main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. PHIERY

PHIERY Jedi Master star 2

Feb 7, 2009
    Yeah, Zoolander 2 was a bit of a let down :(

Next up.... How To Be Single or Ride Along 2.

Which movie between these 2 do you guys think I should watch next?

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I might skip Zoolander 2 then and wait for it to come on Netflix.

Out of those options… I have not heard of either of them…. I know Dad's Army comes out on Thursday next week and I am keen on seeing that.

3. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    Yeah Zoolander 2 isn't worth the price of a movie ticket. Definitely wait for it on Netflix.

I just watched Ride Along 2.... I shoulda watched Deadpool again instead.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Deadpool wasn't quite as good as the hype.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Disappointing to hear about Zoolander 2, both critically and commercially. It's even listed in the bargain tickets now at my cinema :/

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Yeah, not really a fan of the first Zoolander so will give Zoolander 2 a miss.
    Hope to catch Deadpool tomorrow, about time we had a good R rated movie.

Caught a couple of recent ones on Blu-ray recently, enjoyed Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation follows the usual formula plenty of action & thrills. Watched Tom Hardy in The Drop, excellent crime/thriller, Hardy really is a very versatile actor. Caught Black Mass, Depp is superb and almost unrecognisable in it.

Some decent stuff coming in next few weeks:

London Has Fallen
    Triple 9
    Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice - Wonder if Aquaman or any other DC Heroes will make a sneak appearance?
    The Huntsman: Winter's War
    The Jungle Book
    Captain America: Civil War - looking forward to seeing few cameos from the Marvel Universe.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  7. PHIERY

Feb 7, 2009
    Batman vs Superman looks awesome. I'm hearing Aquaman is making an appearance. Possibly The Flash as well. Both only rumours.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Dawn of Justice does have potential and I really hope it works out. I've heard Aquaman and Barry Allen will have a small part in it… and also Vincent Stone.

I do love what DC is doing with the TV side of things with Arrow/Flash, etc.

MrCody likes this.
  9. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013

Arrow and Flash are really good enjoy them alot

10. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    I can't get into Arrow, but I do love Flash/Supergirl.

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I watched Arrow for 4 season and then gave up, too much drama and love triangle BS. Gave up on Flash after half a season. Never got into Supergirl and I'm not impressed with what I've seen of B V S. I'm just not liking what DC is doing with their characters and I'm a bigger fan of DC than Marvel. Marvel just seem to know what they are doing lately.

Upcoming movies I'm looking forward to are;

10 Cloverfield Lane
    Jungle Book
    Captain America: Civil War
    Zootopia

12. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Batman V Superman - ONLY to See Wonder Woman.
    Zootopia - Cause.
    My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - Cause I wanna see how they will screw it up.
    Gods of Egypt - Apparently poor movie, good CGI.

Movies I have Seen (recently)
    The Dressmaker - I sadly judged this movie by its title . . . I was so wrong. . . so very wrong. . .You MUST see this!
    Deadpool - Didn't live up to the hype (cause it never was going to) but it was alright.
    Star Wars - . . . .
    Priscilla Queen of the Desert - Yes old, but now I know. Such pretty dresses.
    Mad Max Fury Road - Was better than I expected.
    The Minority Report - Was crap, book was better.
    X-men Days of Future Past - Better than expected.

can't think of any others. .

13. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok so saw Deadpool and really enjoyed it, was good to see a movie & character not taking itself so seriously.
    Also saw Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, really liked this, I do like the DC Cinematic Universe as it's a little darker that the MCU.

Ok, so the BIG question, has everyone seen the teaser trailer for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and what did you think? I personally am liking the dark direction it appears to be taking, and it looks amazing how much it captures the Episode IV look and feel.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I enjoyed Dawn of Justice as well, found it better than Man of Steel. There are some issues that I have with it but that comes down to pacing, editing and such. I am curious to see the director's cut that brings the film to be around or over 3hrs long.

Okay, the Rogue One trailer. I've seen it several times now. I was optimistic about the film back when we first heard of it and was more excited for it than TFA. That opening part of the trailer reminds me of the classic Rogue Squadron games and for a moment I felt at home. The thing that keeps coming up is the sense of scale. Also good to see a familiar face or two. I do wonder if it will reference some of the Radio Drama or if we will get to see the Organas. Yep, looking forward to seeing more.

mauls-menace likes this.
  15. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Batman V Superman was more interesting than enjoyable, felt like all the characters played their part well other than Lex. I do like the tone its going for so looking forward to the wonder women film.

As for rogue one, liked the teaser was cool to see are first look at it. Awesome seeing the Death Star and the AT-AT's in 21st century CG. The feel is different but thats what i was expecting. This is more of an actual war film and hopefully shows the empire as what they should be ruthless.

16. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I cannot wait to see the Wonder Woman film. Suicide Squad does look fun judging by the recent trailer.

With Rogue One… those AT-AT's look like the early prototype versions than the ones we saw in Empire and Jedi. Not to mention the Destroyers are the Imperial I-class so I do like that attention to details.

I saw Zootopia and loved it! Did not want it to end. Such a good story and very well done. I want need to see it again.

I need to see Kung Fu Panda 3 before it leaves the cinema and there is The Jungle Book which is supposed to be fantastic and then we have Civil War and X-Men Apocalypse… so much to see!

Jedi Daniel and MrCody like this.
  17. MrCody

Dec 4, 2013
    Yes! Zootopia was an awesome film, the story was so good and how it really showed common stereotypes and problems in real life was brilliant. Hopefully we get a 2nd one.

Saw jungle book the other day was a good film i enjoyed, it seems Disney are using all these old classic stories and changing them to live action films. I think we have Pete's Dragon coming out soon

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Loved everything about it. Once I saw the AT-AT's, I was sold.

Anyone seen Captain America: Civil War yet?

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Still not yet… I hope soon. Still gotta catch Kung Fu Panda 3 and The Jungle Book as well and I hope to do all that before X-Men Apocalypse comes out as I'm very keen on seeing how that turns out.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Did finally get to see Kung Fu Panda 3 and enjoyed it a lot. Some elements in it reminded me of the Legend of Korra.

Still need to catch up on Jungle Book and Civil War.

21. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

Civil War was good but not the amazing film that everyone seems to be raving about?

KFP 3 was okay for a kids cartoon, I kinda wish my 5 year old would watch it more and Chipmunks a little less!

Rogue One trailer still on high rotation....why can't it be December already?

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Ahh, that is good to hear about Civil War. Does it feel like they are retreading familiar ground with it? I hope it doesn't feel like it is going through the motions.

I find myself not as excited about the MCU films as much as I used to be. I've only saw Ant-Man for the first time the other day (I enjoyed it) but it took this long to see it due to feeling worn out with the Marvel films. It was Age of Ultron that did it for me where a bulk of it was just setting up several other films ahead rather than focusing on itself. That part with Thor setting up Ragnarok definitely was not needed.

I wonder how they will continue the story further on Kung Fu Panda as I've heard they have another one planned. I've only seen the first two Chipmunks films and they were okay but I don't think I will see the newer two...

I know what you mean about Decemeber, we've also got Assassin's Creed and Inferno (part of the Angels & Demons, Da Vinci Code series) coming out then too. Assassin's Creed has potential so far...

MrCody likes this.
  23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Hopefully seeing Civil War this weekend, pay week :D

24. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003

I finally got to see Cap 3 on the weekend. I have the same feelings about Civil War as LANDO_ROCKS. It was a good entertaining film but it didn't reach the level of hype I thought it had.

X-Men Apocalypse is next on my list!

25. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002

I dunno about Apocalypse, I love Oscar Isaac but it just looks like an overblown, Michael Bay-esque CGI fest.