main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New "Official Fact File" in the UK

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I went for Boba Fett, of course.

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
  3. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Anyone outside of the UK that would like this being bought and forwarded on to them then send a PM and I can help out

eddie1969 likes this.
  4. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    I'd love to, though how much would mailing to Germany cost? or total costs of the abonnement + mailing? Need to see how it fits my budget first. ;) but thx fpr the offer

5. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    HEY! Stop making the rest of us look bad! :(

GGrievous likes this.
  6. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    As if the rest can't do that on his/her own :p O:)

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Are you going to sell it? :p

8. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Ive no idea how much postage would be. I subscribed anyway, mostly for the figurine, but also to have a look. I already have a full set of the original fact files, but don't know if I can bring myself to collect a new collection. But if someone else is unable to get it in their location then I'm happy to help

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No plans to..haven't seen it yet though!

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, here we go again I got issues 1 & 2 in the mail today, along with the first binder. The first issue came with a ‘Collectors Guide’ which has information on the issue breakdowns, a Galaxy Chart, a Timeline chart that runs from 1,000 BBY (Battle of Ruusan) to 5 ABY (Battle of Endor at 4 ABY). The Galaxy Chart also contains a section with journey times between the most important worlds in the galaxy. Each issue has sections on Battles & Events, Droids & Machines, Humans & Aliens, Planets & Locations, Starships & Vehicles, and Weapons & Technology. Issue listings will be in this order. Note that some sections have more than one entry.

Issue 1
    Battle of Yavin
    R2-D2
    Pistoeka Sabotage Droid (Buzz Droid)
    Darth Maul
    Jawas
    Felucia
    Millenium Falcon
    Darth Vader’s Lightsaber

Issue 2
    The Hunt for the Droids (ANH/Tatooine)
    Droid Tri-fighter
    Commander Cody
    Yoda
    Hoth
    Mustafar
    T-65 X-Wing
    Electrostaff

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    Do you know how to just get digital editions? I'd rather not pay and wait for the paper editions to be sent my way.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Have you checked the DeAgostini website? I think there's a link in the first post.

13. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Did you figurine turn up yet Laj? Ive had #1&2

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think the figurine comes with #4 or #5. I've just had the first 2 as well.

15. Sabreman

Sabreman Jedi Master star 2

Feb 11, 2001
    I'm guessing this is only available in a regional test area in the UK at the moment. It's not available in my local WH Smith, and it doesn't appear on the Deagostini home page.(Incidentally, I believe Battle Games and the Chess Collection were two previous Deagostini Star Wars series that never made it beyond the test areas in the UK and were subsequently cancelled.)

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I didn't see it in Smiths either but I subscribed via the website and I've gotten the first two issues and free binder. Try going to DeAg via the link in the first post.

17. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    Has anyone seen this weeks Fact File in the shops? The latest one seems to be the Darth Vader cover (5?), but I bought that last week.
    Maybe they released two issues in one week and there's a gap. Thanks.

18. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    I don't see a way to just get the digital editions. I live in the States anyway, so it will be a real bitch to get the paper copies. Maybe I just missed it, do you see a way?

19. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm interested

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't gotten any more since the first two came. I think the old one had a new issue about every two weeks.

21. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    OK. The first issue seemed to hang around a bit and the binder and cards issues seemed to come out in the same week. Maybe it's going to settle down into a bi-weekly. Thanks.

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Got parts 3 & 4 in the post today along with the index cards for the binders. I'll post up what's in the issues a bit later once I type it out. There's a note on the covers that this is published weekly.

Edit:

Each issue has sections on Battles & Events, Droids & Machines, Humans & Aliens, Planets & Locations, Weapons & Technology, and Starships & Vehicles. Issue listings will be in this order. Note that some sections have more than one entry. (Also note that this order was slightly different in the first issue. So I’ve changed it to match the new ones).

Issue 3
    Boonta Eve Podrace
    Arakyd Probot (Hoth Probe Droid)
    Han Solo
    General Grievous
    Rodia
    Laser Cannons
    Emergency Firespeeders (Coruscant fire suppression ships)
    All Terrain Armoured Transport

Issue 4
    Creating a Clone Army
    T-Series Tactical Droid (CIS Command Battle Droid)
    Padme Amidala
    Luke Skywalker
    Tatooine
    Chewbacca’s Bowcaster
    CK-6 ‘Freeco’ Swoop Bike
    ETA-2 Actis Interceptor (based on Anakin Skywalker’s starfighter)

23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Does the article on Rodia give some more info on the places we saw in TCW? There was the Senator's compound and a city square, but not further info on the actual location names and such. I'm a sucker for trivia, so I'd love to know if they address this. :)

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Looks like two pages on the Senatorial Palace and two on the wildlife in the area, especially the Kwazel Maw that lived under the palace.

25. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Man, now I'm REALLY wishing I could purchase digital editions.