main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New "Official Fact File" in the UK

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LelalMekha, Apr 17, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I never did hear back about restarting my subscription. Not impressed with Customer Service at all.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    *Finds self having to eat crow*

So after maligning Customer Service I get an email today:

Dear Subscriber
    We are writing to inform you that the Star Wars Fact File collection has resumed publication as of the 1st of January 2014.
    As a previous subscriber to Star Wars Fact File, we are writing to let you know personally about this great news! We have made some improvements to the product since you took out your subscription, which has involved a number of changes to the printed copies you have already received. As such, we will send you the following:
    • Issues 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 free of charge.
    • We agreed to send you a free issue 6 so this will also be sent to you with nothing to pay. You will then be able to start your subscription from issue 7.
    As a subscriber to Star Wars Fact File, you’ll never have to worry about missing an issue. You will also be entitled to some exclusive free gifts*. Your first subscription delivery will include your free limited edition film cell. In your fifth delivery you will receive your free binder; in your seventh delivery your will receive a specially-commissioned high-quality 200mm-tall free figurine of your choice of Boba Fett or Darth Maul. You will also be able to access a free digital version of the magazine.
    Should you wish to resume your subscription, please visit www.starwarsfactfile.com where you can subscribe online, or contact a friendly customer service agent on 0845 1489 255. Please remember to specify which issue you require your subscription to start with.

I highly recommend phoning the number if you wish to restart a subscription. It was pretty quick - quicker if you know your subscriber number. I didn't and the agent took my postcode and we went from there. Maybe I'll even get my Fett this time.. [face_praying]

Gorefiend likes this.
  3. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002

I haven't had any such email :-(

4. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    Actually, just noticed I have.

To be honest, I have little interest in collecting the Fact Files all over again. I stil have v.1 completed on the shelf, and with the uncertainty of the EU, there seems very little point in collecting v.2

5. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    Would be interesting to see if the new issues differ from last years ones. I didn't buy the recent 1-5 so wouldn't mind comparing my ones with anyone who bought the recent versions.

6. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    Anyone having problems finding Issue 12?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm only up to issue 8 on my subscription.

8. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    OK. It's just that the shops usually have them on sale on Wednesday's and went today and all the usual places never had any. (WH Smiths etc).

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The subscription ones come in bunches - it's not every week. Hence my being behind.

jedizapped likes this.
  10. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    Issue #13 now out but still no sign of #12.
    Tried the usual haunts but no one seems to have it in stock, not even Forbidden Planet. Very strange.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Maybe you can back-order it on their website.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    jedizapped - I received my next subscription pack in the post today and it does contain issue #12. (Cad Bane is on the cover). However, I did notice that the issue and the cover were not attached - it looks like a glue issue in production. The other 3 were fine. Perhaps the issue was pulled from retail because of that problem? You might try asking in one of your usual haunts.

13. jedizapped

jedizapped Jedi Master

Sep 15, 2003
    Thanks for letting me know. I did contact DeAgostini via facebook and they didn't think there was a problem with that issue's distribution. I tried Forbidden Planet but they only had back issues up to 11. I'll try the main shop in London next week and ask about. Thanks.

14. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    That is seriously bad news and would explain my complete failure to do just that via their website (without explanation as to why the 'subscribe' button wouldn't work)...

I have the complete original 140 issue run but was gutted when it ceased that run before content of ROTS could be included. Praying that Australia gets an official release soon...

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    CairnsTony - according to the latest issue I have you can subscribe in Australia. Phone number for the order line is (03) 9872 4000. For back orders use the same number. It's also available in NZ, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong. (If anyone wants these numbers drop me a PM.)

16. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Wow thanks for that! Aus was a few months behind the last time around too as I understand it...

I collected the original series when I lived in the UK which was pretty straightforward but as has been commented on, their customer service leaves something to be desired... I knew Aussie collectors at the time who had all kinds of problems getting every issue. Hope they've sorted things out. I live in a backwater town which at times feels like the furthest point from any bright centre and just ordering stuff from within Australia can be a feat sometimes.

Will give them ring. Once again, much obliged.:)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No probs! I hope you get subscribed OK. Last issue I got was #12 but with the subscription here they come 4 issues at a time.

18. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Are you in the UK? JUst wondering if you know if people outside the UK have experienced problems getting their subscriptions.

19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You're having trouble in Cairns?
    When I was collecting the last round (in Victoria) I didn't have an issues. Weird that North Queensland suffers.

20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    I haven't rung them yet so don't know if it's going to be a problem, I was commenting that I know of others that have had problems here collecting the original Fact Files. Also that buying a sofa here say can take weeks, whilst they 'order it in' from Sydney or Brissie. One of the advantages of living in or near a big city is that you don't have that particular problem.

What you say gives me heart mind you! It may not even become an issue. Are you collecting the new series?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yes, I'm in the UK. I haven't had any problems with my subscription so far. Most of the complaints I have seen here are from US people who would like to get it and can't subscribe. I'd give the number I posted a try and see what they say.

22. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    No worries. I'm off work at the moment and tying up some loose ends but will make a point of doing it tomorrow.

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Over here what they do is send out 4 issues at a time to subscribers, so you basically get a package once a month instead of issue by issue.

24. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Sounds fine. Saves me cycling all the way to check my PO Box every single week!

Has there been any discussion yet about this '120 issues' figure they quote? The original series was postulated to run for, I think, 70 issues, then I saw a figure of 120, but we ended up with 140. Do these issues contain more pages than the old? If a sizeable percentage is indeed new material from Episode III, I would reasonably expect it to be a lot longer than 120 this time around, especially as seems inevitable, we will get a big chunk of new material from Episode VII as well. Enough material perhaps for the series to continue for the entire run of the new movies. That would be amazing, though finding place to store all those files could get interesting...;)

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I think it depends on Disney. The Fact File deal was done with Lucasfilm pre-Disney, I'm pretty sure. I haven't heard anything about the number of issues.