main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New MR ! (but are they good?)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Master-Fett, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    Two new quality items will be released by Master Replicas. Sometime 2003 Darth Mauls hilt and the JEDI Training Remote will be itting Entertainment Earth, Master Replicas, and any other website that sells MR.
    The Darth maul hilt looks cool but personally, I like the ones with the blade too.
    The remote probe also looks cool but I see no way to interact with it. Something like a tall clear stand and a cople of sounds would be nice. heck, with a good Luke costume and your Anakin Skywalker lightsaber, you could play out the falcon scene :).

If I can post it, i'll show a few pics

this is my first linke made! DARTH MAUL HILT
    Jedi Probe

2. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    The Maul saber-hilt is something I would love to have but I don't know if I can ever convince myself to shell out that much money for it. Now if they'll make a Maul F/X saber then I'll be the first in line.

The remote looks really good, but there is no way that I'm shelling out nearly $300 for a softball with all the extras. Now if it actually flew around and shot lasers at me....that would be a different story.

3. designhero

designhero Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2002
    I agree on the remote. $250 is too expensive for a glorified model.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I do not know if the ball is going to have alot of appeal to collectors out there. I do not know if I will buy it.

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    It's cool but not $250 cool.

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I agree with Amidala. I would like the training remote, but not for $250. Heck, I can get a working Jeff Parks lightsaber shipped to my house for $225.

7. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I like the Maul hilt, but there's otehr MR stuff I'd get before that.

Asfor the training remote, I would only pay $150 tops.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I not to sure about the Maul hilt either.

Darth Maul was cool and so was his lightsaber but the hilt just doesn't look that special

9. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I agree what your saying about the price of the remote. However I have seen resin models of it on ebay go for $275.00 and above. But I for one rather have an exact replica and pay the price.

Just my $0.02

citizenjohn

10. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    The Maul hilt is pretty cool but the remote is worthless in my opinion. I don't see how it could be interactive.

11. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I totally want the Maul saber. I've been waiting for this one :)

12. bantha_poodoo

bantha_poodoo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    I, for one(apparentley the only one) cannot wait for the remote. I'm getting my first saber (vader) out of layaway next week, and then I'm starting over again with the remote.

How are you going to get a saber and pass on the remote? They are collectibly intertwined.

13. FlintD

FlintD Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2000
    And how is a lightsaber hilt interactive?

"Glorified model" is a gross simplification of that prop.

$250 too much? Go out and buy ALL the supplies/parts you need to make your own studio accurate remote. Wanna guess how much you will spend?

From the VP of Product Devlopment at MR:

"FYI: I produced the master pattern for MR. It had 214 separate parts and took me 70 solid hours to do. I was able to find 95% of the original kit parts in the correct, rare scales.

Lucas supplied some GREAT very-high rez pics as reference and as Tripoli mentioned, we went to the MOM and took lots of close-up pics as well.

We then constructed a 3D model in Solidworks using dimensions taken from the original for the tooling company to use for their steel patterns.

The MR replicas are made from injection-molded ABS and PVC and each replica is composed of 175 SEPARATE parts. We wanted to replicate the kit-bashed look of the original. I wanted to stay away from the "one-piece cast" look.

The replicas have all of the undercuts and separation lines that were visible upon close examination of the original.

We also have steel weight/reinforcement inside which gives it a nice heft. It actually feels like a real device when you hold it."

"Also, The acrylic holder for the TR is indeed designed to create the floating effect. When it is on a table-top, you can walk almost 270 degrees around it and not see the acrylic support arm.

We also went to the extra expense to have the tool custom-polished to a VERY high gloss. It looks more like crystal than plastic. I spec'd that I wanted it to look like the I-MAC cube casing and they knew exactly what I was talking about.

We looked at magnetic levitation, but the magnets were so powerful that they would be risky around computers and magnetic tapes. Plus the TR would have to be very light and we wanted it to be heavy like a real device."

14. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    The training remote is cool - very nostalgic - but it is definitely low on my list of "must haves." The Maul saber, on the other hand...

15. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    With all do respect how many MR do you acutally have MF?

I think they are cool,but I can't afford any

I don't have any,where do you get the money?

16. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    to answer your question drac, I dont have any...

untill i can get a job i'm just an non vintage, 3 3/4 collector, and i open.

But once i get a job, even minimum wage, i will collect all sorts of things and not open (or get 2 copies) but untill then, i'm a small time collector.

Now just because i'm a small time collector, i know alot. I've been here a while and you all know how knowledgeable i am at not only collecting but facts too. I guess this is my learning stage, by the time i'm 16 i'll know all about what to buy and what to skip.

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    ohh,I almost thought you got a $300 dollar allowance. [face_laugh]

Stupid me [face_plain]

18. Master-Fett

Sep 25, 2002
    Yes.Stupid.You.

[face_pissedoff]

;)

19. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I've ordered the remote. It's the only prop replica that has been released that I have wanted.

That is, except for the Luke's lightsaber that was released by Icons. But at the time I didn't have the income to make such a purchase. Now things are different and I don't feel at all put out for $250.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.