick roundup of what I've seen:

Big Hero 6: Very enjoyable, reminds me a mix of Wreck-it Ralph and Avengers. Also, stay through the credits for a small bonus.

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies: Another one I enjoyed, Billy Connolly was fun and wished it was longer. Here's to the extended editions.

The Imitation Game: This was quite good. Character driven story with the bulk set during WWII, based on a true story about Alan Turning.

4. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Big Hero 6 was a lot of fun. I felt the script/story let it down slightly in some parts but overall enjoyable.

Hobbit 3 was ok. The whole thing felt like the third act of a film as opposed to a film in it's own right which isn't so surprising given the initial intent of doing Hobbit in 2 films.

Didn't see The Imitation Game but will probably catch it on digital release.

Birdman: I enjoyed this more than I expected. Some fantastic acting throughout.

Kingsman; The Secret Service. Wow this was a lot of fun! Lots of swearing and some intense violence but the overall send up of the spy/Bond genre was sublime!

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, each Hobbit film does feel like each act of a larger film. I'm curious to watch all three back to back to see how it flows… extended editions of course.

I definitely need to check out Kingsman: The Secret Service. I've heard about some of the cameos and performances and am keen to see it.

I haven't seen Jupiter Ascending yet, I've heard mixed things about it and quite a few recommending seeing it just to experience it.

6. JangoFeet

JangoFeet Jedi Master

Mar 30, 2002
    Finally saw The Lego Movie - solid. Think it created a good foundation for improvement in sequels. And I hope the next movie has pirates :)

Most recent movie I've watched on my computer is The Scarehouse. Above average - some creative deaths but really kind of a waste of a good concept. It was filmed in an actual scare attraction whose owner worked as an adviser. So that gives it a little authenticity. Basically a third-rate Carrie meets Scream, if Carrie didn't have psychic powers.

7. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Anyone seen Jupiter Ascending yet?? Thats the next movie on my list

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    LEGO Movie was a lot of fun. I've heard they are developing a sequel though coming out before that will be a spin-off film about LEGO Batman. Could be fun :p

I haven't seen Jupiter Ascending yet though am curious to see it. Not sure what be next on my list shall be yet… probably Kingsmen

9. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    I haven't seen Jupiter Ascending yet though am curious to see it. Not sure what be next on my list shall be yet… probably Kingsmen

I saw Kingsmen defs worth the watch really good film

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Definitely putting it on my 'to watch' list, hopefully this weekend I be able to see it.

Also curious about seeing Chappie, about a robot becoming self conscious. There is talk that the director, Neil Blomkamp, will be working on a film set in the Alien universe as his next project and not connected to the followup to Prometheus.

11. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013

I heard about that Alien talk, interesting to see when we get a new Alien film but i really need a Prometheus 2. The first one did not do it for me

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I think it might have been the way Prometheus was edited as there are motives of some characters that doesn't make sense but would have made sense if scenes that were cut for pacing reasons were included. I did enjoy it but it could have been more. Definitely need Paradise (if they are still using that name for the sequel) and I think that is slated for a release later next year…. if it is still on track.

13. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Yep 2016 release date for the sequel, not hyped but will be cool to see, still thats next year. Plenty of awesome movies this year to come :p

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed… too many I want to see as well. Which films are you looking forward to the most this year?

If I have to pick three…. then Jurassic World is on top of my list followed by The Force Awakens and… hard to pick between 007 Spectre and Avengers: Age of Ultron...

mauls-menace and MrCody like this.
  15. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Haven't seen too much at the actual movies lately, just don't have the time these days. But I've managed to catch a few on Blu-ray:

Gone Girl - really enjoyed this, loved the twist. They truly are one f#%$ed up couple!
    The Equalizer - not bad, not what I was expecting though.
    The November Man - solid performance from Brosnan as ex-spy, nothing like Bond.
    Guardians of the Galaxy - really enjoyed this, so wish I'd caught it on the big screen, can't wait for no. 2.
    Hercules - enjoyed it, but really it's a vanity piece for The Rock.

Really want to catch American Sniper before it ends it's run too.

Some upcoming movies I'm really looking forward to are:

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awaken - obviously!!
    Avengers: Age of Ultron - This looks like another excellent movie from Joss Whedon.
    Child 44 - set in the Cold War, excellent cast.
    Chappie - looks interesting.
    Jurassic World - Interesting to see where they take the story.
    Terminator: Genisys - If this is done right, it could be huge.
    Ant Man - another Marvel outing.

And of course SPECTRE - I'm a huge Bond fan, so am eagerly awaiting this.

MrCody and Corellian_Outrider like this.
  16. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Tough to choose so many good ones. I do agree with your list other than bond, never really been a fan of them.
    I would replace bond with Avengers that would be my big three list.
    Secretly i am looking forward to the new Entourage movie :p

17. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    haha yes gone girl was actually a really good movie.
    At the end of the day but Star Wars is what i am looking forward to the most. Can not wait :)

mauls-menace likes this.
  18. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
  19. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    I think so, iv think iv seen one before but forget the movie

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Did manage to see The Kingsman: The Secret Service. That was good though some parts were random and violent. Good to see Hamill though.

Yep, I am familiar with the Honest Trailers and CinemaSins. Quite fun, even if some can disagree with.

21. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    I rated Kingsman fun movie but i can agree but i enjoyed the random violence :). Next movie on my list insurgent. Hopefully its good im looking forward it

22. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Managed to watch Fury the other night. Having a father who served in WWII always makes these movies a must watch for me. It's a pretty intense and sometimes graphic movie, but I really enjoyed it.

23. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Finally watched The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1. I enjoyed it though, like what they did for the final Harry Potter film, most of it felt like build up for the last half of the story. Looking forward to seeing how it concludes

I did read that Tim Burton has been signed on to make a live action version of Dumbo. Not too sure how I feel about that but will wait until more info and footage is released. Since we've had Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent and the upcoming Cinderella with Jungle Book and Beauty and the Beast on the way in live action forms… it seems to be a trend now. I know at one point they did have a live action Mulan film in development around 5 years ago but that didn't go through. I wonder what else they have in development.

24. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Caught Insurgent at the movies recently, really enjoyed it too. Thought it was better than Divergent, looking forward to Allegiant Part I & Part II now. There is an advantage to having a 12yo daughter, I wouldn't normally have thought about seeing this series otherwise.

Saw Avengers: Age of Ultron and loved it. Although these Superhero movies do follow a formula Heroes band together, bad guy(s) causes friction between them, in the end they all work as a team to defeat said bad guy(s).

Never got the chance to see American Sniper, but it's out on Blu-ray this week so I'll be buying that soon.

Next up will be Mad Max: Fury Road, this has gotten some awesome reviews and the positive buzz makes me really want to see it.

25. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I was wondering about the Divergent, et al films and never gotten around to checking them out.

Yeah, I enjoyed Avengers: Age of Ultron too. Managed to catch the advance screening, so that was good. You are right, there is a bit of a formula to those Marvel films and kinda takes the menace out of the threat but overall enjoyed it a lot.

Everyone has been telling me to see Mad Max: Fury Road… even though I've never seen the other ones before (yep, I know. Only last year I caught Blade Runner for the first time :p )

I am curious about seeing Cinderella due to all the positive remarks about it and to see how they translated it to live action. Though you all probably know that I've got my sights on Jurassic World and I have a good feeling about that film. Judging by the promotional material, they have done their homework with the lore and making it connect.

mauls-menace likes this.