main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

new official fan

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by mortimerrush, Sep 22, 2014.

1. mortimerrush

mortimerrush Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2014
    Hi,

so I've never been a true fan of anything, I've liked stuff but never really cared much. And that's boring.

I love the star wars universe for some reason so I decided to put some effort, but where should I start?

I assume I should start reading the comics first and foremost, but what should I begin with? something from the very beginning would be nice.

just set me on the right path is what I'm asking.

2. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    Hey! Welcome!

Well, there are comics like Knights of the Old Republic and Tales of the Jedi. They're older though, so you may have trouble hunting them all down. Of course with the Disney buy-out, Marvel is about to launch some new stuff next year as well.

As far as "right path", honestly, there isn't one. Or at least not just one. Basically, pick what you like, where your main area of interest is, and go from there. Me personally, I'm more the movies and a couple of video games....and the technical stuff. I prefer reading about the different kinds of droids or ships over reading novels, though not knocking those. Just take some time and look around. You'll find something, I'm sure :)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome mortimerrush! :)

I've moved your thread to the welcome category. It fits better here.

As you found out already, there are many, many ways to start to get deeper into the SW universe. There are games, movies, series, books, comics, rpg and encyclopedia as books or online (like wookieepedia/SW wiki). So it's just important that you start and not where to start. ;) :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

Darth Darkstarr likes this.