main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Myspace type social network site for Star Wars fans only.

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Kit_Nihilus, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit_Nihilus

Kit_Nihilus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2007
    I am excited to announce to you all the coming of a brand new era for Star Wars lovers and social networking.

I'm sure you all have a Myspace.
    Well now you have a site just like Myspace (but better with more features) just for Star wars lovers.

http://www.starwarsspace.net is now up and running.
    StarWarsSpace.net is made for you the Star wars lovers.
    Please come on down and create your profile today..

If you like Myspace,Tagged,Facebook or any of the other social network sites and you are into Star Wars your will LOVE
    http://www.starwarsspace.net

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Seems like an interesting idea. I'm not a fan of the design, mainly because it's based on that of MySpace (I'm a Facebook person myself), but you clearly put a great deal of effort into this. What exactly was involved in getting your layout to be like MySpace? How many members do you have so far? What types of goals do you have for this project? Are you worried about being sued by MySpace? Just kidding on that last one. :p

3. Kit_Nihilus

May 9, 2007

Well to answer some of your questions.
    As of now we have about 1500 members.

Our goals are to have the people that love social networking and Star Wars use Starwarsspace.net as their home.
    I know for a fact there is probably a million Star wars Profiles on Myspace alone.
    So my goal would be to get them to switch over.

It` off to a good Start,now a little over a month old.

Some of our features are *Unlimited Pic Uploads*
    *Unlimited Video Uploads.
    *Live Chat*
    *Forum*
    *Groups*
    *Blogs*
    *Events*
    *Music uploads*
    *Easy to customize the look of your profile & much more!. and all 100% free!

4. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Fifteen hundred? :eek: Wow! That's great! What type of advertisement did you do to get that many members so far? How many of those fifteen hundred people are active in their profiles?

5. Kit_Nihilus

May 9, 2007
    Well only being a little over a month old its hard to say how many are active often.
    Im guessing more then half check in once a day.
    I don`t know how we got so many mambers so fast.
    But I guess the fact that I have 13000 Star Wars lovers on Myspace and run 3 other SW related websites
    lajedi.com,Force-fx.com and the Force-fx.com Jediarchives forums helped get word out there...

One cool Star Wars space fact we just have the 10,000 picture uploaded to the site.
    That is kind of cool.

6. Brandon Rhea

Jun 26, 2004
    Wow, that's quite a lot for only one month. You guys must have found the secret to success. :p

7. AquaxCamus

AquaxCamus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2007
    Quite interesting, however, I have enough trouble keeping up with myspace and facebook...

And yeah.. the livejournal too. Good to know; but I'd rather have a few contacting spaces and blogs to eliminate confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.