main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[New] NEW Essential Guides?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by PadmeA_Panties, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Havoc_Wing

Havoc_Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2006
    This. Oh god, this.

--HW

2. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    Still more than Tremayne. And that one book was a rather important one, unlike Tremayne's appearances.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I'd like "The New Essential Guide to the Galactic Empire"

4. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Supporting villain in one rather mediocre book > Most iconic Inquisitor, who is spread (thinly) across quite a few different sources?

Fine, forget Sienar. Sedriss? He's in maybe half of DE II, and doesn't do much at all. Lemelisk?

Even if Tremayne didn't deserve an entry, he could have had an appendix mention, surely. Going by the "major book character" theory, where was Kuat of Kuat? Or Disra? Or Parck? Don't get me wrong, I still love the book, but some of the choices are a tad offbeat.

5. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    No freaking kidding.

What I'd love to see is an Essential Guide to Government and/or the Military. It'd be a great way to flesh out some history, help tie things together (why did Rieekan become Minister of State? Who were the New Republic's Supreme Commanders for Starfighter Command? For the army? What were the major political parties of the Old Republic and their positions?). Inane fanboy stuff I guess, but especially with one for the military it would be easy to stick some battle images on it and have it sell. Go over Thrawn's campaign. Give us details on new ships. That kind of stuff. I think it could do alright; the government one is a little dodgier.

6. PerfectCell

PerfectCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Having just finished reading it I want an actual essential guide to the Force, not a book about Sith fighting Jedi masquerading as some sort of guide to the Force. Don't get me wrong, it was a good book, but it wasn't much of a guide to the Force, instead it was a guide to the history of the Jedi versus the Sith and how the Jedi and to a lesser extent the Sith view the Force.

7. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Actually, if they had females as well, that would be excellent. Syal Antilles, Jaina Solo, Juno Eclipse, etc.

8. sedrynvagor

sedrynvagor Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2003
    I would love to see, a detailed guide about the Jedi, about the order over time, as well as all about training and its members and equipment and so on. As well as that a MIlitary guide would be great as well.

9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Like I said in one of my previous posts, the only real way to enjoy every aspect of lets say force powers? Is to get the entire line of WEG and Wizard of the Coast rpgs sourcebooks, beucase they cover almost every known force poer thier is, minus one or two. You also still need to have the entire line of comic books, video games, novels, cartoons, tv series, and movies since no one item can really be covered in one book. View this book as a supplement and as an enhancer to what you have. I know I do, and therefore anm not that dissapointed.

10. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I'd like to see a revised guide to Characters. The current one is sadly out of date- it stops at Star By Star, and it was also before ROTS. In my opinion, that is the one guide in the most need of some revision.

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Havac -- Rieekan was State Minister because at that time the galaxy was in a state of heavy war. Thrawn, Palpatines -- Jedi Search says it made sense to keep your military commanders close. He was still Statmin in Planet of Twilight.

Only in Before the Storm, a fabulous book of government insight -- golly gosh I liked thoe books -- are we told the Provisional Council is disbanded, as the galaxy cannot rightly be ruled by the decisions of a chosen few.

Ben-Khil-Nahm . . . I miss that Senate Speaker. His dignity pollutes the breezy half-efforts that are most SW books these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.