New painting

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by BIEREN, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Here is the latest painting of mine, Land in Jabba?s Palace. I just finished it a few days ago I as going to bring it to Milford for the convention but??.

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=landokm9.jpg

..and Darth Maul.

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmaul956vd3.png
  2. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I don't think I am. My car died on me last week so money is going to be a bit tight from now until the end of the year (or until I get a new job w/a 6-figure income :) ). It should be a good time though. Billy Dee and Ray Park are both going to be signing. I already got BDW at C#, but would love to get Ray's sig sometime.

BTW, welcome to the boards Bieren! If you want more info on this con, you can check out our dedicated thread to it here:

http://boards.theforce.net/boston_ma/b10095/24410650/p1/?7
  3. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    thanks Darth Wormie. Cool name; I haven't read the book in a while and forgot about Luke's nickname. I usually post artwork over at the Fan Art thread, but thought I'ld check in with my nieghbors, to see who is going to Milford. I think I'll come back.
  4. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome to the Boston forum, Bieren. We're hoping you can make it to a future meet. :D
  5. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Glad you got it! Alot of people ask where I got 'Wormie' from. :)

So where do you hail from? There are a few of us both here and on the Foxboro boards from the MetroWest area (including myself).

Hope to see you around.
  6. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Actually. I live in CT, but I plan on going to the Milford convention.
    As for someone not knowing who Wormie is... what would Fixer and Tank think.
  7. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    This is my newest painting of Darth Maul (12"x16", oil on canvas) I hope to get it signed, what do you think.

http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dmaul956vd3.png
  8. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice work! Did you go to school for art or are you self taught?
  9. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I recently completed a Masters in Illustration, but before that I was primarily self taught.
  10. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, congrats. Where'd you get your masters, if you don't mind me asking?
  11. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
  12. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Who is attending thic convention
  13. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe the guys over on the Foxboro are going for their October meet. Unless some family commitment raises it's head, I plan on being thre as well.
  14. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh, my fault. I actually meant who famous is going...the website doesn't include Park or Williams.
  15. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    You mean the CR of the Boston Rebels isn't famous enough for you? ;) LOL.

Other SW celebs scheduled to appear include Nalini Krishan(Barris Offee), Daniel Logan(young Boba) and Mary Oyaya (Luminara Unduli).
  16. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Thanks, where do you get this info, is there a website?
  17. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    In this month's SW Insider there is a half-page ad for the con with all the guests listed. Not sure why they haven't updated their site yet.
  18. JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D Jedi Knight

A guy I work with is part of the 501st and from what he's told me, the company that is running the convention has decided to focus on the 1985 Patriots team. The NE 501st has cancelled their appearance due to the lack of Star Wars guests.
  19. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I just called the contact number, from the MF website, and they said the "1985 Patriots have taken up the whole event," and there will be no Star Wars guest, but they will reschedule later. Well I'm ticked off, as many of you know I'm an artist (you can check my stuff at the Fan Art section of the main site) and have been preparing many a painting to be autograph at this event---now I have a house full of signless Darth Maul and Lando Calrissian paintings. Mother @#%#er
  20. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the info JKJOE_D. I was just talking about this event with DarthLucanas last night and we were wondering what the deal was. Too bad :( Maybe that will free up some SW guests for SMF in November.
  21. JEDIKNIGHTJOE_D Jedi Knight

I was really looking forward to going to my first "convention". Plus my wife was going to be at her hairdresser in town for a couple hours, so I had the perfect excuse to escape. I still might stop by for Cam Neely, but his prices for autographs (especially jerseys) are a little bit too much.
  22. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Now that he's able to add 'HOF' to his autographs, the price has doubled. :(

My best sports autograph ever? Bobby Orr. He autographed 2 items for me for free and even shook my hand and commented on my B's throwback jersey. Nicest. Athlete. EVER!
  23. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    I just posted a new painting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.