main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New OT

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediCouncilBoy, Jun 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCouncilBoy

JediCouncilBoy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    I'll prob. get murdered here, but does anyone else think it would be cool to have an author write a new versian of the original trilogy? Just to see what happens with other important characters, like Jar Jar, Mad Ammedda (sp?), etc. I think it would be awesome to see a new one. Shaak Ti was never comfirmed dead. They filmed scene's that got cut, but even in the Star Wars Magazine in the order 66 thing they did, they didn't list her, and they listed a bunch of random jedi. They could bring SHaak Ti back. Have Obi talking to Qui Gon, and just fill in random plot holes. Does anyone else think this would be a cool idea, or am I going to get stoned to death for bringing it up.

2. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Lucas himself has already revised the OT to conform to prequels. Any remaining questions or issues will either be addressed in future EU works or are meant to remain.

3. JediCouncilBoy

JediCouncilBoy Jedi Master star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    when did he do that. Is it the OT that is all in one book?

4. neo-dragon

neo-dragon Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Get your mind off of books for a minute. :p
    I mean the version of the OT that was released on DVD.

5. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I remember a topic like this a few months back. Basically, IIRC, the consensus was that a new OT wouldn't be written because there really isn't an obvious need for a rewrite. The originals are still functional.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, JCB was referring to the books, not the films.

And, yeah, it's suggested every now and then, but the bottom line is they wouldn't sell enough copies (given that the originals have been in circulation for almost 30 years) to warrant the production cost of a newly rewritten OT novelization.

Also, though sometimes sparese at times, those originals were quite good at times, despite the occasion detail discrepancy with the films.

7. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    not to step on Questie's toes [:D], but it's barely a week old (and has yet another link at the end). No? Okay...

8. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    sometimes starting a new thread is better than a topic change. it's just a message [face_laugh]

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The topic comes up so often it's hard to remember how recent the last one was ;)

Ok everyone, follow your nose to the fruit-flavored fun of the linked thread! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.