New new on the Twin Towers...Your thoughts???

Discussion in 'Phoenix, AZ' started by Darth_Greedo, Jul 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Duron Jedi Master

star 4
    I have worked in the insurance industry since 1987 and have owned my own brokerage for the past 5 years. Most insurance companies made their money, not by premium paid to them by the insured because most of that was paid out in claims, but by investing that premium in the stock market. Most companies have not faired very well in the last 2 years. In the last month four of my companies have decided to pack it up because they werent making any money. I have even heard rumours that State Farm, who insures 35% of the country, might close down their personal lines division (homeowner & auto polices). The entire insurance industry will be taking increases to compensate for the amount of money that is being lost. This is just a view from one of the major industries of the US and it is not a pretty sight.

2. dustchick Jedi Knight

star 1
    The cynical side of me thinks that, if the US Govt were to contemplate a grievous crime to boost the economy, they would not do it to a complex which housed so many nice, capitalist companies. Entire companies were wiped out on 9/11. That one event embodied an economic disaster.

The angry side of me, well, doesn't know what she would do. I lost a former coworker/mentor on the second plane that hit the towers.
  3. liquido Jedi Knight

star 2
    And to build off of DustChick's comment, not only did many buisnesses end with the destruction of the WTC, but now NY won't even put new buisnesses in their same spot. That is prime real estate that will (in the eyes of a soulless economist) be wasted of its economic potential in exchange for a memorial.

The French best seller Krelia mentioned claims that the Pentagon was struck by a missile, not a plane. I haven't read it, but I must assume that the author came up with another explanation as to what happened to the people aboard that flight. Just remember that history is often written by the victors. A fictional piece like this can often become history if nothing is put up in its place. Of the current crop of American authors, who do you think will come to bat for the American government?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.