main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA New Position(s) Open - Event Coordinator(s)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    This is a decision that Amanda and I both agreed on, something we want to do. I am just offering our place, starting June 14, as a possible place to meet.
    Whether or not the committee decides to use it, is up to them.
    Plus, Amanda loves LOTR so much that a marathon will happen regardless of any planned event.

2. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Erich, thanks for the offer, keep us posted! Also, let me know if you find a park nearby, preferably one with decent lighting for evening practice. I too am most eager to resume saber training before my blades disintegrate from lack of use!

3. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Yes, sir /salute

4. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    PS ComCom people, if you don't know how to add news to the website, let me know and I can give you a quick tutorial (I think Mason and Erik already know how to do it, but I don't think Alfredo has ever used it.)

Also, the more that's posted on the website, the more I know to check the boards and pay attention because I've got the RSS feed on my iGoogle page now, so I get updated when there's a new news story posted to the site (I recommend subscribing to the feed for all of our users, it's handy.)

5. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    One thing that I am going to suggest to Smudge and Raph (take notes guys!) is making clear two levels of official events.

Basically Major and Minor.

By categorizing an event, and labeling it in the forum, anyone will know what commitment of coordination the actual event will have. Two examples would be Smudge's costume meeting and the BBQ. How I see things going, Smudge's is a minor meeting, requiring no serious commitment of other people, but an open house with a clear setting and direction (and of course the hope of a good turn out).
    The BBQ on the other hand is obviously a Major event. Interest needs to confirmed, how much and what food will be available, carpooling (sharing gas money) to help lower individual's transportation cost, that kind of stuff. Plus, one of the ComCom should be declared the official contact (committed to being there early and answering calls to help guide others there.)

I hope that some of these things can be discussed and decided on when the three of us meet Saturday at Smudge's.

6. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    =D=

Well put, Mason.

7. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Very well put. You sure you don't want to be CR? ;)
    I think that with such a system, it may help people understand what meetings they should be trying to attend.

8. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I likes the idea!

9. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Does that indicate what kind of song we're singing as well ;)

10. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.