1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    I was going to go see Ghost Ship, but after Piggles reviewed it like that I'm not so sure.

I think the next movie I'm going to go see is TTT, but that'd be true for a lot of people. ;)
  2. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Shara go see it any ways. In its own way its not bad :) And some of the effects are really tops :D
  3. Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Master

star 4
    OUTRAGE OUTRAGE!!! Concerning the FIRST Chinese Jet Li film in quite a few years!!!!

HERO News 202 - MIRAM-AXE BETRAYED ITS OWN WORDS

"If they (MiramAxe) didn't promise to do their best to promote HERO before the Oscar, we wouldn't sell the (international distribution) rights to them," producer Zhang Weiping told Nanfang Daily. This is the first time any one from HERO's production companies openly criticizing MiramAxe.

According to Zhang Weiping, this was what really happened: When they were looking for the international distributor approximately a year ago, MiramAxe has promised them US$ 20 million with one phone call for every two or three days. Seeing the fact that MiramAxe had generated so many Oscar winners in the past ten years and with the temptation of the 20 mill, HERO's production companies finally gave in. However, MiramAxe has only paid an undisclosed mount of deposit rather than the full payment. Now, MramAxe has refused to do anything to promote HERO despite being repeatedly urged by the production companies.

For fans in North America, there is an unconfirmed (that's right! Unconfirmed!) release date - January 13th (It's a Monday!). However, there is a very big chance that the date being pushed back again and again, or being sent direct to video. For fans whose countries being controlled by MiramAxe, the news could only be worse. Will HERO be cut, dubbed and trashed even further? Don't be surprised!

Mr. Zhang Weiping and the rest of who made the decision of selling HERO to MiramAxe: we, the fans, knows MiramAxe the best. We have been yelling and screaming about MiramAxe's notorious bad behaviors for years. Why didn't you consult us before you sealed that deal? Just go online and look for our massages!

Now MiramAxe has left HERO to die. Many fans may never have the chance to see it on the big screen; and many people may never have a chance to decide whether they like it or hate it because they simple will never know the existence of the film.
  4. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thats sucky.
    I take it that means its a very slim chance it'll get into australia
  5. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    The new Terminator 3 trailer is out. Great trailer, but we'll have to wait and see how good the movie is. It's set for a July 2003 release in the US, so I guess that means we get it January 2004. ;)
  6. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    just watched the T3 trailer again and i have noticed that their are a few subiminal shots in there.
    If you play it a frame at a time, around the scene where the spaceship is taking off above the water, there is a shot of a terminator arriving through time in a camp area, what appears to be the new terminator (only machine) and there are quite alot of just single frames of red and white. (maybe they have thought by putting in red frames it makes you think Arnie is a good actor)....
  7. Syrix_Kahl Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean....

he's not???

Curse those Red Frames!!!

I bet they were in Jingle All the Way too!!
  8. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    Didn't notice that about the T3 trailer. There was a shot that I did notice though that looked very similar to a shot from the Geonosian Arena. ILM is behind the effects too, so maybe they're doing a bit of recycling. ;)
  9. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    Getting cable has made me trailer happy. :p

Saw a preview for Bad Boys II (loved the first one, so I'll definately watch this), X2, and Analyze That. Just a few movies I'd like to see in 2003. :)

Oh and T3 comes out in Australia at the end of July 03, so we won't have to wait much longer than the US for it's release.
  10. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. mauls-menace Force Ghost

star 4
    Went and saw LOTR: TTT on the 27th!

Well, what can I say but man what a movie. I definetely have to see it a couple more times just to see what I missed the first time around.
  12. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    We get X2 four days before the US does! Actually it's more like 5 days because of the time difference. The X-Men strike back May 1 this year in Australian movie theatres! :D
  13. mauls-menace Force Ghost

star 4
    Excellent news, I'm dying to see X2. I loved X-Men.
  14. Kehleyr Force Ghost

star 4
    mmm, I remember seeing X-Men 1 in Toronto!
  15. IG_88a Jedi Master

star 4
    Reign of Fire has references to Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
    Which i thought was pretty cool.
    The CG Dragons weren't bad looking either.
  16. Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep, Christian Bale's character claims the fight scene as his own, lol...

I can't wait til Ned Kelly comes out!!!
  17. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    I wonder why... :p

I'm actually interested in seeing Catch Me If You Can. John Williams did the music for it so I'm interested to hear how he handles a 1960s movie score.
  18. Somebody_For_Someone Jedi Master

star 4
    yes, i wonder why...
    i still have to see the Tuxedo!!! And HERO (whenever it comes out). Someone sent me postcards that she got from a magazine. Just seeing these fight pics makes me wanna see it

[image=http://hero.ziyifilms.com/wuming-on-zz6.jpg]

[image=http://hero.ziyifilms.com/wuming-on-zz7.jpg]

[image=http://hero.ziyifilms.com/manga-hero03.jpg] (alright i know this is a manga drawing but they do have this scene in the movie)
  19. Darth_Punk Jedi Master

star 4
    Just saw the trailer for 28 days later. It looks very good. It is by the creator of Trainspotting and The Beach, and it is about a virus that wipes out mankind, and looks from the trailer that there is one person left (Last man on Earth kind of thing)
  20. mauls-menace Force Ghost

star 4
    Saw the trailer for DareDevil on the weekend. Looks cool!!

Jennifer Garner's character Electra look HOT!! ;)
  21. Ayla_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone seen Chicago yet?
    I was curious whether it was as good as the broadway show is. But I haven't had the chance to go see it yet.
  22. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

Solaris comes out at the end of this month. w00t.

Another one I've been waiting patiently for :)
  23. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    Daredevil trailers look really good, but the movie reviews from the US are mixed. I'm staying away from the spoilers so I'll just have to wait and see it for myself. :)
  24. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5

I was going to avoid Daredevil at all costs - especially when I saw the trailers ... *cough*Batman*cough*.

But then I read roger ebert's glowing review (3/5), so now I'm thinking I might just go along if I get a chance, maybe, because we're usually on the same wavelength.

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    I got my dose of movies this weekend so I'm boosting this thread. ;)

I saw The Recruit on Friday. I see why D has a thing for Colin Farrell, he IS dreamy. I enjoyed the movie. Nice twists and turns. I wasn't disappointed. :D

Then yesterday I hired Blurred on DVD. Loved it so much I ended up watching the movie with commentary today, then watched the movie again before I returned it.

As for upcoming movies, I'm hanging out for Fat Pizza now. I downloaded the preview from their website and read a bit about it there too. All I can say is if you like the show, you'll like the movie too (and if you hate the show, you'll hate the movie ;) ). It's a day in the life of Sleek and Pauly, with Bobo, Habib, Rocky, Bobo's mamma and other regulars along for the ride. Jabba also stars in it as a new pizza delivery guy with a bad habit, Claudia McPherson is in it too, and if you saw the stage show then you'll remember Ronald McDoogle when he shows up in the movie. :p

It's big, it's cheesy, and it's in cinemas from April 10.