main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends New post 8/8--WAYWARD BEINGS--Qui-Gon's first apprentice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    No, post right now!
    "You still haven't told me where we're going," Keme protested.

"Nor do I intend to," Qui-Gon said gravely. "You must learn to..."

"Trust you," she finished in something between a whine and a pleading. "I'll trust you to Tatooine and back, but you are being mean tonight."

"How do you know that's not the will of the Force?"

She answered without a moment's hesitation, arms folded defiantly across her chest. "The will of the Force likes me a lot more because I've got a sweet face and an obedient spirit."

He couldn't restrain the snort of laughter at either description. If you're so obedient, why won't you stop talking?

Still, it was an immense relief to see her in a teasing mood again. For three weeks now, they'd been working hard at meditation, at calming her soul and reestablishing the bond of trust that they'd once gained without trying.

It was often difficult to work past the fears and use the nightmares rather than subduing them, so they made nightly excursions to various places. She was quickly becoming a fan of the Senate Arboretum, since it seemed to put her in touch with constance, so they always ended their evenings there. Most nights, they would find a new restaurant or try a game from some world they'd never visited.

She joked that they were doing the will of the Force because if they were ever assigned there, they could simply negotiate the peace treaty over a raucous game of kukufis. It was a weak attempt at rationalization, but he cherished it because she was learning to make light of life again.

"We're here," he murmured, dialing back the shade of the viewports.

Immediately, neon monstrosities assaulted his eyes. His eardrums exploded under the force of the noise, the agonized screams and relentless sobbing.

"You didn't," Keme gasped.

He turned a long-suffering smile on her. "I wish that were true, but I made a promise back on Tatooine."

She launched herself into his arms, face buried in his shoulder as though she were a grateful child of seven instead of a world-wearied young woman of seventeen.

"Easy," he soothed. "If you don't let go soon, we'll miss the concert."
    There were certain advantages to being a personal friend of the Chancellor's. Customs inspections went more smoothly, inspectors tended not to linger as long, and you could request any small and simple thing.

Including front row seats to the Bucky and the Starboys concert.

Chancellor Umaa had laughed when he made the request. "I assume I don't even want to know why you're a fan."

"You assume correctly," he growled.

Keme was in such transports of ecstasy that he was momentarily concerned that she'd send herself back to the medwing. When she insisted on dancing with him to "My Star-crossed Girl," he'd wondered if her sanity had been destroyed as well as her eardrums.

His certainly was.

Finally, after the agony of Chuckling with the Chicks had passed, a relative quiet fell over the crowd as Bucky waved them towards silence.

"We're going to need some audience participation," he began and was automatically drowned out by thirty-thousand screaming girls.

"No, no," he chided. "We can't take volunteers. We've picked our favorite already..."

Keme sagged visibly and he squeezed her shoulder. Thank the Force for small mercies.

"So, if that cute brunette costumed as a Jedi will join us here on stage..."

It took them both a moment for either of them to realize what he meant by the 'costume' and in that moment, Snaggs and Bucky had bent down, hauling his Padawan out of the crowd and onto the stage.

"C'mon, love," Bucky grinned, "tell us your name."

"Keme," she squeaked into the mic. "Keme Noori."

"Cute name," Snaggs lauded. "Who's that with you, your boyfriend?"

She turned an adorable shade of purple. "My Master."

"Ah," Bucky laughed. "Taking the Jedi costume very seriously tonight."

"It's not a costume," she protested. "I'm in training at the Jedi Temple and this is my first concert."

2. TraxxasJedi

TraxxasJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2004
    I could deffinetly stand more of that! LOL.

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    The general idea was Ophelia's, but she kept giving me permission to be hilarious with those two. It's all her fault. :-D

4. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Blame whomever you want, I don't care, it was funny!

Oh did you have another thread for the happy times?

5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was going to start it last week, but then the few days in the hospital after my surgery turned into a nightmare that kept me there all week because I had some major allergic reaction.

6. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    I'm very sorry for you!

7. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Thanks. Will update this in a couple of weeks... ;)

8. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    Uh, oh. In a couple of weeks it will be December... and angst will be back on the menu. Are Keme and Quiggy's happy times over?

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    i'm trying to get inspiration for the happy times thread, but in my painful state, it's not easy.

10. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    Aw, hope you're feeling better

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    "I'm never doing that again," Qui-Gon pronounced. "Never, ever..."

"Oh, come on, Master," Keme squealed, "you loved every minute of it. And when it's rebroadcast fifty times this weekend, think of all the funds it'll raise for the Temple..."

"No."

"And those girls who wanted you to sign their underwear..."

"No."

She put on a pout that usually would have had him melting, but only irritated him more now. "So, what do you expect me to do about it?"

He never got a chance to answer. He'd forgotten in his frustration to check his blindspot and the refugee transport that slammed into them, sending them careening into the Senate building killed them instantly.

12. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    One question...

Did they take the underwear off before he signed them... or did he sign them while they were still wearing them?

Alas. At least Quiggy went out with a bang at the pinnacle of his celebrity.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hmm, the question is, is this Liam or Qui-Gon celebrity. Qui-Gon, he'd be like "um, please expose a quarter-centimeter of waistband so I may inscribe my nomenclature..."

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I wonder if I should tell you guys that was a joke post...

15. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    I think I guessed that....... You would not be able to kill Kaigon anyway, because he still needs to train Xanatos and Obi-Wan, so Obi-Wan can train Anakin and Luke and Luke can restore the Jedi order..... and fight the Vong.....

No, I am not a lurker. I just decided to read this yesterday and was kicked off the computer about halfway through.

You did a very good job with this! I really like Keme...... She is cool, but poor, poor girl.

*sniffs in sympathy*

I feel very sorry for her.

What about all the padawans gone missing though? they are still investigating that right?

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL about that descendancy thing.

17. Kalitiri

Kalitiri Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2004
    I'm following MG around. Stalking her actually. Am I going to get in trouble?

I looked at her recent posts and am now going to all the places she has..... lol I am wierd....

I like this story Ishtar!

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Lol, I have such interesting readers... Thanks for reading.

19. TraxxasJedi

Jun 9, 2004
    Should I take that as a compliment?

20. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Yes, Traxxas, you should. It is probably going to be the best compliment you get for a loong time.... lol

*ducks the stuff Traxxas throws*

thbbt....

UP!!

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Big hug for all her quirky stalking readers.::

22. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I will update this tomorrow, have been struggling with the ins-and-outs of how to work the story from here.

23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeargh, keep missing on this. Will update as soon as this post is finished.

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There would be no apprenticing ceremony this time and Keme joked that the Council probably deemed she'd lost enough blood on the Order's behalf for one year.

They had been working as Master and Apprentice in spirit and fact, but the Council had withheld its official sanction until three days after Qui-Gon had officially lost his mind on Bucky's behalf.

Qui-Gon still swore to being scarred for life, but Keme couldn't help grinning at the way he was still humming 'Darling Danette' when he cooked.

"We need to have the official reapprenticing," he announced over dinner the night afterwards.

"Official," Keme echoed. "Haven't I suffered enough?"

"Yes," Qui-Gon agreed, "but you still have a missing Padawan braid and we haven't celebrated yet."

"Sounds like a good idea," she said approvingly. "And it gives me another chance to drag Ler out of the Senate."

"Ah," he grunted. "Ulterior motives for your good behavior. I might have known."

The occasion was set for two days later and they spent the better part of the afternoon slaving over a hot cooktop or making their quarters spotless. Since neither of them was particularly brilliant with cooking units, they found themselves expending a good deal of energy in laughter in the process, but it was more than fantastic to be able to laugh at something again.

Finally, Qui-Gon left to retrieve their long-time friend from the Senate and Keme promised to wrap up in the kitchen.

When they returned, however, the lights were dimmed enough for the candles on the table to be the most effective illumination. There was no question as to who was behind this, since the 'mood music' was "Snogging Starchicks" with his old friend Bucky.

"That devious..."

"Master and company," Ler read aloud from the flimsi on her plate, "I have a few things to take care of, but will be back later to chaperone the two of you. In the meantime, you are under strict instructions to play nice and treat her like a lady. And leave some julaberry crunch for me! Your Perfect Padawan."

"Presumptuous," he corrected, but there was no anger in his tone, only amusement.

She curled around his arm teasingly in the same way she had when they'd gone 'exploring.'

"Perceptive," she purred.

"All right," he snorted. "Let's start obeying orders and she might let us off on good behavior."

25. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.