main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Basically agree on what Scoot said about Hulk.

Speed Racer surrised me. Once u get used to the cartoon world its quite fun. The races i liked a lot. The acting and plot are stupid, but the races were kinda fun, so overall I like dit. I came out witha grin.

Its a bad movie, but its fun.

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    That's what I was trying to tell you when the trailers were released! :p

EDIT: Apparently I'm seeing Hancock at a preview screening on June 30. :D

3. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    So Stan Winston has passed away.

This has hit me pretty hard. Massive fan of his work, and am actually in the middle of reading a fantastic book on him at the moment. This guy created all these fantastic film icons that will live on for ages. Terminator. Aliens. Predator. Dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, all the way up to his latest efforts with the Practical suit from Iron Man. Stan Winston was a true pioneer in his field and can only hope that the Stan Winston studio carries on in great tradition.

Apart from WETA and KNB, Stan Winston studios is one of the few remaining practical effects houses. Dam I miss that stuff. CGI will never replace the magic that is practical effects. Nor should it ever.

4. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Through Black Curtain?

I won a pass too! :D

5. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I saw Sex and the City last Friday with my cousin from Canada, who has never seen an ep. We both enjoyed it thoroughly, for me it was like reuniting with an old friend. Simply awesome!

Taking advantage of cheapass Tuesday, the bf and I went and saw Prince Caspian last night. I loved it, but then I grew up on the books. He hadn't seen the first movie, but he still enjoyed it. Might have to drag out the dvd this weekend.

6. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    saw the incredible hulk yesterday, norton was a good choice for banner but i thought the betty ross character was kinda useless... it was a bit like iron man, setting up future villains and stuff. plus the iron man cameo was pretty cool

7. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Just saw GET SMART. It wasn't perfect, but haven't laughed that much watching a movie for a while. The jokes are older than most of the people in the audience, but if it ain't broke ...

Big thumbs up. Run out and see it!

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Really? All the reviews I've read quote Max's line "Missed it by that much", which is why I decided to see Iron Man again instead of Get Smart on the weekend. Well, that and pairing 25-year-old Anne Hathaway with 46-year-old Steve Carell. Creepy.

EDIT: Okay, before I start hyperventalating, someone else please check this out:

http://hoyts.ninemsn.com.au/buytix/darkknight.asp?cid=2CWF&ml=1#standard

Does anyone else see sessions for The Dark Knight on Wednesday July 16?

Seems to only be at Chatswood, which I don't mind if it means I'll get to see this movie before jetting off for 7 weeks.

9. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Why would Get Smart NOT have that line ???

It's not Get Smart Begins, it's mel brook's Get Smart with a new cast.

And the age issue is part of the storyline.

10. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I think Ki means that the reviews have been using that line to describe that the movie 'Missed it by that much'

11. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Went to the movies today and I wasn't expecting to see the CGI Star Wars Clone Wars trailer... I was impressed! It looked absolutely awesome and I wasn't expecting to hear Samuel L Jackson voicing Mace.

Anyway so that was the only trailer of note, the movie I saw was Get Smart which I thoroughly enjoyed!!

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks Rebel. :)

Saw Hancock (and Keh too!) last night. Could have easily been a re-hash of My Super Ex-Girlfriend but it turned out to be it's own entertaining flick. To quote the movie, "Good job". :p

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Ah ok. My mistake.

I can see why critics might say that, but everyone in the cinema loved it. And isn't that what a Get Smart movie is all about ? :)

14. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    So is everyone, except for Sith_Magician, looking forward to seeing the Dark Knight? Not sure when I will see it, tonight is probably sold out.

15. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I know EXACTLY which post your talking about there Rebel. That seemed like decades ago :p!

Definetly looking forward to tonights screening. Watched Begins last nite, great film!

16. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Going to a double bill tonight, Batman Begins followed by TDK. Excited doesn't cover the feeling I have right now. Especially since my two weeks leave begins in just one day. ONE DAY! ... *clap clap* ... that's an in-joke for those of you playing at home.

17. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Where's the double bill playing at? Thats awesome!

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Just saw Dark Knight. I'm going with Kevin Smith's non-spoiler review -- this movie is The Godfather Part II. It's brilliant. My only qualms are the sonar technology gimmick (too cartoony for such a gritty crime movie) and killing off Two Face after so much time spent developing Harvey Dent (though I hold some small hope that he's still around). Other than that I CANNOT complain about this film.

And anyone planning to take kids along, it's pretty violent/gruesome, some kids might not be able to handle it. Some adults might not be able to handle it too! :p

EDIT: Clone Wars trailer was attached to our showing. WB logo on a Star Wars film still creeps me out.

19. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
  20. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    saw the dark knight last night, crazy, one of the best superhero films of the past 10 years i think if not theee best, heath's joker was intense, im seeing it again at imax on saturday!! this movie deserves multiple viewings on the big screen

21. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Enjoy the trip :D Nice trailer too, loved the use of the proper Terminator theme!

As far as The Dark Knight is concerned, I'm still a little undecided on whether I liked it, or REALLY liked it. It was very much more Heat than Batman, and I really missed the character development for Batman, but otherwise a bloody brilliant film. Really enjoyed ALL the cast, Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart especially! Definetly going to catch it again, and then probably in Imax!

22. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm not fussed about the Terminator trailer... but a trailer I'm still undecided about is This unnecessary re-make, I just hope that it is huge departure from the original

23. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    That link is dead rebel...

yeah an awesome film was tDK. Love all of it except Batmans voice. That isnt a spoiler if u saw Begins: Its the same as before, he just says more.

24. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    Tey this one It's just the trailer for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' *shudders*

25. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    TDK was a pleasant surprise. I may even have to see it again.

Heath's Joker was amazing. Worth the price of admission alone.