main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I finally saw The Intern (a film with Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway). I really enjoyed it and just pleasant to watch. I know that I will be watching it again.

2. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Off to see Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in just over 5 hours time, can't wait. Been avoiding reading reviews, but am loving some of the positive headlines.

3. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    Your thoughts everyone? Saw the midnight launch which is always awesome to see with people who also love Star Wars. Overall really great film loved it. I will not say any spoilers now in case people have not seen it

4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I did too.

I've added my first impression over in our Rogue One thread and we can go spoilers in there with spoiler tags.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Didn't particularly enjoy it, a couple of laugh out loud moments. Not sure why so many people were raving about it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Rogue One - Was excellent, fits nicely & neatly into the Star Wars Universe. Hope to see it again and then watch EpIV straight after.

7. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm hoping to see The BFG tonight. It didn't get terrific reviews or do well at the box office however :/

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I saw Assassin's Creed. New story, new characters. It kept to the established lore of the series and can work as part of the canon or on its own. The past elements were definitely the highlights though there was more emphasis on the present day than the other titles… which kinda reminded me back to the original Assassin's Creed game with Altair and establishing the foundations of the Animus and so forth.

Overall I enjoyed it though the concept had potential to be taken higher but does not reach there. If they do a follow up, it would be neat to see which direction they would go and how much further they will take it.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The BFG. What a collosal dissapointment this was and from Spielberg too :( Besides the exceptional motion capture by Mark Rylance as the BFG, I couldn't connect to this movie like I did with the book. I fell asleep twice throughout it but I kept re-watching it to see if it got better. It didn't and I was so looking forward to this.

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Shin Godzilla. A brilliant japanese reboot of the King of Monsters directed by Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion). A slightly different take on Godzilla which I appreciated, battle scenes are terrific too. Recommended if you like Kaiju movies :)

11. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's a shame about the BFG as Spielberg produces so much great work. His recent one, Bridge of Spies with Tom Hanks was brilliant.

Not counting the Gareth Edwards' Godzilla film, it has been so long since I last saw one. Glad to know he is going strong after so many years.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  12. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Watched movie I haven't seen in years during the week, the original International Theatrical Cut of Blade Runner, my all-time favourite movie. Personally I do prefer Ridley Scott's Final Cut, but I had forgotten what is was like with the Harrison Ford voiceover and the "happy" ending.

13. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Has anyone seen Passengers yet? Am hearing it wasn't very good.

14. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I want to see Passengers though have been hearing the same thing.

With how things are, am hoping to catch Moana first before it leaves the cinema.

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I watched this recently too after watching the Blade Runner 2049 trailer. I prefer the Final Cut myself too which I own on Blu-Ray. An underrated classic and well ahead of its time.

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I heard it was a disaster. I didn't look interesting to me anyway but I heard the trailers are very misleading.

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Kong: Skull Island is looking pretty decent going from the latest trailers. Anyone else interested in this? It's sharing the same universe as the 2014 Godzilla movie.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It does look like a solid film and has caught my interest. I wonder how the eventual crossover between them will turn out.

There are quite a few films coming out in that same month that I am interested on seeing:
    Logan

LEGO Batman

Beauty and the Beast

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll be seeing Logan and I'll probably head to Beauty and the Beast with the wife.

20. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    At last I finally got to see Moana and loved it so much. I need to see it again!

The final trailer had dropped for Beauty and the Beast and it looks so good.

21. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Saw Passengers during the week, I enjoyed it but I also knew what the story was about. Trailers are misleading in some ways and it definitely was "flat" in places.

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Saw Logan, that was good but intense, sad and bittersweet.

New trailer for Wonder Woman has come out and looks like it could be great… I hope it will be.

23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll be seeing Kong: Skull Island this weekend :)

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    It's been done to death!!! How many times can the kill the big monkey?!

25. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    They wont in this one since it's in a shared universe with the recent Godzilla movie. It's called MonsterVerse and they are gearing them up for a Vs movie in 2020.