main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW New Movies thread!!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by mauls-menace, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Apparently going to see it next Tuesday with the bf, think he booked next week by mistake!

So it looks like it's Mamma Mia instead :D

2. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

don't think i need to repeat all the raves about TDK

but i'll add one criticism: the plot seemed to suffer from people behaving in a way that was necessary to prove the script's "theme" rather than how they would have acted. a small quibble, but it bugged me.

kehl: so what if he booked it tuesday ? go see it now and then go see it again tuesday :p
    ( you know you'll want to ! )

the clone wars trailer looks too video-game for me.

so far i'm keen on the The Day The Earth Stood Still ... despite keanu ( Neo playing Agent Smith )

3. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

saw X-Files: I Want To Believe. It was pretty much another 2 hour episode. Although it did at least try to introduce some ethical and moral questions.

Oh and some critics are accusing it of being anti-gay and lesbian, which seems a bit whiney. Not sure I want a movie industry where characters that belong to minority groups have to be heroic and noble and virtuous all the time in case someone gets offended.

4. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    X-files SPOILERS!

I saw a really boring movie yesterday. I think I entered the wrong cinema as I had wanted to see the new X-files movoe, but the movie I ended up seeing had nothing to do with aliens, the paranormal or monsters. It was some kind of medical drama with one of the characters questioning her faith in God throughout the entire movie. To be honest, it was perhaps the worst film I've seen in a long time. There was no action at all, no suspense, no monsters, aliens, scary things and if I never see snow ever again, it will be too soon.

Just like Star Wars Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, I am going to pretend that this movie doesn't exist.

5. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im SORTA with u Simon. I didnt hate it quite so much, bu then i was expecting just a long episode and got what i paid for.

If you want to see a REALLY bad Movie, wanted was aweful. couple of neat action scenes, one laugh outloud moment, but overall just stupid.

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I enjoyed Wanted for its over the top cheese!
    Looking forward to Pineapple Express, Clone Wars and Hellboy 2 this month!

7. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    ... and Tropic Thunder! Possibly even Wall·E!

8. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Eagle Eye and Taken have me intrigued too.

9. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Great Star Wars reference towards the end of Pineapple Express!

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Just saw Tropic Thunder, first movie in ages where Tom Cruise's performance wasn't his regular schtick (and was actually pretty damn funny). The flick was right up my alley, excellent piss-take of Hollywood actors and Hollywood movies in general.

11. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Just saw The Mummy.

Don't see it.

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Saw Taken: great flick, though the very end i felt was a bit tacked on, and it took a little to long to get moving. Once it started up though, the series was great!

Lin saw Wall E and loved it!

13. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah Ive seen Wall-E twice now, and its fantastic. My favourite film after TDK this year.

14. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I rate Wall-E highly but I don't think it's the best Pixar film to date...

15. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Step Brothers is one for Adam McKay fans - 40 year old men acting like 12 year olds is hilarious (especially with a MA15+ rating).

16. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    I enjoyed Step Brothers, but Will Ferrell needs to do another Stranger than Fiction, before he does another straight up comedy!

Eagle Eye was enjoyable, tho I think I enjoyed Disturbia more.

17. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    A little late, but I caught a cheapo session of WALL-E last Friday. A very sweet story, a lovable main character, and some captivating visuals make it a very enjoyable movie. :)

18. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
  19. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    20 minutes of new Indy IV footage?

20 more reasons not to go.

20. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
  21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Im with Shadow. I dont even want to see 20mins we've seen before, let alone new stuff....

22. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Hang on, are you guys kidding me.

You did read this is a screening of Raiders of the Lost Ark (35mm print!!!!), with a Q&A with Karen Allen, then I guess they will be showing some of the BTS features from the Crystal Skull DVD which is released the next day. (the 20 mins they claim)

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK.

RADIERS.

23. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    I stand by my comments.

Besides, I didn't like Indy 1 when it first came out either... yes, I remember seeing it back in the mists of time.

For a 10 year old kid to say he didn't like an action movie is a pretty big call too.

24. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    I never did like Indy...always found a way to get distracted instead of seeing it. I preferred the distractions.

25. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    [image=http://www.icanhasforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/star-wars-george-lucas-carbonite-apology-accepted.jpg]