main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[New] NEW Essential Guides?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PadmeA_Panties, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeA_Panties

PadmeA_Panties Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    In the remainder of 2007 and for 2008 are there any planned [NEW] Essential Guides?

What Essential Guides would you like to see? What ones would you like to see revisited?

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    The Essential Guide to Hot Pilots

With Corran Horn and Wes Janson on the cover.

3. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    All I want is an EG to DR, so that we can have a lot of pictures and extra infromation on the NJO-LOTF time period. :p

4. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    EG to DR? ...Does that mean an Essential Guide to just Del Rey?

5. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Essential Guide to the Clone Wars
    Essential Guide to the Empire
    Essential Guide to the Rebel Alliance/New Republic
    Essential Guide to the Old Republic
    Essential Guide to the Mandalorians
    and etc.

Also I would want them all written by Abel and Dan, and illustated by Joe and Chris.

6. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    How about a guide that covers all of the different governments, businesses and stuff along those lines? Not sure how well it'd sell but I'd probably buy it.

7. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    To their big series, yes. From NJO to LOTF there has been a criminal lack of extra, non-book information, and an even more criminal lack of images.

8. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    I've yet to read it - although I own it, but doesn't the new Chronology fill in much of those gaps (sans LOTF of course)?

9. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    It's not so much that there's gaps, that I feel there is little more than the core storyline we see in the books. No real side arcs, we don't see other people doing other things during this time frame. Like how the WEG sourcebooks would have a lot of side information and throw away lines that really helped flesh out the NR era.

10. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Essential Guide to Genealogy and Essential Guide to Conflicts.

I'd also like to see the Characters EG revisited, but instead of just one book, have two, split up between film characters and EU characters.

11. PadmeA_Panties

Oct 25, 2003
    How much would there be to one on Genealogy?

The Skywalkers family, the Solos family, the Lars family, the Halycon/Horn family.... who else?

12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Seems like kind of a pointless distinction, considering the number of theoretically film characters who might as well be EU constructs since that's where most of their characterization took place. (Wedge is an obvious example, as well as pretty much any of the Cantina and Jabba's Palace aliens.) The characters with significant development on G-canon celluloid can be counted on both hands and maybe a foot if you use your imagination.

Plus, what do you do with Aayla and Quinlan? :D

The Antilles/Fel family is another pretty big one.

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The Antilles/Fels as mentioned above, The Organas, the Fetts, the Palpatines(though they'd never do it), and the Katarns(Kyle - The Galaxy.)

14. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005
    The House of Tagge is actually what brought that idea to mind.

The point is that more obscure film characters get coverage, but more importantly, the EU one would be allowed to really[/i] delve into obscurity. As much as I loved the NEGTC, where was Tremayne? And yet...Sienar? And there's some other examples that I've forgotten, but, basically, I'd like to see some EGs that are free from having to include the film information that we already know by rote, and allowed to flesh out the loose strands of the EU.

15. Kast_Morben

Kast_Morben Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    There is the Essential Atlas coming out next summer.

16. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The Essential Guide to the Legacy Era, that's what I want.

17. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

That's a good question: what guides would you like to see?

Well, we've already gotten several aliens and characters. We've gotten starships and worlds. Technology. Itimeline chrono. The latest on wizardry. What is there to guide, really?

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The Essential Guide to Essential Guides?

19. unknowndarth

unknowndarth Jedi Master

Sep 13, 2006
    An Essential Guide to Galactic Military Forces,with in-depth covarage of the republican,imperial,new republican,yuuzhan vong,GA,and Second Empire military forces.

20. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    A New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels would be nice. (Updated with New Episode III and Clone Wars vehicles)

21. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    I suspect that in about a year or so we'll be seeing an Essential Guide to the Skywalker Family, or something like that. It would be nice to include the Hapan Royal Family, the Skywalkers, the Solos, the Antilles, and the Fels, all wrapped up in one nice bundle detailing all the different members and some nice profiles explaining who their ancestors are. We'll probably see it after Vector is finished (and Zayne probably becoming the ancestor of the Skywalkers) and after we find out if Jaina is the first Empress of the Fel Dynasty or not. It should also give us a true and detailed explanation of how many Fels there are.

22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think we'll see a couple new EG titles (in other words, not "New-New" versions of the existing spread of subjects) over the next couple years, then they'll swing around with a 3rd Edition series of the existing subjects to include new info from NJO/DNT/LOTF and, most likely the whole reason behind a new publication, entries from the 3D and LA TV shows.

23. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003

Sienar has appeared in the novels (in a fairly major role in Rogue Planet), while Tremayne has been confined to a few minor short stories & obscure RPG sources.

24. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

Mar 3, 2005

He was in one book, though. One. I suppose Tremayne's chances are better the third time around, though, what with Evasive Action....

25. ARC-77

ARC-77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    I'd like this. Essential Guides to the NJO and LotF would be good, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.