main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx New new on the Twin Towers...Your thoughts???

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth_Greedo, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    It was said today that it is believed that our own goverment had something to do with the twin tower crash and the pentagon crash. It was done to promote a war that our economy strongly needed. If this is true and a war was started just to promote more money in the economy. Than I hurt that our country would allow so many of our own people die just for money. Your thoughts???

2. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Who said that today? Conspiracy theorists have been saying this since last September. Is it yet another one of those, or has a credible source finally come to light?

3. Darth_Greedo

Jun 15, 2002
    It was on the 24 hour Anthrax Channel (CNN)

4. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    OK, and who did CNN site as the source of their information?

5. Darth_Greedo

Jun 15, 2002
    That I did not pay attention to. I am really sorry about that but I will keep my ears open for more details.

6. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah, I haven't heard that on CNN yet today. I hope they're not dumb enough to post something without citing sources. Any leads on what that is ?

7. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'd say it's a total crock. I haven't heard anything about it on the radio yet, either.

So these people think our gov't created the Al Qeada prganization and funds the extremeist muslim terrorists? I doubt they do anymore.

(I know full well that we funded the mujahaddeen when they were fighting the Soviets in the early/mid 80's)

But there is NO way that our govt did this just to stimulate our economy. So far the only stimulation of the economy out of it I see is hiring a bunch of minimum wage baggage screeners. That's not exactly a huge boom for the economy. ;)

8. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Obey Wann, what's a prganization?

9. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Our government has always supported other militant groups as long as it has served its purposes. Once we didnt need them anymore the gov. left them high and dry. Most of the groups & countries we are having problems with have once been finance by the US.

10. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    TD: That would be my version of typing. :p And since the O and the P are so close together on the keyboard, they can be used almost inter-changeably, right? ;)

11. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes OB1, The "O" & "P" keys are interchangible.

12. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    That would be my version of typing.

It's IA's version of typing too!

Except the keys on his keyboard are all arranged weird and cause him to type letters out of order. :p

13. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    December 18. I've penciled it in! :D

14. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I've heard this same theory too Greedo - I'm surprised CNN actually said something about it.

Right now, it's all the buzz in Europe because of a French book claiming that was what happened. Is it true? I sincerely doubt it. I really do think that there are people and groups out there that hate the U.S. enough to pull off attacks like 9/11, but I don't think the government would think it might help us out by starting a war.

**plink, plink**
    ^.^

15. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    December 18. I've penciled it in!

Sorry about that. Wrong thread. Wrong two towers. This was meant for the LOTR thread.

Now on to this topic. I do not doubt that the government covers up allot of things. In fact I heard rumors about this as early as a month after it happened. Something like this I could not fathom the thought that they wanted THIS! Almost 3000 people died that day. Just sickening.

Many say that the US allowed the Pearl Harbor attack to take place. I really doubt that as well. And that the moon landing was staged in the desert. Sorry I just don't buy it.

That's my belief

16. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Just more pap being drummed up by the Libs since we're getting close to election for the Senate.

I'm not even going to get started on why this happened, but I will say this much.

Jordan offered Osama Bin Laden to the Clinton Administration back in the late 90s, after the bombing of the WTC in 93.

They practically gift wrapped this guy and Clinton didn't want to bother with it.

You can all thank Bill Clinton for the murder of 3000 innocent civilians.

Yes, I blame him for this, and always will.

<moves along.>

17. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I have to say something. No it would not suprise me at all. We are (meaning out goverment) are a very slimy and sneaeky lot. We have been doing this kind of thing dating back to the spanish american war.. We marched our soldiers some 150 miles into mexico started a fight then went to our public and said american blood has been spilled on american soil and we proceded to beat the snot out of em and take what we saw fit. veitnam the Contras come on . its a a sad day yet again but not un expected.
    cant we all just get along didnt we learn anything from SW.

18. skywalkersound

skywalkersound Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2001
    I wouldn't rule anything out. DoD's budget was getting cut, and you know how they are about $. I wouldn't put it past our govt. Doesn't really matter. Whatever keeps America alive, and strong.- My 2 cents.

I know, some of you will probably hate me for saying that.

19. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    I've thought about this a little more...

Here's the deal...

Did Pearl Harbor have to happen?- Your first answer might be, 'no.'... But in fact, the attack had to happen. America didn't want to be apart of Europe's war, but we had to. The war would end if we enterded, and it did. Besides the economic factor alone.

WWII brought starving America into one of histroy's greatest economic times. It could easily be compared to Ancient Babylon, Egypt, and even the greatness of Rome itself. WWII, brought back economic confidence, jobs, and successful times, all up until 2 years prior to 9-11.

So, put yourself in the position of power. You are one of the heads of the govt.- You think different then the normal civilian or citizen, because your only focus is the preservation of national security, and that includes our economy. America's economy is the driving force in the world, take that away, and you'll have one really bad dream. - America falls, the world falls.

So, you're still in the position of power, and you're sitting there thinking about how consumer confidence is low, the economy is showing sign of weakness.- What do you do?

You let an attack like Sept. 11th happen. Why?- So, you can start a war, on the simple purpose to boost the economy, you get budget, you get more power (the govt.). This is why people like you and I don't work for the govt. Because we can't make a decision like that. We could never let something like 9-11 happen, and that's why we are weak. What's 3,000 people compared to 100 million Americans?- Or 4.1 something billion people worldwide?- The answer is nothing.

I feel that the govt. (CIA) knew what was going to happen, and let it happen. Think about it. The govt. Even admitted that one day after 9-11 that US Navy seals, were already in Afghanistan on recon, and placement of targets. 28 days later, we and Britain launch a full scale attack on Afghanistan. Hopefully you'll notice that something is weird, or missing, then, you might to see where things could lead to conspiracy theory.

All I know is, I can't make those decisions, but I'm damn glad that there are people who can, and do, because of them, I can sleep well, knowing that the people on our wall are on top of their game.- Again, my 2 cents.

20. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    "...because your only focus is the preservation of national security, and that includes our economy."

I have to disagree. Security is definitely one thing to strive for, but to focus solely on security would lead to totalitarianism. Governments are formed to protect the freedom of the people, and when they fail to do that they should be abolished.

21. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    The economic surge from WWII was because of the amount of goods and personal it took to fight that war. In modern times it only takes about 1/10 that amount to fight the same war. Although the 9-11 attack was a slap in the face, I just dont see anyway that it can revive the American economy the same way as WWII.

22. skywalkersound

Nov 16, 2001
    Master_Duron: - But it has... Look at the drop of home loans (%), the increase of homes being built, that's primarily what our economists look at to judge our economy. Granted, layoffs are on the rise, but they are tech jobs. We don't need pagers anymore (sorry motorolla)...

IA:- You're 100% right ("would lead to totalitarianism."), but what do you think about CARNIVORE? Or the NSA's satelite program to monitor 98% of every conversation on a phone in the world. We live in a totalitarian state, we just choose not to accept the truth.- The devil's greatest trick was to make the world think he didn't exist.- Just something to think about.

Our economy is part of National Security. Anything that threatens the American Way of life, in any shape or form is subject to fall under the 'clear and present danger' clause.

And another thing to think about, the bombing today of that wedding in Afganistan was no accident. Just like the 'accident' when we hit the Red Cross, then two weeks later we noted that Al Queda was stealing food from it. Same thing, there was someone at the wedding that had to be taken out, and it just happened that 100 people had to go with them.

23. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    SWS - The increase in home building and the decrease in interest rates had already started 8-9 months before 9/11. Interest rates have not dropped much since then.

24. JeddleMaster

JeddleMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 16, 2002
    Finally an intelligent discussion! With people who can agree and disagree without flaming each other! What a decent bunch you all are! How proud it makes me to be in Phoenix!

25. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Granted, layoffs are on the rise, but they are tech jobs. We don't need pagers anymore

I have to disagree. I work in a tech job but I read the more than just papers. The whole econemy has been affected (anybody check their 401K lately) The media is focusing on tech jobs because they think it will sell more papers. Just about all industries have announced layoffs, production slowdowns, mandetory time off, and/or plant closures. Levi's, GM, Ford, beer companies, etc. many small business are going under as well.

If it was believed (and this is derived on the said debate being true) that this would boost the economy, it backfired big time! Besides, I don't think there was even close to 1/4 the troop movement and equipment demand to make a dent in the economy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.