Hi New Name for a New Era

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DancingBobcat, Dec 5, 2012.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. DancingBobcat Jedi Padawan

Hi, everyone! I'm a returning poster (with a new ID) who wandered away after the prequel trilogy when it looked like ther were no new films on the horizon. After "live series" rumors bogged down, and the Clone Wars animated film turned out to be more kiddie-fare than I expected (which I took as a reminder that these are essentially kids' movies with themes in which adults can invest themselves), I stopped following Star Wars very closely.

I read several of the novels that have been published since ROTS came out, but in the meantime I've also had two children who, through very little input from me, have discovered Star Wars and fallen into its magic. My two-year old even asked to be "R-E-T2" (R2D2) for Halloween after watching ANH with his big sister, who is 5 and pretends to be "Pat-may" in between dressing up like various Disney princesses--which I guess now technically includes Princess Leia! They are still discovering the existing 6 films, but by the time Episode IX gets under way my daughter will be old enough to speculate with me, which is something I never expected. If, as I've heard, there will be more films beyone IX, then my little Halloween-astromech buddy will eventually be right there with us, and I'm already looking forward to the discussions we'll have about the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

I'm excited to get back into the rumors, speculations, critiques, criticisms, and every type of discussion about what the future of the Star Wars franchise holds. As Han Solo says, "This is where the fun begins. . ."
  2. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 9
    Last edited by Admiral_Volshe, Dec 5, 2012
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 8
    Welcome back. You probably know the drill, but as Volshe offered, if you happen to need assistance, use this thread as your personal 'tech support' area.
    Last edited by A Chorus of Disapproval, Dec 5, 2012
Moderators: Skiara