main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    It is hard as I love the X-Men series and I am trying not to get my expectations up for Apocalypse so that I can be pleasantly surprised if it turns out great. Though with some things in the trailer… I wonder if they went too far in a certain direction with all the destruction seen in it… I'll need to see it in context and hope to see it tomorrow or this weekend.

As I type this, I've got the Rogue Cut of Days of Future Past on. Now that one was well done.

2. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Was a surprise to see this posted last night

Alan Menken is doing the score for the film though the music in the teaser sounds like it was taken from his score for the 1991 animated classic. Cinderella was great so hopefully they took what they've learnt from that and applied it to Beauty and the Beast.

I did get to catch up on Civil War. I agree with everyone that it was good but overhyped. Some part could have easily avoided but they rather the big set pieces. I think I enjoyed it more than Age of Ultron.
    Also saw X-Men Apocalypse. I enjoyed it but it felt different. Some parts I really love and other parts could have been done a bit differently or would have benefited from an extended cut. I probably place it in the top mid range of my favourite X-Men films. Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut and X-Men 2: United rank in the top side.

I think Jungle Book might be next.

3. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

Days of Future Past was a great film, maybe the perfect X-Men movie...I think the trouble with films like this are that they always have to be bigger with more explosions and the whole fabric of the universe at stake.

The really interesting stories can be on a much smaller scale which is I think why Civil War was much better than Age of Ultron.

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You've hit the nail on the head. If they aren't careful, the focus is lost when they get too big and unwieldy and then that personal element and investment is lost.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Captain America: Civil War. Quite good if a little slow in parts. Spider-Man stole the show, brilliantly cast and acted and I also loved seeing Ant Man again.

10 Cloverfield Lane. Loved it and all the little connections to that universe. Recommended.

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Agreed, Spider-man was quite good in that and curious to see how Homecoming turns out.

10 Cloverfield Lane had slipped under my radar, been wondering how that was but been caught up catching up with everything else.

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    We watched Zooptopia last night since we missed in the cinemas. We thought it was brilliant. Excellent story with a social commentary and the CG was exceptional :)

Looks like X-Men Apocalypse is in its last days here so it'll be missed. Have to wait until Blu-Ray.

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Watched it on Blu-ray last night too and it is brilliant. Definitely a keeper.

Keen on seeing how Moana turns out, it looks good so far.

EDIT:

Also this popped up at E3

9. I_am_Kooky

I_am_Kooky Sth Aust. Chapter Representative star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Thoughts on Warcraft or Finding Dory?

10. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013

Warcraft the graphics were awesome looked nice, the world building was interesting but as a movie it fell abit flat. Dialogue was not the greatest along with the acting. Still i enjoyed it

Finding Dory loved it, was such a brilliant movie. Its hard to believe that a so called kids movie can make you feel emotional. It was smart, beautiful and funny loved it...Little dory is so cute

How was everyone else experience?

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I have yet to see them… I went to the movies last weekend and ended up seeing a special 70mm print of the original Aliens film instead :p

I've never seen the original cut of Aliens and was surprised to have moments you are expecting not be in there. It was a good time though and makes me want to go back and continue my play through of Alien: Isolation.

MrCody likes this.
  12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I want to see Finding Dory but no one else in the household does. It'll be a rental now.

Up next is Independance Day: Resurgence and the The BFG. Hoping to see these next weekend.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Was hoping to catch X-Men: Apocalypse but think it'll end up being a Blu-ray viewing.

Hope to catch Warcraft this week, maybe ID:Resurgence but not hearing much good about it.

Few coming up that I'll definitely be seeing Jason Bourne, The Legend of Tarzan (always been a fan of this character), Star Trek Beyond, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Suicide Squad, Pete's Dragon & of course Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Some that I'm not too sure about, the Ghostbusters reimage & Ben Hur (why oh why mess with a classic)

14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I saw Independence Day Resurgence. It was good but not great but that's comparing it to the original. It was great to see Jeff Goldblum and those aliens again, battles were good, visual effects were top notch. I think the only things I didn't like were some of the characters were a bit generic, too much comedy and the scope appeared smaller yet it was suppose to be more global.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I have been wondering about ID Resurgence though I might wait until it is on Netflix or something. They are working on a Stargate reboot and I really do hope that it does work out well but I cannot help feel a little uneasy about that. I do miss the series.

I am keen on seeing Tarzan, Ice Age, Jason Bourne (would have thought they would name it in the vein of the previous), Pete's Dragon, The Killing Joke and Suicide Squad for the upcoming releases.

This looks interesting:

And the director is set to work on the next Jurassic film too.

16. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Rogue One trailer hits at 1am Sydney time tomorrow morning - who's staying up to watch the stream?

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    So that's what, 10pm or 11pm Perth time? If it is, I'll be staying up :)

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I am watching the stream, not long to go!

EDIT: And here it is:

19. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Has anyone seen Hunt For The Wilderpeople? I keep hearing good things about it and intend to try and catch it at the cinema before it disappears. Also wanting to see Finding Dory but may miss it with Star Trek Beyond coming out.

I did see ID: Resurgence and thought it was absolutely absurd and ridiculous but also very entertaining. Brent Spiner was in top form!

20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I fell asleep unfortunately with the Celebration Reel. Disappointed that no official trailer was shown, had to resort to a leak :(

I've heard very good things about Wilderpeople. It'll have to be a hire for me, along with Finding Dory & BFG now. Next up will be Star Trek Beyond.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, I wonder why they excluded a lot of people from seeing it…
    Anyhow, I think I have caught up with most of the panels from the feed. The Rebels one was good too. Mark Hamill is awesome, Ahsoka too and that SW Archeology was fascinating.

Not sure what the next film I will get to see is though… probably Jason Bourne.

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I think the marketing dropped the ball with Rogue One at Celebration. They showed more about Season 3 of Rebels. I've caught up with most of the panels on YouTube too, enjoyed it all :)

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Personally I think it's genius to keep some hype 'in the tank', no need to show tons of trailers now when we're six month from release.

I'm super hyped for R1, the BTS stuff was awesome.

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I do like seeing the behind the scenes stuff so I wasn't disappointed by the sizzle reel. From what I've heard, we got more content from that than that trailer.

SDCC… and quite a few trailers. Really looking forward to this one:

This looks fun

and could have potential...

I did watch the Ultimate Cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. It feels more balanced, a better film than the one at cinemas. Still would have been better if they had saved some elements for a following film than all in one.

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I saw Star Trek Beyond on the weekend. Pleasantly surprised considering Justin Lin was director. Loved it :)