main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    <facepalm> Good lord no! :p

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Here you go Addie. It is a prequel and unconnected to the Peter Jackson version. it does have Creedence featured in the trailer and some good cast members. Hopefully it be fun.

There is another monsters cinematic universe starting off with the upcoming The Mummy film… not sure how I feel about that. Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde, Van Helsing, Dracula, Frankenstein's creation and so forth.

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The new Mummy movie will flop, I can just see it now. The trailer looks horrendous

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Its got Tom Cruise, of course it's going to flop........

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Saw Kong Skull Island last weekend. Glad I saw it on the big screen and loved it. The cinematography was gorgeous to look at, the colours just popped out. Henry Jackman's OST and the 70's inspired rock songs were spot on, all the actors did a fine job in their roles but I think John C. Reilly was the stand out. The main reason though we buy a ticket is to see monsters fighting and this is full on throughout. I had the biggest grin watching this. Highly recommend seeing this in cinemas guys if you're into monster movies :)

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Mission Impossible says otherwise

7. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I got back from seeing Beauty and the Beast and that was good. How does it compare to the animated classic? Some parts were done better and some parts I preferred the classic one… I'll need to see it again to take it all in. Also makes me feel like watching the recent live action Cinderella film again.

Will be seeing Kong next and that to hear that you had enjoyed it. Got me more keen now :)

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I saw Kong, that was good. Definitely agree about the music and John C. Reilly. I was hoping for a bit more of John Goodman though.

The next film I'll see will probably be LEGO Batman.

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  9. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002

LEGO batman is getting some poor reviews.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing that. :( I might still see it if I get time.

On a side note, I picked up the digital copy of Moana and love it!!

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I didn't like the Lego movie so I won't be seeing Lego Batman. I'll stick to building with bricks :)

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Finally got to see the LEGO Batman Movie and enjoyed it. There are a couple of small parts in which it could do without but overall it was really well done and fun.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Alien: Covenant comes out on the 11th May and am keen on seeing that.

They are playing at Hoyts this coming Saturday night a double feature of the original Alien and the special edition of Aliens along with a special message from Ridley Scott and some content for the new film.

14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I definitely want to see Alien: Covenant but I think I'll be missing it since my son is due around that time.

15. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Seriously can't wait to catch Blade Runner 2049

Jedi Daniel likes this.
  16. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Caught Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 the other night. Very enjoyable, great mix of humour and action but not as good as the first in my opinion. Still better than some of the most recent additions to the Marvel Universe though.

Next up will more than likely be Wonder Woman & The Mummy

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I've yet to see Guardians 2 though I probably end up seeing it on Netflix down the track. Am hoping to see Alien: Covenant soon and Wonder Woman next weekend.

18. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Finally got to see Alien: Covenant, just in time too before Wonder Woman comes out.

It was good. The film was beautifully shot. There are some tense moments but that is to be expected. Curious to see where they will go next with it.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I got to see Wonder Woman over the weekend and absolutely loved it.

I am pleased with how it turned out and want to see it again. Definitely the best out to the DCEU thus far.

20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I'll have to buy this when it comes out since I missed it.

21. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Bought Kong Skull Island and Shin Godzilla on Blu-Ray today, good to see them again :) I managed to get around to watching Logan, didn't like it. Hoping to see Spider-Man Homecoming this weekend.

22. Organafan

Organafan Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2017
    Did you think "Logan" was trying to hard to show that it is an R-rated comic movie with gratuitous cussing and violent acts, like I did?

I haven't seen a movie in theaters since "Alien: Covenant" and "Kong: Skull Island" before that, and that might change with "Dunkirk."

23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Kinda of. Violence doesn't bother me in movies but constant profanity does. I just felt that both Wolverine and Professor X seemed completely out of character in this movie and for a final movie, didn't go out with a bang.

Dunkirk does look very good. It could rival Saving Private Ryan as the best war movie ever made.

24. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Have recently seen Wonder Woman, which I though was amazing and easily the best from the DCEU so far.

Never got the chance to see The Mummy reboot or Kong: Skull Island but I will be buying both when they come out on Blu-ray.

Went and saw Dunkirk on Thursday, in a word... BRILLIANT! I do like my WWII movies, and this one got me a little emotional as I always think of my Dad as he fought in WWII for the RAF.

Next up will be Atomic Blonde and War for the Planet of the Apes.

25. mauls-menace

Dec 23, 2000
    Have recently seen Wonder Woman, which I though was amazing and easily the best from the DCEU so far.

Never got the chance to see The Mummy reboot or Kong: Skull Island but I will be buying both when they come out on Blu-ray.

Went and saw Dunkirk on Thursday, in a word... BRILLIANT! I do like my WWII movies, and this one got me a little emotional as I always think of my Dad as he fought in WWII for the RAF.

Next up will be Atomic Blonde and War for the Planet of the Apes.

26. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I haven't seen a new movie in awhile so I caught up with a couple, Alien Covenant and Spider-Man Homecoming. Thoroughly enjoyed both :)

27. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I haven't seen Spidey yet but I did get to see Despicable Me 3 and enjoyed it a lot.

Also keen to seeing this film and the a great cast in it.