main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC New Pope Elected

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    All Hail Pope Benedict the 16th...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. eris_of_discord

eris_of_discord Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    yep. allready working on a school report about him right now.

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Seems weird seeing someone up there other than John Paul.

4. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Aye... but at least they agreed on someone this soon... I was honestly thinking it would take another week...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

5. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    So did I, honestly.

6. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'm not sure what to think about this. From what I've read of this fellow, he's the Catholic equivalent of Jerry Falwell or Oral Roberts. In general I'm a fan of conservitivism, but I have problems with exerting religious power to control secular politics. Right or wrong, it's their soul. God gave us freewill. Who are we to deny that of others?

7. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Ah, but by directly influencing others so heavy handily I assume their goal is to take over the world... so the Church can regain some of the glory of it's former self. In all seriousness... by letting the Church "think" for the masses then the masses are sure to get into heaven... "as on Earth so shall it be in heaven" type thing... just my take.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

8. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I agree with you there. And it sounds good in theory. But I don't think that was the original intent of the scripture. It seems to me that the original intent was to "win the hearts and minds" of the masses, not force them into submission.

9. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    I was lucky enough to have caught the whole ceremony on TV and such, but I do share your concerns on the idea of being overly conservative. I caught one remark that was along the lines of Pope Benedict the 16th thinks that catholosism has become too westernized. And there is something I need to do some research on which is, the diffrence between the Vadican and Vadacin 2...

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    That would be Vatican. ;)

11. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Is that anything like CI, CII, and CIII? :)

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yep, except all their Jedi outfits are white and red, I believe. :D

13. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    and their helmets have fluffy feathers i think

14. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    It is my understanding that Vatican II is a document set forth by the Holy Roman Church that outlines the tenets that govern the Holy Roman Church so those ideals and philosophies may be followed elsewhere. Many people have major problems with the Vatican II if the church adheres to it with unwavering devotion. Simple things like mass is carried out in Latin, confession must be heard by a Bishop so ordained by the Holy Roman Church... things that caused the church to fracture over and over again. Again this is just my understanding and may be flawed since I am not a practicing Catholic.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

15. Inept-trooper3

Inept-trooper3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2004
    Am I the only one who thinks the new pope looks like Palpatine?

16. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    Inept: no, your not the only who sees the dark side in the "holy leader." At the risk of sounding almost athiestic or otherwise reliously absurd, I wouldn't be surprised if the Anti-Christ was going to be a pope... Scripture dictates that the Anti-Christ will rise to power and be loved by the masses unconditionally, then it goes into his proving lineage back to david and ect...

Lodreh: thanks for the info bro, I think one thing the catholic church needs to do is modernize just a little bit, mainly that atleast american priests need to be able to get married. I mean heck, who knew that Michael Jackson was a Catholic Priest with the way he carries on.

17. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    I've heard several people suggest the idea that the Anti-Christ may be a Pope. In fact my uncle, a minister and biblical scholar, said on several occasions that he believed that was going to be the case. So it's not just atheists or the uninformed who think that way.

18. QueenMotherTaaChume

QueenMotherTaaChume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Think about it guys, [face_thinking] he is from Germany. I'm Catholic, but this could be the anti-christ in disguse. I'm worried about this one.

19. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    doesn't scripture say something about him (the anti-christ) coming from egypt? or atleast his bloodline traced through there? i'm just trying to figure out why egypt seems tied to this, and i can't recall the scriptures well anymore...

20. Sunafar

Sunafar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    Yah I think he looks funny. His yahoo pic looked like Goldmember to me. I dont like the anti-women priest thing he has goin' on.

21. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Kazuma: I recall something about tracing lineage back to Daniel... though nothing about Egypt... interesting.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

22. Kazuma_Kuahara

Apr 22, 2004
    well, my recallection could very well be off. not that it would surprise anyone hehe. did you hear the one about the USA still being colonies??? it a funny joke, ask hawthor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.